I am so proud of every Hawk player who played tonight ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We are so lucky to be supporters of this mighty club ... Our players are absolute warriors and I am so proud of every one of them ...

This team is special ... Awesome stuff tonight Hawkers !!!

p.s Cyril and Ellis :eek: and yes we will win the flag ... I personally cannot believe this group won't get over the line when it counts ...

I'm proud too. Cyril was amazing... dazzling skills. What a mark, beats two pussies for a massive grab. Great forward pressure, his chase downs were worth a goal each.
XELLIS was awesome too, so cool under pressure. He's a real 1 percenter type player. Nothing he does is necessarily flashy... unless you count that bork he took when he was granted a free kick which I thought was fantastic. This guy is growing each week at an exponential growth rate. Wouldn't be too surprised if he ends up as the next Hawthorn captain with the footy brain and poise that he is putting on display.

I'm wearing my Hawks scarf and jersey with pride tonight.

Not sure about winning the flag, but clearly we're the 2nd best in the comp at the moment.

We were two kicks away from winning the match against the top team. It was finals like atmosphere. Why can't we win the flag? Logically we can... I'm a firm believer that we should. :thumbsu:

As soon as the gladiators in this team knew they could win you could see that they achieved what they needed too ... What I find so inspiring about this team is that you all saw like me that they were willing to do everything and anything their bodies could do to reach that point ...

Believe in this team or miss out on everything this game is about. Even if you don't believe it, at least acknowledge those 22 do and thank them for it.

Awesome team, awesome coach and the best club there is ...

I'd have rather lost like that, than to have flogged them by 86 points on an off night. I only saw it on tele, but Thompson had no time for sandwiches last night. I have seriously not seen that look on his face for a long, long time.

He saw, what hopefully we all saw last night - the next step towards an era the likes of which we have not seen since the 80's.

Was only a handful of decision making/execution errors that were the difference.. Matched it with the Cats the whole way but in a low scoring game to hand 4-5 goals on a platter is what hurts.
Super impressed with Cyril, Ellis and Murphy last nite.. All stood up in the high pressure atmosphere. Cyril was as dangerous as ever up forward & X took a step up amongst the midfield. What pleased me the most was to see Muprh calm and solid last night, played with confidence, used it well and gave drive out of the backline.
The biggest disappointment for me was putting $20 on the win instead of the +17.5 line!

I'd have rather lost like that, than to have flogged them by 86 points on an off night. I only saw it on tele, but Thompson had no time for sandwiches last night. I have seriously not seen that look on his face for a long, long time.

He saw, what hopefully we all saw last night - the next step towards an era the likes of which we have not seen since the 80's.

no sandwiches last night but he did have enough time to do a half time interview.

your boys played well but i still fear pies more than hawks...im not sold on the cluster for big pressure matches and the kicking for goal is a real worry.

But you did take it up to us so well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why you would be happy with losing no matter how well your team plays. The fact is you were in front and should have won, i would be disapppointed as a supporter, not with the effort which could not be faulted but i dont think accepting a loss is good. I am sure the players arent satisfied with it. To win premierships near enough is not good enough.

Not sure why you would be happy with losing no matter how well your team plays. The fact is you were in front and should have won, i would be disapppointed as a supporter, not with the effort which could not be faulted but i dont think accepting a loss is good. I am sure the players arent satisfied with it. To win premierships near enough is not good enough.

Never happy to lose Hulk.

The point being made is that while we lost we showed that we are capable of beating the Cats. The endeavour shown by all the players indicated we wanted it just as much as you did.
I firmly beleive we lost that game more than Geelong won it. The number of "unforced" errors ie unusually bad kicks by players that are normally good kicks not under pressure that resulted in Geelong goals was terrible.
If we clean that up next time we meet we will go very close to knocking you off.

Great effort. This morning in the Herald I read an article about how the Demons were rebuilding, they did a side that was 22 and under. It made me think that it's funny that if you took Hawthorn's side the majority of it or at least a vital component of it is still 22 and under. It's rediculous to think that in 2 year Buddy will only be 23.

I think the hawks are Rafeal Nadal of tennis, were closing the gap on Roger Fedderer (Geelong). If not this year i am sure Hawks will be up there in 2009.

:thumbsu:

You really believe that, or just keeping a stiff upper lip?

Honestly how do I answer this question? In short I know people well it's my thing for whatever reasons. The FACT is that this team has shown again that they are willing to go to intensity levels that are mindboggling in that it is equal to whatever it takes to win.

You guys mention Ablett and Ling as outs and Milburne etc. Sure you have about 15 - 20 % improvement in your team that is peaking.

Good for you I do have huge respect for your club.

However the FACT is whether it is popular or not that we did what was necessary to prove to ourselves we could beat you tonight. The humility in this team saw us drop off but really it is irrelevant because they did what they needed to and they did that with a level of effort that I've not seen from your mob.

So why did we have to try so hard?

Because

Franklin 21
Roughead 21
Birchall 20
Lewis 21
Ellis 19
Rioli 19
Tuck 20

Then you add our core who are 25 or under.

We have no right being here but we are because we are so well coached, we have such amazing players and we are an awesome team.

I think we will beat you because if nothing else I've seen now we can get close and if we get close there is just so much of the right stuff I can't honestly see us losing.

Don't be mistaken the Cats tried hard tonight. Very hard.

Thought the Hawks took the next step in the development of the team and showed that they're not far away from the benchmark.

Been a "work in progress" since Clarko came on board and are getting set up to becoming a dominant team for the next few years (assuming we can keep the players at the club)....

Big Crowd, best opposition, intense game (full on from the first bounce until the last minute) and I reckon the Hawks did themselves and the club proud.

I'm an Essendon fan, and therefore hate Hawthorn. A lot.

Yet I found myself barracking for you guys last night because of the sheer intensity of your attack on the footy. You should be very proud of your lads. It really is a fantastic team. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Well the Hawks had their look at the enemy, and nearly got home . I'd be thinking we can get these guys. We LOST that game, Geelong certainly did not win it. Collingwood
game is very important. I think Geelong would be looking at both Magpies and Hawks with a little concern. Buddy still kicks four on a really bad night for him, he'll be right.
Next time the jitters won't be around.

Remove this Banner Ad

I am so proud of every Hawk player who played tonight ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back