How do we open Adelaide Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel before our 1st game at AO, we have to have a GF like build up in the town.
What I really want is have someone there sing This is the moment. It really gets me pumped up, and we do have a 100% strike rate in games this is sung before hand ;) (98 GF)

If (when) it's a night game, have red blue and yellow fireworks shooting out while our team enters and is times to perfection to last non-stop while our song is played.

Make it epic!
Heck, outdo the AFL GF pre-match "entertainment" :p

Jessica Simpson singing 'these boots are made for walkin' while facing the afl box that we expect will have the CEO and other commission members present.

Yep we need some revolutionary ideas for going forward at AOval. We need to stamp our name on the place because we are the ADELAIDE FC. We don't come from way down the road.

Lets do something South Australian. Lets move on to the 21st century. Lets have something more dynamic and professional than the 'run through' banner. Lets have new larger scale visual and audio happenings and effects that punch up the excitement. Lets have an exciting new way of introducing the team onto the ground. There are a host of things that could be done which can lead the way for the AFL future. We could be ground breakers with this. The Americans do it so well at their games, particularly with College football.
But maybe I'm getting too excited.........maybe we shouldn't aim too high.........maybe we should first investigate the use of canned cheering crowd noise through the loudspeaker system to fill the void of near silence at many Crows games.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take a leaf from the NBA and put a cheap AFC t-shirt on every seat for the crowd - would give a one off unique effect and provide a small momento for those that are lucky enough to go.

(waits for "aww but thats too american" boo hoo type comments)

Hilltop Hoods?
MC Pressure (Dan Smith) is a big Port supporter, not sure on the other 2.

And on AC/DC, my personal opinion (on books read, articles etc) is they're massively self-interested... only interested in themselves, their music, for their profit. Hence why it took them song long to release their music to iTunes etc... and it goes way back to their beginnings... they're (particularly the Young bros) are ruthless when it comes their band. When the do gigs they do it for themselves... well until recently, when they've supposedly ditched their "no festival" policy. Basically, there is SFA chance they would come to open AO... doubt they would do the AFL GF.

IMO... the 1st game at AO is a big enough draw card for each team.

Massive band (Coldplay, AC-DC etc) concert on river precinct with fireworks! Jet fighter/Roulettes flyby with crows coloured smoke trails!

I would love to see the club do something like this if Port get the first game.

Well, they did manage to get a plane, but it wasn't quite the jet fighter you were hoping for...

This isn't to do with opening Adelaide Oval but can we PLEASE leave Phillips, Crowell and whoever that female announcer is at AAMI? They're incredibly awful.

Could be worse, could be Jarrod Walsh, who seems to be an announcer at just about every sporting event in this state!

Heard Trigg on 5AA not wanting to give away much. Said there will be some sort of acknowledgement of our arrival at the stadium but that we would mainly be getting into our regular routine.

Didn't want to give much away though, was trying not to say if there would be the national anthem but then they listed a few singers and he said something like "I won't give away the singer", so that's something that it sounds like they will do.

Kept going on and on about the audio visual elements. I think a lot of that stuff was worked out with the same people as Port because I have heard of things like the songs before running out or the bounce and even that kiss cam mentioned when talking about our plans as well.

There won't be tshirts. Pretty much whenever they asked if we would be doing something that Port did the answer was that they've done that now so we will have to do something that is unique to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we open Adelaide Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back