Hird gone - Egan interim coach, Little gone after WADA appeal. TROLLS WILL BE CARDED

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Watson : Archiect
photo-rel_architect.jpg

Someone with better photoshop skills than me surely can put Tim Watson's face on this picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May I post in your forum?

I am very sorry for the many decent humble Bombers I know, I wouldn't wish this on them or you.

I've never hated your mob like I hate say Carlton. Essendon has its good and its bad, but I've found the majority of Essendon people to be grateful for success and not take it for granted. You've made finals heaps but lost enough to keep you honest if that makes sense.

I'm seeing a lot of loyalty to Hird which shows how well thought of he is. You know what most non-Essendon people think, that the loyalty is misplaced. He was a brilliant player who attracted ire (maybe because he made it look easy?) so is this criticism and hate just more of the same?

Buckley was treated in a similar way for his perceived arrogance, has received the same hero worship from many at my club, and like Hird has been brought in as a favourite son to coach. I actually thought this sort of scenario not the specifics but the broad outline might happen to us.

I have to say having a favourite son as coach is damaging to the club if they don't measure up: its harder to sack them and it damages the club when it happens. I think the cold hard fact about Hird is that whether he was guilty, stupid or framed the damage was done three years ago.

If this was an outsider coach like Knights and he was being judged purely on his results and the likelihood of future damage, this decision would probably have been made in 2013.

I say this in the knowledge we have a favourite son at the helm who has failed to deliver success in the same time period. We turfed other coaches for similar poor performances in the past, loyalty to Buckley may mean no finals for years. There are excuses (there's always excuses) like oh we had injuries, three top 10 draft picks missed 2 years each blah blah. Excuses are bullshit, judge results, judge the reality of future prospects.

It would/will be hard to sack Bucks because the administration (OK its Ed) are committed to him. Likewise I think Essendon are too committed to their man, and its made it very hard for this situation to end in any other way than as a mess.

No doubt that scumbag Barret will try to put a wedge in the playing group I hope Jobe belts him one across is the ears.

Robbo has declared there is gonna be a civil war, personally I go wherever Black Widow goes.

YaZQ60KB37E9fgWFOU-uG4QuvkwoSd1-NTsmNpyvf9N30KNCy4owx-GbcGmVMKA-gruGVtvn0R7oWQliLrEDuwTglykKO5HMKUBmvJG1rtz_rMhN5GRbssmX-sBaOO10bscEteaw2nI7IhnWn8_mrCsb9w8TheewhmedXfcv=w470-h313-nc

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird gone - Egan interim coach, Little gone after WADA appeal. TROLLS WILL BE CARDED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back