MRP / Trib. How many weeks for Gaff? LIVE Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, when you review the tapes from a few angles to me it's pretty clear his intent was not to make contact with his face. Given his jaw is broken though not sure that will count for much, but given his clean record and what i've mentioned it shouldn't be judged on par with buggs.
Incredible bias. But I understand that as a supporter, we can’t help it sometimes however it was a cowardly act. One of the worst in years.
The AFL will come down hard on it. They know they have to.
He will get the same as Bugg did. 6 weeks which it rough because it means he won’t play any finals.

I disagree mate, I think we're all worried about how AB is going, I know I am. Horrible. :(

Hopefully his recovery goes well.

Pretty much this, I absolutely hate seeing players injured or hurt, regardless of who they play for. On the flip side I'm devastated that a player like Gaff is in this situation. For mine it completely took the gloss off of the win, and yet again going with the theme of the season we lose an important player for an extended time.

We'll all cop his whack.

Even the Melbourne media has made it clear that there were no replays of the incident showed at the game so very few people at the ground knew the severity of what happened, or even that there had been an incident. The cheers for Gaff were simply supporters sticking up for him after seeing him targeted and hit and obviously crying on the bench..without really knowing why the Dockers were doing it or why he was so upset.
In hindsight the cheering looks out of place, but anyone who thinks Eagles supporters were cheering Gaff for hurting Brayshaw is wrong, he's an 18 year old boy playing a game, it was extremely distressing for everyone who saw that on the tv, I admit I didn't watch the last quarter until a few hours later…my daughters and I all felt sick.

Gaff did something really stupid and the repercussions are horrible, he's obviously a shattered man over it and will cop a rightful big whack, but like Barry Hall he will carry that reputation around with him always and feel shame. As Gaff said, whatever he gets he will wear it and it's only Andy Brayshaw who is the victim here.

Incredible bias. But I understand that as a supporter, we can’t help it sometimes however it was a cowardly act. One of the worst in years.
He will get the same as Bugg did. 6 weeks which it rough because it means he won’t play any finals.
You wont get that from me West Coast fans who will protest Gaff’s character, remember how you felt when Tom Jonas crudely smashed Gaff and knocked him out in Adelaide. He has let his team down and himself down

Pretty much this, I absolutely hate seeing players injured or hurt, regardless of who they play for. On the flip side I'm devastated that a player like Gaff is in this situation. For mine it completely took the gloss off of the win, and yet again going with the theme of the season we lose an important player for an extended time.

We'll all cop his whack.
This. It feels like the Collingwood game with Nic Nat's injury, I can't enjoy it at all.

I just don't get why he did it. Absolutely baffling.

Thanks for riding in on your high horse freo friends. Shall we talk about Kickett, or Solomon, or even go as far as Farmer and Sylvia who actually take their thuggery off field, and bash women??

Every team has had a player/s do stupid, dodgy shit on field so not sure why so many are coming in here and taking the moral high ground.

Gaff will cop his whack, but to compare it to Barry hall’s hit is laughable.

Call it bias all you like. Every commentator and journalist has stated Gaffs action was totally out of character. 173 games not a single suspension.

Gaff gets tagged and Brayshaw was pushing and blocking his run. What do players do when trying to break a stragging tag, they give tham a good wack in the solar plexus to take the wind out of them. Now go measure on youself the distance from your solar plexus and your chin.

Based on Gaffs history and character IMO he was trying to belt him 6 inches below where he did make contact. Gaff stuffed up terribly but no way in my mind did he intend to punch Brayshaw just under his nose and rub himself out for the season.

Now Barry Hall's hit. A semi pro boxer with a rap sheet longer than your arm. Thats a different scenario.

And Ross Lyon is a flog for comparing the two. But he already was a flog everyone knows that.

Coward punch, cheap shot, gutless, king hit, broken jaw, smashed teeth, dog act, teenager!!?
Wow - plenty of headline fuel for the fire?
Trial by media? Gaff has already been tried and sentenced by the looks of it.
has the injury report been absolutely confirmed in detail? Lyons certainly fed the frenzy.
Is it a broken jaw or is it a hairline fracture with a couple of loose teeth?
Was it a misdirected swing - the type you see all day long in footy?
It was deliberate that much we know.

No mention on Freo's site that they just got flogged in another derby, just truckloads of
feral hate for the so called feral mob up the road?

It’s funny seeing Freo fans try to take the moral high ground since they are such experts in coward punches.
https://amp.watoday.com.au/national...punched-woman-now-jailed-20151130-glbi3b.html

I think this type of counter argument is kinda pointless, you can't really blame Freo fans for feeling aggrieved and posting emotionally, if you look deep enough at any club you'll probably find something that you can use as a counter argument, doesn't change the facts tho.

We should defend Gaff as a person but certainly not his actions. And here in the world controlled by social media it'll follow him for the rest of his life and we'll probably be speaking up for him for the same amount of time.

Not sure i understand all the hate for the crowd reaction to support Gaff.

All the media seems to be overlooking that the Eagles crowd politely and supportively applauded Brayshaw as he left the ground.

Not sure i understand all the hate for the crowd reaction to support Gaff.

All the media seems to be overlooking that the Eagles crowd politely and supportively applauded Brayshaw as he left the ground.

I know, it's unlike the media or opposition fans to sensationalise something without looking at the facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I have a different understanding of a jumper punch than most here.

A jumper punch is when you grab a piece of their jumper and hit them in the chest or jaw. Reason being that holding the jumper prevents you getting significant force into your hit.

What Gaff allegedly tried to do was a gut/body punch and it absolutely attracts the attention of the MRP/MRO.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bugg got six weeks for his hit on Mills (and rightly so), this deserves at least eight weeks.

Nothing to do with finals.
We are all in shock with what has happened and are wishing our best for Brayshaw.

Don't however need bozzos like you coming on to this board and mentioning Gaff in the same context as your serial thug Bugg. Run along.

I think I have a different understanding of a jumper punch than most here.

A jumper punch is when you grab a piece of their jumper and hit them in the chest or jaw. Reason being that holding the jumper prevents you getting significant force into your hit.

What Gaff allegedly tried to do was a gut/body punch and it absolutely attracts the attention of the MRP/MRO.

Yep. He would have been rubbed out for it or fined heavily either way. Stupid, stupid thing to do.

Just a question for those that were at the game, just read an article stating Eagles supporters were giving a standing ovation to Gaff as he came from the field after the event and was deliberately cheered onfield whenever he touched the ball. Is that just media story making or is there truth in the report?

The article is an opinion piece by Richard Hinds.

Cheers.

Just a question for those that were at the game, just read an article stating Eagles supporters were giving a standing ovation to Gaff as he came from the field after the event and was deliberately cheered onfield whenever he touched the ball. Is that just media story making or is there truth in the report?

Cheers.
Read the last few pages of this thread, you will get your answer

Meh Murray Newman did 6 months in the big house for breaking a guys jaw. Obviously the intent was completely different, but in the greater scheme of things a couple months on the sidelines is a slap on the wrist.

The bigger consequence for gaff is his reputation. He's gonna cop it this week but in time he can make amends, I believe he is a good person who made a blue.

For west coast it's a blow, but we just gotta accept the punishment and find a way to replace gaff.

On a side note, I also think it's sad that some individuals are using this as an opportunity to rub salt in the wounds. Says a lot about ones character hey.

Cheers.
The general consensus seems to be that most fans didn't see the original incident, nor was it replayed, but they did see the subsequent "bullying" of Gaff. That would explain the reaction

100m off the ball?! Have you been drinking Ross the Boss' kool-aid?
Ross has certainly taken the focus off of his teams piss poor effort in the game. I also liked how he was trying to settle his team down at 3/4 time as they wanted retribution.
Last words were to Ballentyne who went to the centre bounce and tried his hardest to iron out Gaff. Can anyone tell me how many centre bounces Ballentyne has been in this year prior to yesterday? I can’t recall one.

Cheers.

I was at the game, can’t stand the eagles, there was NO replay shown at the ground (at least from what I saw) I got a text so knew something happened.

As much as I would love to kick eagles supporters this clapping thing is ridiculous, 99.9% i would suggest didn’t know about the hit and they cheered him like they would any player after he was taken out by the Freo players later on.

WCE has bad supporters like every club, however to think they would cheer such an action, is so over the top and disgusting journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back