How high can Carlton go in '08?

Remove this Banner Ad

A finish somewhere between 12th -9th but I will definitely happy if we can climb out of the bottom 4.

Finals in 2008 would be a real bonus but I can't see it happening just yet and until we can recruit/draft/develop 2-3 tall big bodied defenders, we won't finish anywhere near the real business end of the ladder for a few years yet.

Who cares - with weak as p!ss fans, corrupt board, etc...who are carlton?

The team that's going to own your p!ss weak rabble in Round 1 - again.;)

On topic 8-10 wins finishing just outside the eight would be a great platform for our young team.:thumbsu:

They can go quite high in my opinion. Worthless crooked accomplishment. The question is how low can they drag the league in general. Imagine if all the bottom teams start tanking halfway through the season next year as many Carlton supporters/administrators think is acceptable behaviour. Half of each week's games would be a farce. Let's hope that no-one else stoops to Carlton's depths.

They can go quite high in my opinion. Worthless crooked accomplishment. The question is how low can they drag the league in general. Imagine if all the bottom teams start tanking halfway through the season next year as many Carlton supporters/administrators think is acceptable behaviour. Half of each week's games would be a farce. Let's hope that no-one else stoops to Carlton's depths.

Another person wants to bring up tanking...well done!!

I guess you have evidence like all the others...or is it still unproven speculation, driven by the media world!!!

Did you watch any of the games we tanked???

Did you see the boys after the game who were gutted week in week out!!

You think Lance missed those goals against your team Melb that could have saved his career in an attempt to get the number one pick....

You think the young guys enjoy losing??

Be serious for a minute, while getting draft picks is good to help rebuild...on-field success breeds like wild fire....

So back to the topic, Carlton to finish 8th to 11th

Improved Midfield, capable forward line....better administration than the previous 20 years and better rehab team and facilities will all prove the big winners that will help the on-field.

When I think of Carlton all I can think about is how god-awful the draft/trading system is in Aussie rules footy. It's been said a million times but being rewarded for finishing bottom is ridiculous, and it needs to be sorted out. I honestly cannot even talk about the Blues' chances anymore because it all seems so hollow. This isn't a crack at Carlton; if Adelaide were at the bottom I'd be disappointed if they didn't take full advantage of whatever is on offer. This is a crack at the AFL; fix the system because it sucks.

Another person wants to bring up tanking...well done!!
Why thank you. I thought I did a good job.

I guess you have evidence like all the others...or is it still unproven speculation, driven by the media world!!!

Did you watch any of the games we tanked???
Unfortunately yes - a couple.

Did you see the boys after the game who were gutted week in week out!!
Yep. I never for a moment said that the players weren't trying their guts out. You can check all my previous excited comments on the matter for verification. The only Carlton player I have any strong negative feelings towards is Eddie Betts, and that is probably just because he is a small forward and they're easy to despise ie Milne.

You think Lance missed those goals against your team Melb that could have saved his career in an attempt to get the number one pick....

You think the young guys enjoy losing??
No and no.

Coaching, board decisions, and considerable (obviously not total) supporter acceptance and enthusiasm for such practices are what bother me. I'm not saying that all Blues fans are like that, and there are several Blues posters on BF who I totally respect.

I'm different to many in that I like having the PP system in place to help struggling clubs, and will be disappointed when it needs to be removed because of exploitation.

Will finish higher than the the filth in '08 you'll see. :cool:

Pies 07 = easest draw - finished 6th -had a good finals run - are already ahead of themselves - which will mean 11-12th finish in 08 for the filth. :thumbsu:

There's just NO way Carlton will finish ahead of Collingwood in 08. You're delusional to think otherwise, not just optimistic.

FWIW, I think Carlton could finish 11-16. Teams to return to form next year should include the Bulldogs, Melbourne and Freo. I expect them to finish ahead of Carlton too. Grats for getting Judd, but he won't be any magical cure-all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're an absolute disgrace! Back to your cave. :thumbsdown:

I'm sick of pussy supporters like you who are being "realistic". Go follow another team, I'd bitch slap the lot of you if you were near me at a game with your pessemistic attitude towards the team! I would hate to see you or some of the other Blues supporters here anywhere near most of our younger players with your mediocre expectations. :mad:

CARLTON WILL FINISH TOP 4 IN 08 EVEN IF MOST OF OUR SUPPORTERS HAVE NO FAITH THAT WE CAN ACHIEVE IT! :cool: :thumbsu:

Wow, have another cone dude, you're gonna need it!!!

There's just NO way Carlton will finish ahead of Collingwood in 08. You're delusional to think otherwise, not just optimistic.

FWIW, I think Carlton could finish 11-16. Teams to return to form next year should include the Bulldogs, Melbourne and Freo. I expect them to finish ahead of Carlton too. Grats for getting Judd, but he won't be any magical cure-all.

Thats just your opinion ..and you know opinions are like arseholes ...everyone has one. ;)

Personally I believe that we can probably finnish 7-8th and just sneak into the finals. I would then like to see us make the 2nd week of the finals.

Many people seem to forget that we have been tanking :eek:(something I'm not proud of), now that we have significantly improved our midfield, our defence can only get better, and our forwards have already shown that they can score goals.

So now when we actually try to win some games, how well do you think Carlton will go in '08?

PS: Please be realistic, I will review @ the end of the season!!!

LMAO

so which 8-9 teams are the Blues better than?

Given that Melbourne finished in the finals last year and were widely tipped to challenge for the flag this year (as well as their repeated 'yo-yoing' between top and bottom) I would say that there is more evidence of Melbourne tanking the season than Carlton. At least Carlton have been consistent in being a crap side over the last 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

How high can Carlton go in '08?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back