How do we open Adelaide Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this a graphic shown on the tv replay ?

The tv coverage was horrible, I finally watched the start just to see how the oval looked on tv and they paid little respect to the game. If this was a big Victorian clash they would of had a big lead up with crosses to out side in the plaza, across the bridge, interviews, the whole on field pre-match and the whole teams running out like they do say Anzac or Indigenous round.

Unless more was shown on tv they showed a few shots of Port supporters and there march. Then crossed to the studio (in Victoria?) and did the line ups, cut to us going through the banner with the volume right down, back to the studio, then a quick look at Port going through their banner, again volume down, more in the studio and then straight to the Dean Bailey minute silence and the national anthem.

Last edited:
The tv coverage was horrible, I finally watched the start just to see how the oval looked on tv and they paid little respect to the game. If this was a big Victorian clash they would of had a big lead up with crosses to out side in the plaza, across the bridge, interviews, the whole on field pre-match and the whole teams running out like they do say Anzac or Indigenous round.

Unless more was shown on tv they showed a few shots of Port supporters and there march. Then crossed to the studio (in Victoria?) and did the line ups, cut to us going through the banner with the volume right down, back to the studio, then a quick look at Port going through their banner, again volume down, more in the studio and then straight to the Dean Bailey minute silence and the national anthem.

Am I the only one that absolutely hates our 'local' add on to the TV coverage.

Bruce Abernathy or Andrew Jarman coming on just shit me.

Am I the only one that absolutely hates our 'local' add on to the TV coverage.

Bruce Abernathy or Andrew Jarman coming on just shit me.

Agree 100% here it looks so amateur. It's obviously 7's attempt at re-branding the Foxtel coverage but its just pointless, and the cross to the studio completely takes you out of the game.

What would actually look good is if they could do it from the stadium, or say on that platform Fiveaa were broadcasting from with a shot back over the river or towards the stadium.

I didn't see Channel 7's coverage, but I heard it was awful, and that they didn't even show the National Anthem or their song at the end! I watched some of the game on video from Fox Footy when I got home and it was brilliant. They showed a two minute video montage of the day, the stadium, and then the pregame stuff, the ribbon cutting etc, national anthem and so on. This is why I pay for Fox Footy, they do a very professional coverage and make Channel 7 look like a bunch of sad amateurs, I can't wait for the day when Fox can do their own commentators at all games, so I don't have to watch the Channel 7 rubbish.

This part doesn't bother me, cos I'll be at the game, but Channel 7 aren't showing the game live! They are showing it at 3pm, cant believe its not live, its been sold out since Tuesday! They'll happily screw the fans over so the coverage runs into their 6pm news!!

In other words - we hadn't thought of anything or planned anything special, so we will try to come up with our own 'unique' one this week and then claim that we just wanted to settle in to our normal routine.
Thats the way I heard it, I will be very surprised if we are blown away by what the club does...

am i the only one that feels let down that we have already played there, yet this week is supposed to be our first home game. Wish we played interstate last week and this was genuinely our first match at AO.

Not that I was there last week, but it just looked wrong playing at the ground with barely any of our supporters there.

Seriously can't wait to see the entire stadium filled with red, gold and navy.

This still feels like our opening to me, mainly as there was so few Crows fans there last week.

Not that I was there last week, but it just looked wrong playing at the ground with barely any of our supporters there.

Seriously can't wait to see the entire stadium filled with red, gold and navy.

This still feels like our opening to me, mainly as there was so few Crows fans there last week.
It was like celebrating our twin brothers birthday last week and ours this week. Its weird its been done but not done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

am i the only one that feels let down that we have already played there, yet this week is supposed to be our first home game. Wish we played interstate last week and this was genuinely our first match at AO.

I think it will feel very ho-hum if we don't do anything special to "open" it. If, as suggested, it will pretty much just be our "normal routine" then I'll be really quite disappointed.

There will be lots of crows fans there who weren't there last week. We all deserve our own special events for our first home game.

This is why I thought the showdown should not have been the first game. My suggestion was one team has round 1, the other round 2, then a showdown round 3. Whoever got round 1 would be the away team for the showdown. That way both teams and both sets of supporters could have their own openings for the venue.

Weren't we told by Smart that we would be making a positive announcement every day in the lead up the first home game?

Only announcement we have made this week, and it's a good one is smith contract.

Why would we do anything to open Adelaide Oval when we didn't do anything special to close AAMI stadium.

Should get the cheersquad to practice 19 luftballons and sing it whilst releasing 19 balloons at the same time.

Yeah Alex I know it was a weak one. :oops: :) :oops:

There was a lot of Crows supporters there last week, there was at least 10,000 Crows fans there and we made heaps of noise, it was probably one of the best atmosphere's I've been inbolved in.

I hope we do something special to open adelaide oval, sometjing similar to the video montage that Port did would be brilliant

Why would we do anything to open Adelaide Oval when we didn't do anything special to close AAMI stadium.

are you saying a t shirt and commemorative coin wasn't special?

maybe we could open adelaide oval with a commemorative lanyard.

Farewell_shirt.jpg

Farewell_coin_packet_back.jpg

There was a lot of Crows supporters there last week, there was at least 10,000 Crows fans there and we made heaps of noise, it was probably one of the best atmosphere's I've been inbolved in.

I hope we do something special to open adelaide oval, sometjing similar to the video montage that Port did would be brilliant

With the amount of times Trigg mentioned audio/visual in that interview and how amazing it's supposed to be you would hope.

I was skeptical the quality of video would make that much difference to the game day experience but honestly the clear audio and actually being able to see the screens clearly made it much easier to follow what was going on.

Hopefully it's not just those annoying hosts from AAMI interacting with the crowd because I think they would be intolerable in high definition.

This has been a monumental stuff up by Rob, Triggy, Nigel and his merry men.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the AFL would give Port Power the first showdown. Not only has it been the world's greatest mercy **** for Poort but it has sucked the oxygen from our move to Adelaide Oval. With the support of Michelangelo the Weasel, everything we do is dumb (we have shot ourselves in the foot a bit) and the sun shines out of the Power's bum. Were there numerous articles of outrage that Port was going to use the iconic scoreboard as an advertising sign. And what about all those articles about Poort's back down (they did use the scoreboard in the end).

The "Smart" thing would have been to insist that the first game was not a showdown and our house full sign would have been in sharp contrast to Poort's 10,000 empty seats. But when was the last time the AFC made a smart decision?

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we open Adelaide Oval?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back