I am so proud of every Hawk player who played tonight ...

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how everyone brings up our loss to Collingwood... like they can stake some claim in another clubs victory over us.. look, if you need to hold on to things like that to keep you warm at night then go for it...

But didnt you guys lose to St.kilda last week? ouch... Fiora, Clinton Jones and Blake are hard to keep down though guys.. No respect lost there....

HA!

Cmon Gillo, I think it has some merit, take your one eyed glasses off and look at it from a league perspective, would make the GF more interesting

One eyes glasses? Do you mean a monocle? :confused:
You're a perfect example of why stupid people should think twice before reproducing. :thumbsdown:

Just got back home after being in Melbourne and I am glad to see a thread like this. I agree, although we should never accept defeat, we should be proud of our players when they play with the commitment and endeavour they showed last night.

I have two observations from the game, after seeing it live and watching the second half on fox on the flight home, which made me feel optimistic leaving the game. Firstly I thought we lost that game Geelong didn't win it, in the last quarter we had ample opportunities to win and failed to capitalise where as Geelong had less but were clinical; I supose thats what makes them a great side, but that is my biased opinion. Secondly, that is the first time this year that Geelong have not looked totally in control of the game this year (except for Collingwood, which was an aberration, they played well last night) - we pushed them and worried them.

We are so lucky to be supporters of this mighty club ... Our players are absolute warriors and I am so proud of every one of them ...

This team is special ... Awesome stuff tonight Hawkers !!!

p.s Cyril and Ellis :eek: and yes we will win the flag ... I personally cannot believe this group won't get over the line when it counts ...

Well said H2F.........hecken awesome guts and determination :)

We are so lucky to be supporters of this mighty club ... Our players are absolute warriors and I am so proud of every one of them ...

This team is special ... Awesome stuff tonight Hawkers !!!

p.s Cyril and Ellis :eek: and yes we will win the flag ... I personally cannot believe this group won't get over the line when it counts ...

I also was very proud of the boys. Robber Baron told us many times we had a team of guns, and he copped plenty of flack from fellow supporters.

We need RB back on our forum to celebrate our upcoming wins.

great effort boys and we should have won it.

I also was very proud of the boys. Robber Baron told us many times we had a team of guns, and he copped plenty of flack from fellow supporters.

We need RB back on our forum to celebrate our upcoming wins.

great effort boys and we should have won it.

Yeah where is RB? He's a gun poster! :confused:

My five cents for what it's worth...

The boys learnt tonight they are capable. Geelong learnt that Hawthorn are capable. Hawthorn learnt to believe in themselves. Eliminate the rookie mistakes and look out world.

Much to like about a close defeat this close to finals when gifting them a bunch of goals and blowing a bunch of our own. Better than a close win I reckon because Geelong will be marginally less fired up when we meet them again and our boys will be even hungrier.

Rioli for the Rising Star for sure.

To the poster above who shitcanned this thread. I was well aware when I posted it that most would read it and not understand ...

Don't think there's anything there I don't understand, also I'm not shitcanning it at all, just disagreeing with parts of it.

To say that Geelong don't have the heart to beat you [ said in another thread ] or haven't produced the same level of effort as the Hawks last night is simply incorrect IMO.

Undermanned going in, further hampered by the loss of Chapman [ BOG until injured ] hardly any output from our two key forwards, Hawks with all the momentum early in the last quarter, it would have been easy for us to simply say 'what the heck, if we lose it doesn't really matter" and just write the game off; the fact that we didn't, took everything you threw at us, and it was plenty, turned that momentum around and prevailed speaks volumes for our ticker and ability to find that bit extra no matter what the situation; as good as the Hawks were in that area [ intensity ] I thought we were just that bit better in the finish.

I am almost willing to concede that the Cats are the greatest team I have seen play. I honestly believe everything I write about my team but it is no blight on your club ... What my Hawthorn heart tells me is that you guys have been so dominant that you haven't had to play at the intensity we have. The fact that I feel the two clubs have an epic finish ahead is a win for me and to be able to even challenge you naturally takes away any ceiling on my belief in the team.

Hey even if I am full of it, aint I a lucky supporter. :p

I certainly admire your passion, even if I think it does cloud your judgement somewhat.
It hasn't all been a stroll in the park for the Cats, especially early in the year when our form was very patchy, and plenty of G&D combined with our ability was what got us over the line at times.

Given the circumstances last night I believe it was your best chance to get over us, the fact you played at such a level and still fell short wouldn't fill me with confidence for the next time these two teams go head to head if I was a Hawks supporter.

it would have been easy for us to simply say 'what the heck, if we lose it doesn't really matter" and just write the game off; the fact that we didn't, took everything you threw at us, and it was plenty, turned that momentum around.

To be honest, I don't think Geelong actually turned the momentum around. I think we were the side still attacking it harder and with the momentum all through the last quarter. What Geelong did well was withstand this, so credit to them. However, the fact we didn't win was because we missed our goals and Geelong were good enough to nail a few against the run of players as a result of some glaring errors from us, as well as a free kick and 50m penalty. Geelong were fighting hard no doubt, but we were making the play. I wouldn't say the Cats ever regained momentum, they got their goals against the momentum and a little luckily, but job done so well done. That's why they are still No.1.

Given the circumstances last night I believe it was your best chance to get over us, the fact you played at such a level and still fell short wouldn't fill me with confidence for the next time these two teams go head to head if I was a Hawks supporter.

A point to note here is that we did play at a very high level, but it was a high level of intensity only. In terms of skill level and execution, it was way down on our best. It would be a big mistake for Geelong to think we can't play better than that because we don't often gift 5-6 freebies. Hawthorn can play MUCH better than what we did Friday night.

ok lads
bein an eagles supporter
i am well used to some good footy that has been around our team in the last couple years
but seein as were in "transition" this season
i said to myself
this geelong vs hawthorn game will be AWESOME
and it didnt disappoint
so i got myself a ticket to melb and headed down to the game last friday night
one of the best experiences ive ever had
just over 86,000 people was amazing
i managed to jump aboard the buddy franklin bandwagon if you dont mind :)
and i used to play juniors with campbell brown down at claremont junior football club ... and to top it all off his dad, big mal brown, was our coach
so i can safely say the mighty hawks is my 2nd fav team
if yall dont mind me sayin :)

ok lads
bein an eagles supporter
i am well used to some good footy that has been around our team in the last couple years
but seein as were in "transition" this season
i said to myself
this geelong vs hawthorn game will be AWESOME
and it didnt disappoint
so i got myself a ticket to melb and headed down to the game last friday night
one of the best experiences ive ever had
just over 86,000 people was amazing
i managed to jump aboard the buddy franklin bandwagon if you dont mind :)
and i used to play juniors with campbell brown down at claremont junior football club ... and to top it all off his dad, big mal brown, was our coach
so i can safely say the mighty hawks is my 2nd fav team
if yall dont mind me sayin :)

Please, by all means, jump aboard the hawthorn bandwagon, we love it. :D
Thanks for your kind comments, it's very nice to see other supporters compliment us rather than bag us. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep success is sweet after years in the wilderness. Just so good watching all the kids develop over the last 4- 5 years to become the team they were tonight. Great hard nut footy with ecxcitement and class to burn. U ****n ripper :thumbsu:

I am watching the replay later ... Surprised I still have my membership, had a BALL !!!

GO THE HAWKS !!!

I am watching the replay later ... Surprised I still have my membership, had a BALL !!!

GO THE HAWKS !!!

Good man. Got the replay on now. ( Love fox)

The boys look just as impressive on TV . Going to have withdawals next week when they have the rest:(

Fantastic Hawks, wowee, just imagine if the mighty hawks make the GF, Geelong Vs the 5th best team in the comp. Mouth watering stuff, remember what Geelong did to the 2nd best team last year. How many kicks did Croad get last night?
LOL...LOL...just look'n at some of your past work and found this GEM.....Oh boy, you are a cracker...LOL..:p

fantastic hawks, wowee, just imagine if the mighty hawks make the gf, geelong vs the 5th best team in the comp. Mouth watering stuff, remember what geelong did to the 2nd best team last year. How many kicks did croad get last night?

lol...lol...just look'n at some of your past work and found this gem.....oh boy, you are a cracker...lol..:p
now stay of our board or i'll keep digging you muppet...:d

Remove this Banner Ad

I am so proud of every Hawk player who played tonight ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back