MRP / Trib. How many weeks for Gaff? LIVE Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the Melbourne media has made it clear that there were no replays of the incident showed at the game so very few people at the ground knew the severity of what happened, or even that there had been an incident. The cheers for Gaff were simply supporters sticking up for him after seeing him targeted and hit and obviously crying on the bench..without really knowing why the Dockers were doing it or why he was so upset.
In hindsight the cheering looks out of place, but anyone who thinks Eagles supporters were cheering Gaff for hurting Brayshaw is wrong, he's an 18 year old boy playing a game, it was extremely distressing for everyone who saw that on the tv, I admit I didn't watch the last quarter until a few hours later…my daughters and I all felt sick.

Gaff did something really stupid and the repercussions are horrible, he's obviously a shattered man over it and will cop a rightful big whack, but like Barry Hall he will carry that reputation around with him always and feel shame. As Gaff said, whatever he gets he will wear it and it's only Andy Brayshaw who is the victim here.

Agree with this. I was at the ground and only saw footage after the match. what I did see was Gaff distraught on the bench about the hit, and the Freo players targeting him throughout the rest of the match.
Also, the radio commentators were saying it may be his last match in Eagles colours, so when he went off, some spectators would have had that in their minds.

The skeptic in me thinks 5 due to the grand final. Wouldn't be suprised if he copped anything from 4-7. It's all just speculation though.

Stating what he WILL or WON'T get is neither productive or based upon fact.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He will do cartwheels if he only gets five.

Gaffs arm started down the side of his body, and struck similar to how players gut/chest punch

All those pictures show is Gaff looking directly at Brawshaw before he even starts moving his arm. You and the 20 people who liked that post actually think that what you wrote and what is shown in the pictures is the same thing?

6 weeks at least here and totally fair. There is no excuses at all to be made here and Gaff will cop it on the chin. Club is going to get smashed this week in the media.
Let's bring in Brayshaw for Gaff against port

I think this type of counter argument is kinda pointless, you can't really blame Freo fans for feeling aggrieved and posting emotionally, if you look deep enough at any club you'll probably find something that you can use as a counter argument, doesn't change the facts tho.

We should defend Gaff as a person but certainly not his actions. And here in the world controlled by social media it'll follow him for the rest of his life and we'll probably be speaking up for him for the same amount of time.

Good post, I guess like everyone else on here I am just pissed at the whole situation and Gaff for that matter. I admit my post was kinda pointless and in bad taste, thanks for a really well balanced and good reply.:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Only read half a dozen pages or so. And it has all been said. Really feeling for Gaffy and of course "YOUNG" Brayshaw. My issue is with a few of the posters on here that I respect. Regarding the age of Brayshaw. All young players coming into a league side no matter in what competition are somewhat protected by the senior players. To say it is exactly the same for an 18 or 36 year old is absolute bullshit. If my 19 year old son was attacked on the field like that I would be hard pushed not to jump the fence and bash the living suitcase out of the prick. Any of you with children around that age would most likely feel the same.

Gaff just cost himself a good contract.He cost his team and most importantly he cost a young man’s self confidence and potential career ending blow.

Life is about choices and decisions you make.It looks worse for Gaff cuz he has done it at a very strange time.He is playing his best footy, He is also not young.He is mature and used to the system.So people who are defending his character need to consider all the above.His kick hit is equivalent to playing 350 games without making a mistake.On top of all that Gaff has been on the reviving end of getting hit so this makes it even worse.He will get 8 games I’m afraid.

So many calls for the police to step in. What the fk, all the hits over the years and now they want police justice? Hall, Soloman, Bugg, Hodge, Farmer, Conca have all done shocking things on a footy field that'd get you prison time (Conca elbowed someone in the back of the head ffs) but now it's time for police justice? **** off.

Also the stories about his mum crying shouldn't even be out there let alone mean anything in Gaff's tribunal decision, player's parents probably cry a lot when their son goes down from a cheap shot.

His age and how long he's been in the AFL should have no bearing either.

I wonder how Hamish Brayshaw is feeling about all of this?

I'm not defending Gaff, he should get 5 weeks or so, but adding these minor and unimportant details to sensationalize a story pisses me off.

So many calls for the police to step in. What the fk, all the hits over the years and now they want police justice? Hall, Soloman, Bugg, Hodge, Farmer, Conca have all done shocking things on a footy field that'd get you prison time (Conca elbowed someone in the back of the head ffs) but now it's time for police justice? **** off.

These calls are made everytime something like this happens.

The only way it’s ever going to happen is if a player who was hit went to the police & considering the Brayshaw family is a football family I’d be shocked if it occurred.

These type of stupid comments will disappear after Tuesday night. What it does mean though is the AFL will give him a good suspension, to make sure there isn’t a loud “wasn’t enough”, if I was you I’d prepare myself for 6 to 8, AFL will make sure he doesn’t play again this year, as they like to control the media and him returning from suspension to play in a PF or GF won’t be nice media coverage.

They end the season, little coverage around it in round 1-3 next year when he returns, especially if as suggested it isn’t even at WCE

I think this type of counter argument is kinda pointless, you can't really blame Freo fans for feeling aggrieved and posting emotionally, if you look deep enough at any club you'll probably find something that you can use as a counter argument, doesn't change the facts tho.

We should defend Gaff as a person but certainly not his actions. And here in the world controlled by social media it'll follow him for the rest of his life and we'll probably be speaking up for him for the same amount of time.
I remember when Gaff got cleaned up by Jonas how angry I was. It's fully understandable how the Freo fans have reacted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im sure you are sick of the messages from opposition supporters but i actually thought he wasnt really aiming for Brayshaw's jaw at all and accidentally flushed him clean on the jaw. Gaff is obviously a clean skin who has never done a dirty thing at all on the ground so i dont think theres any way he just decides he want to punch an 18 year old rookie (the brother of one of his teammates) in the face on the footy field.

In saying that, the consequences of the punch will likely mean a 6-8 week suspension i think.

Interesting pic attached.

Gaff will cop whatever comes his way, he appears devastated, it's completely out of character and anyone who thinks he would deliberately break the jaw of a teammates little brother doesn't know Gaff. He's never even been cited for any charge in his 175 games (not even a melee), and probably his entire junior career.

You can see Brayshaw's level changes in the photo, Brayshaw suddenly gets low and Gaff connects with a swinging arm in the wrong spot. Terrible timing and a horrible incident, but there is no way that was intentional (whether cited as intentional or not by the tribunal) imho.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180805-234004_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20180805-234004_Twitter.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 8
Sorry to jump on your board, I love the way Gaff goes about his footy and actually hope that we get him as opposed to Lynch. I didn't watch the game and was wondering if someone could shed some light as to why Gaff did what he did. in the sense that was he being heavily tagged. ?

cheers

I feel for WCE - what a waste of a season. Arguably your best player this year has a complete brain snap.

It looks bad for him. Player injured and will not play again this year; severe impact to the head; 50m off the ball.

Based on past precedence, he will get a minimum of 6 (equivalent to Bugg), but I think it is worse than that so should get 8 (equivalent to Hall)

Its a heavy price to pay to have let his club and mates down, and himself.

Only read half a dozen pages or so. And it has all been said. Really feeling for Gaffy and of course "YOUNG" Brayshaw. My issue is with a few of the posters on here that I respect. Regarding the age of Brayshaw. All young players coming into a league side no matter in what competition are somewhat protected by the senior players. To say it is exactly the same for an 18 or 36 year old is absolute bullshit. If my 19 year old son was attacked on the field like that I would be hard pushed not to jump the fence and bash the living suitcase out of the prick. Any of you with children around that age would most likely feel the same.

Any of you with children around that age would most likely feel the same.[/QUOTE]

Utter bullish*t
They stop being children around the age of 12-13
Brashaws a young man

Sorry to jump on your board, I love the way Gaff goes about his footy and actually hope that we get him as opposed to Lynch. I didn't watch the game and was wondering if someone could shed some light as to why Gaff did what he did. in the sense that was he being heavily tagged. ?

cheers

Gaffy normally handles attention pretty well but Gaff just seems to try and break a tag in sorts on the wing off the ball , its all gone bad Brayshaw badly injured and Gaff probably played his last game at WCE .

cheers
I doubt Gaff himself could tell you.

Also the stories about his mum crying shouldn't even be out there let alone mean anything in Gaff's tribunal decision, player's parents probably cry a lot when their son goes down from a cheap shot.

His age and how long he's been in the AFL should have no bearing either.

I wonder how Hamish Brayshaw is feeling about all of this?

I'm not defending Gaff, he should get 5 weeks or so, but adding these minor and unimportant details to sensationalize a story pisses me off.
Yes I agree. It's the media making a bigger, flashier "story" out of the "story" than it is for their own narcissistic reasons.

Interesting pic attached.

Gaff will cop whatever comes his way, he appears devastated, it's completely out of character and anyone who thinks he would deliberately break the jaw of a teammates little brother doesn't know Gaff. He's never even been cited for any charge in his 175 games (not even a melee), and probably his entire junior career.

You can see Brayshaw's level changes in the photo, Brayshaw suddenly gets low and Gaff connects with a swinging arm in the wrong spot. Terrible timing and a horrible incident, but there is no way that was intentional (whether cited as intentional or not by the tribunal) imho.

Makes it look worse imo. Lined him up, whack.

Can the tribunal be brought forward? This is quickly turning into a circus. Media will determine his sentence.

When the incident happened it was 3-4, by the end of the game it was 5-6.

The morning after it's worse than Barry Hall's 7 weeks.

If we wait any longer Gaff might be hanged?

Hard to see where the tribunal will go with this. They'll either go with:
5 weeks - Gaff has a good record and looked genuinely remorseful. Can't have him missing a GF if Eagles go through in straight sets.
6 weeks - Leave it to fate. If it costs him a GF then so be it.
7 weeks - He doesn't deserve any chance of a GF birth and AFL do not want that having any chance of being his return game.

Me personally. I think he's hit for 6. Seems to be the average number that social media has gone with. Tribunal goes with the flow these days and attempts to not make waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back