Hird gone - Egan interim coach, Little gone after WADA appeal. TROLLS WILL BE CARDED

Remove this Banner Ad

hurleycry.jpg

What really effected me watching the presser was Hird's integrity. Regardless of all his mistakes, perhaps grave ones, and poor judgment you can see that he has wrestled with all of it throughout the journey. Just a class act.

Vastly different to those who have deliberately hurt, mislead, deflected, and pushed an agenda as they trotted out the line "I feel for the players. They are the real victims in all of this."

Okay, the absolute last thing we need posters doing right now is calling other supporters here weak and telling them to go away.

It is an emotional day and I can guarantee you that about the only thing right now that will make it slightly better in a footballing sense is if the fans don't turn en masse on each other.

Some people may feel they want a break from the game; from the club. That is their prerogative and the last thing we need is for others to swoop in and attack them.

I agree Doss, anyone acting this way are ****weak and should **** off.

Be interesting to see what Egan does with Carlisle/Hurley/Hooker arrangement this week (providing Hurley is fit)
Will Harvey or Skipworth or maybe even Fletcher become the backline line coach for the remaining three games?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I'm sure all the selections will be bang on. Nobody will be able to fault it and we'll have the perfect sub and the preview thread will be full of rainbows. Otherwise I've been lied to about responsibility.

What really effected me watching the presser was Hird's integrity. Regardless of all his mistakes, perhaps grave ones, and poor judgment you can see that he has wrestled with all of it throughout the journey. Just a class act.

Vastly different to those who have deliberately hurt, mislead, deflected, and pushed an agenda as they trotted out the line "I feel for the players. They are the real victims in all of this."

And to think Mark Stevens (on Ch 7 @430) and Barrett (on Triple M @305) both said there was no class and what a shambles this exit had been.

God media are ridiculous

And to think Mark Stevens (on Ch 7 @430) and Barrett (on Triple M @305) both said there was no class and what a shambles this exit had been.

God media are ridiculous
I have very little respect for either of those men. They have no honour. They live in people's gutters and seek glory in other's failures.
I love waiting at each press conference after a game to hear Steven's first question, "That didn't quite go as planned, <enter coach's name here>".

I have very little respect for either of those men. They have no honour. They live in people's gutters and seek glory in other's failures.
I love waiting at each press conference after a game to hear Steven's first question, "That didn't quite go as planned, <enter coach's name here>".

Yep.. Both Snitches who frankly, I'm sick of the 'boys club' at Ch9 blowing smoke up Barrets clacker and Stevens just peddling his own boat..

they are journalists not option writers.!!!

Some legacy as a coach. 4 years worth of coaching payouts, fines, legal fees, probably reduced sponsorship monies, and then you have the non-financial fallout of the supplements stuff and the costs of that, damage to the clubs reputation, players' mental health, loss of draft picks, loss of Ryder, Crameri (and maybe Carlisle too) etc etc. I guess the best you could say is that he meant well.

It all comes back to bad management, the wrong people (i.e. coteries) pulling the strings for their own personal gratification, and this dumb idea that being one of 'The Big 4' Melbourne clubs would be enough to bring success. RoRo hit the nail on the head.

It sucks for the club that one of our greatest players has been reduced to this and it obviously comes as a blow to people who stuck by him in the face of some pretty shitty reporting, but the best thing is to use it as an opportunity to make a clean break, start again and rebuild from the ground up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hird is gone, and if he was going to go any way, this way was probably the best, rather than him being sacked. will always be a hero of the club as a player, and hopefully returns in some way in the future.

Agreed. I also despise how they (the media) publicly disclose confidential information pertaining to individuals, i.e contractual payout figures. It's not legal in any business to discuss eachothers salary and contractual clauses, so why is it publicly accepted when the media disclose information they shouldn't know about? These are the same people who have the audacity to give Bomberland a hard time for its internal procedural failings, yet happily pay people for inside information. #endrant

Won't happen while little is in the chair. Campbell and Littles daughter are apparently friendly with each other.
I thought that comment was incredibly inappropriate until I realised that Little is 97 so his daughter would be well and truly of age.

Yep.. Both Snitches who frankly, I'm sick of the 'boys club' at Ch9 blowing smoke up Barrets clacker and Stevens just peddling his own boat..

they are journalists not option writers.!!!
Cant stand those two ferets and throw in the witch and you have complete set. Very sad for our club today, I admire Hird and disappointed he didn't get a crack at it when the and if this WADA / ASADA stuff is over, got a small taste earlier this year....I hope down the track those (non Essendon) people responsible at held accountible, but I will leave that for next week.

After few hours of disappointment, I am going to get behind Egan go to the last 2 games to wish him the best and support the players.... I can't wait for 2016 to start.... my little son will still be wearing the number 5 to both games

Who brought Robinson, who brought Dank, to the club.

Who has completely washed his hands of the whole ASADA affair and refuses to accept that he played any role.

Who admitted it was a mistake coming back to Essendon and he regrets it.

Who said he was burnt out as a senior coach when he left Geelong.

Who has dumped shit on people at the club since leaving.

Who was looked over for the God Coast job because of nasty "rumours", which may not even be rumours.
Tim Watson : Architect

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back