How can AFL increase game attendance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

What do you think are some ways the AFL can increase attendance to games in 2015?

Attendance over the last 5 seasons has been trending down.

2014 - 6,974,488 (33,693 per match)

2013 - 6,931,085 (33,484 per match)

2012 - 6,778,559 (32,747 per match)

2011 - 7,139,272 (36,425 per match)

2010 - 7,145,488 (38,417 per match)

What are your motivations to continue to go to games (even when your team is average/bottom 8 team)?

And does anyone know any teams who were consistently performing average/poor over a good period of time, but the club managed to keep their fan attendance high?
Stop charging like wounded bulls, might be a start, stop favouring corporate promotions and having special boxes for some times people who don't even follow the game. People don't go because its frustrating to watch the umpiring, but I think that may change now that a lot of fans have said they have had enough of strange decisions and grey rules no one understands, but cost has got to be part of the reason. Buy a Coke and a hot dog , your days nearly done, have a couple of beers and some KFC or HJ's and you are bankrupt. Well in footy going terms anyway.

No. But maybe you could start the 'how to improve cinema attendance' thread or a 'who eats at a music festival' thread....

HA!!

Literally struggling to remember ever buying food at a festival...and I've been to a few...

To be fair it's not just Gold Coast and gws dragging down the attendance, even with the new adelaide oval which attracted 20 K more people per round than aimi did last year the attendance only went up by 200.

Some of Richmonds crowds this year were terrible (going by their averages last season)

Crowds at Ethiad were poor.

Gold Coast are making improvement but I can't see gws's crowds going up much next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

How can AFL increase game attendance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back