Hird gone - Egan interim coach, Little gone after WADA appeal. TROLLS WILL BE CARDED

Remove this Banner Ad

My view for quite a while now has been that Hird was on borrowed time.

One way or another, that's now come to pass.

All I can really reflect right now is: what a terribly sad four or so years this has been for our club. For the players, the admin, the coaches and the supporters.

Could not have said it better.

Can anyone please explain the thought process that might have led the club to decide that 3 games before the end of the season with WADA ongoing, that now is the best time to get rid of Hird.

To me the decision reeks of bending to media pressure and being an absolute shambles at board level. Amateur hour.

Can anyone please explain the thought process that might have led the club to decide that 3 games before the end of the season with WADA ongoing, that now is the best time to get rid of Hird.

To me the decision reeks of bending to media pressure and being an absolute shambles at board level. Amateur hour.

Maybe it wasn't the clubs decision.

it might have been that there are other clubs looking for coaches and we want people to know that we are too so that the good ones consider us?

"You'll get your mark" - Bomber Thompson referring to the media and their persistent harassment/will for Hird to succumb to the axe.

6 days on and it seems he was right.

No matter your views on the matter, it can't be argued against that the immense media pressure on Hird and the club as a whole must have played a part

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a nice guy face to coach the club atleast for the next few years.

Would love to go down the hawks path with Bolton. Id just about put a line through Dew doesnt want to leave Sydney this soon.

Blake Caracella would be a good look, maybe even look to a Brett Ratten.

Peter Sumich and Kirk are other options.

Im not sure who will be sticking their hand up to coach us. I still think we are in better dhape then Carlton but thats about it in the AFL.

Was that stage managed to allow Hird to leave saving a bit of face?

Whatever it was I'm excited!!

They sold this clear air fresh start on me! I'm in!

We can be the bulldogs next year, wce. New coach, fresh ideas no dark cloud, a not guilty plea.

I'm up and about again! No time for sadness, he did this for us to move on, let's not begrudge him this.

Busiest man in trade week this year? - Adrian Dodoro!
I highly doubt it. The vultures picking over our carcass will either take less fashionable players as DFA (the limited appeal types who may fill a need/role) or simply offer up picks for more sought after types (not big in number). Player movement is going to be one way traffic.

So the 5-14 record this year has no part in it?

I agree with Ang Postecoglou (or he agrees with me). It's impossible to judge him as a coach with all this WADA crap. Absolutely. But I can see how it could be a circuit breaker even though I'm not sure I agree with it.

Hope he pays out on the AFL and causes a massive furore.

Be interesting to see what Egan does with Carlisle/Hurley/Hooker arrangement this week (providing Hurley is fit)
Will Harvey or Skipworth or maybe even Fletcher become the backline line coach for the remaining three games?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird gone - Egan interim coach, Little gone after WADA appeal. TROLLS WILL BE CARDED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back