Coach How do we prepare for finals?

Where do you reckon we’ll end up at the end of H&A?

• Home qualifying final

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Away qualifying final

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Home elimination final

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re finals bound, with two rounds and a bye to come.

How do we prepare? Or do we simply keep doing what we’re doing?

What does our finals squad look like?

My list review below. Bolded players were selected 22 + sub against Melbourne

1. Lipinski. Has played every game this year
2. DeGoey. Cherry Ripe. Great form after mini pre-season. Chasing a contract
3. Quaynor. Had a break recently (Covid protocols) for the Adelaide game.

4. Grundy. Poses the biggest question - will he be ready to displace an in-form Cox?
5. Elliott. Ripping form after only playing 14 games of 20 this season.
6. C.Brown. Only played 5 games this year. Been named as emergency in recent games.
7. J.Daicos. Career best form, played every game this season
8. Bianco. Played 7 games this season.
9. Noble. Another player who has played every game this season
10. Pendlebury. The captain

12. Tom Wilson. Out for season
13. Adams. Racing to get back from groin injury for first week of finals.
14. Cameron. Played every game except round 1
15. Krueger. Out for season
16. Henry. In and out of the side. Fly said he needs to work on his defensive game.
17. T Brown. Hasn’t played seniors since first half of season.
18. Macrae. Only played 1 Senior game this year and that was sub. Just signed 2 year deal so clearly he’s valued
19. Draper. Yet to debut
20. Kelly. Hasn’t played seniors this season.
21. Ruscoe. Covered for Howe when he was out.
22. Sidebottom. Played every game this season
23. Roughead. Retired
24. Poulter. Played 1 game mid-season v Bulldogs
25. Crisp. As of Melbourne game, has played 182 games in a row
26. McInnis. Out for season
27. Murley. Yet to debut
28. Murphy. Played 11 games in a row
29. McMahon. Yet to debut
30. Moore. Played 19 games this season. Recently sat out round 17 game v North (Covid IIRC?)
31. McCreery. Played 17 games this season
32. Hoskin-Elliott. Subbed out of Melb game with hip flexor. Fly said it wasn’t too bad
33. Ginnivan. Played 18 games this season
34. Chugg. Debuted this season but we haven’t seen much of him since
35. N.Daicos. Played every game. Leading CFC’s 2022 disposal count by a long way
36. Harrison. Yet to debut.
37. Maynard. That tackle!
38. Howe. Just like Moore, this has been one of his best season for getting on the park. Played 19 of 20 games.
39. Begg. Debuted this year and played a 3 games mid season
40. Johnson. Kicked 10 goals in 4 games + does pressure acts + sets up team-mates. What a revelation!
41. Mihicek. Sat out the round 20 game v Port
43. Dean. Out for season
44. Madgen. Injured round 9. Murphy has taken his spot. Madge since reinvented in the VFL as a forward.
45. Carmichael. Drafted mid season, debuted round 17 and been in the 22+1 ever since
46. Cox. Turned his form around this season

Last edited:
We keep doing what we are doing. Don’t look too far ahead and try and win each week.

It’s possible that Adams and Grundy may not make it back.

We’ll see.

Last edited:

I dont reckon fitness will be an issue. We were running out the game against Melbourne well and it was a intense game
Agreed mate - it's now really in the hands of the footy gods . . . which always makes me FKIN nervous.

On exposed form the only side that could really trouble us is Geelong but we do have two things in our favour.

They won't be playing at their tin pot little stadium which the AFL have gifted many games at and we are still on an upward trajectory.

Interesting times ahead.

Agreed mate - it's now really in the hands of the footy gods . . . which always makes me FKIN nervous.

On exposed form the only side that could really trouble us is Geelong but we do have two things in our favour.

They won't be playing at their tin pot little stadium which the AFL have gifted many games at and we are still on an upward trajectory.

Interesting times ahead.
This may be tempting fate but i have a feeling Geelong will run out of puff if they go deep. And if we bring a manic finals game their oldies wont keep up. Might be wishful thinking too.

This may be tempting fate but i have a feeling Geelong will run out of puff if they go deep. And if we bring a manic finals game their oldies wont keep up. Might be wishful thinking too.
Geelong have been written off many times and keep bobbing up like that uncle that always farts at the dinner table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL Pistol in 2 days I turn 68 years old . . .

Thanks for that :);)
Well good luck for your birthday and GO THE PIES I think the next few years will be a good time for Collingwood supporters and I cannot wait.

We are having the best preparation for the finals with all these close finishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach How do we prepare for finals?

Back