How far can GWS go this season?

How far can GWS go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Which was a disgrace, but it comes off the back of a dismal start to their season, with fans dropping like flys.

Why is that the benchmark you are choosing?
We have been crap for 5 years since we started up in the largest (but alien to the game) populated region in oz.

What benchmark is it again?

Which was a disgrace, but it comes off the back of a dismal start to their season, with fans dropping like flys.

Why is that the benchmark you are choosing?

Cant read your original post so hard to guess what you are on about. The post i replied to was a 20k home crowd goal which when compared to clubs with a rich history and massive membership numbers it doesnt correlate. This is rd 6 not rd 16.

Cant read your original post so hard to guess what you are on about. The post i replied to was a 20k home crowd goal which when compared to clubs with a rich history and massive membership numbers it doesnt correlate. This is rd 6 not rd 16.

There was no original post.

GWS have been showing some great signs the last couple of years. They have been gifted success by the AFL and have only one other team in the biggest city in Australia to contend with in terms of sharing the AFL numbers. I think there should be many more fans there to witness the rise of the giants, as the list is on the verge of some real success.

I hope players don't leave due to wanting to play in front of crowds that appreciate them.

There was no original post.

GWS have been showing some great signs the last couple of years. They have been gifted success by the AFL and have only one other team in the biggest city in Australia to contend with in terms of sharing the AFL numbers. I think there should be many more fans there to witness the rise of the giants, as the list is on the verge of some real success.

I hope players don't leave due to wanting to play in front of crowds that appreciate them.
Competing against nrl.
We didnt get gifted jack.
We got start up concessions from all 16 clubs.
As GC have shown that doesnt mean jack.
Carlton have more number 1s than we have.
Oh and our fans do appreciate the players. Hense why the majority stay.

They may have had concessions, but they have played the hand they were dealt. Even trumping the afl with their savvy use to exploit it, playing the long game. Just having talent doesn't automatically turn to a quality team, it's the development they have put in. Not to start something with Melbourne supporters but they had access to a lot of top end talent and nothing came of it. The most talented juniors need the systems in place to take the next step, so the club is doing everything right in that regard so good on them

We didnt get gifted jack. ****ing LOL
We got start up concessions from all 16 clubs. ie gifted
As GC have shown that doesnt mean jack. Measuring success against the failings of another team......well done.
Carlton have more number 1s than we have. And they are laughed at for it. See bolded in line above.
Oh and our fans do appreciate the players. Hense why the majority stay. There is a big group that have left, but for GWS sake, hopefully that trend changes.

Hmmm

I dont see a trophy sitting our cabinet and the best 30 players in the league signed up. So no not gifted.
We had to start somewhere and all clubs thought it was fair. Of course all clubs thought our players would have a mass exodus. Didnt happen.
Well its the only team to measure it against.
Oooh so all other clubs are ok but we are gifted. Riight
Yes there are players to leave. Our ever shrinking cap and list size would do that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont see a trophy sitting our cabinet and the best 30 players in the league signed up. So no not gifted.
We had to start somewhere and all clubs thought it was fair. Of course all clubs thought our players would have a mass exodus. Didnt happen.
Well its the only team to measure it against.
Oooh so all other clubs are ok but we are gifted. Riight
Yes there are players to leave. Our ever shrinking cap and list size would do that

Wow. What a simple view on things.

Life must be different when you look at things like that.

Not sure how far they can go. But I did just 20 minutes ago see my first ever pair of gws supporters so done things are on the way up.

GWS seems much more extensive or did they just do it better?
We currently have 3 left
Cameron
Shiel
Wilson

We actually lost one before we even started with Tunbridge.

But yes on the outside it looks like we did better with those 3 plus Treloar and bugg. But it also proves that junior form doesn't translate to afl with golds one of our highest rated at the time

Gold Coast start up concessions

17yo access
Piers Flanagan
Taylor hine
Jack Hutchins
Hayden jolly
Alex keath
Brandon Matera
Trent Mckenzie
Tom Nicholls
Luke Russell
Matt shaw