I want Dion Prestia OR pick 6

I want.....

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing.

If it is true that Richmond are offering him 700K+ over 4-5 years, how can Richmond justify not giving pick 6 for him? Gold Coast will probably pull them up for that, making it tougher on Richmond to negotiate the deal that they want. Gold Coast will point out that Richmond clearly rate him to offer him that amount of money, so want them to cough up accordingly and will not budge.

If another club offered one of our players that amount of money, I am sure Richmond will do the same too. Would like Prestia and keep pick 6, but the salary offered is the point where I think Richmond kinda lost ground in their negotiations with Gold Coast. It seems now that it is either pick 6 or Prestia.
Easy. We say that nobody ever wants to play for us so we have to pay way overs to get them.

Easy. We say that nobody ever wants to play for us so we have to pay way overs to get them.
Yeah that is the case right now as we are not really a destination club, but they'll probably see that as a sign that we are desperate to land him. So, they'll stay strong in their position.

One potential win that can happen to Richmond for offering this salary could be that Prestia is also desperate to get to Richmond on those terms, so may tell the other clubs to not pick him up at the PSD.

That way, we get pick 6 if we keep our stance whether Gold Coast trades Prestia to us or he walks to the PSD :D

As long as Essendon or Carlton don't pick him up and try to make him feel cosy there, I think he could get to us through PSD.

Yeah that is the case right now as we are not really a destination club, but they'll probably see that as a sign that we are desperate to land him. So, they'll stay strong in their position.

One potential win that can happen to Richmond for offering this salary could be that Prestia is also desperate to get to Richmond on those terms, so may tell the other clubs to not pick him up at the PSD.

That way, we get pick 6 if we keep our stance whether Gold Coast trades Prestia to us or he walks to the PSD :D

As long as Essendon or Carlton don't pick him up and try to make him feel cosy there, I think he could get to us through PSD.
Essendon and Carlton lol,two of the most shadiest sporting clubs in world sport.

So much of this and some other comments re planning I really like. And not enough space to show all my thoughts.
This doesn't include what happens at training, game day, game plan etc.

Historically the more experienced sides play & win finals (no secrets there).
View attachment 300731

If we want to win a Premiership we need to look at what other Premiership sides historically look like (including teams that make top4) and constantly maintain it to constantly play finals.
But teams can't have all experience without constantly injecting youth or they have go into rebuild (window closes) or top up (expensive & because picks didn't work).

The formula goes something like this (the very short version).
Draft (including rookies) or trade for 8 young (18yo - 20yo) players each year. We should find 2 good long term players from that. And delist or trade out any suspect players to make room for this.
After 5 years teams have 5 - 10 good long term players (look at our best 5 players).
After 10 years teams have 10 x 200 gamers barring injury.
But the age / experience demographic must be maintained ruthlessly. At 25yo they are potential guns or they are out, while they are still tradeable.
Sydney's current list is the best example of what I am talking about. And I heard they do a similar thing.

Currently we have too many B grade players above 25yo (mostly due to moneyball). The A graders at any age are not an issue (and they came from the draft).
We have no where near enough good 18yo - 22yo to give ourselves a chance of finding guns or keep replenishing the age / experience demographics long term.

For me Prestia is expensive (picks and contract), potential moral destroying, short term option, which detracts from the age/experience demographic, and finding a gun that we need to find each year to constantly play finals.
I have been doing this sort of exercise regarding age and experience for many yrs now. What the profile does not tell us is the quality and depth that is required. needless to say both areas have to align. Take us as an example, we have the age and experince side of it pretty close to where it needs to be but it is useless to us because we just dont have the quality depth or structure .

It really is about the Houlis Edwards Griggs Hampsons Ellis lamberts and so forth, add another 15 or so names.

SIMPLE QUESTIOn . How can we seriously go into next yr and expect to win big games with just Rance, Astbury as the only two kpds on the list.
The real issue is it is not just one area it is all areas. List management and subsequently development is diabolical.

Yet in saying all this what have we done to rectify these things other than shuffle the deck chairs on what is with out doubt a sinking ship.

SIMPLE QUESTIOn . How can we seriously go into next yr and expect to win big games with just Rance, Astbury as the only two kpds on the list.
There there. Morris will be back soon.
giphy.gif

Handy? Absolutely.

How can we get a pick in the range that we fairly believe he is worth without being bent over in the process by offering pick 6 for him?

Will the Lions gives us any 2 of picks 16, 19, 21 for pick 6 (include pick 46?)??? Long shot but you never know... That way we can give 16 or 19 to GC to then give back to Lions for Hanley

We have Prestia, and either pick 19 or 21 as also pick 26(Vickery). Hopefully we can land one decent player with either of that pick...

Maybe even include our pick 46 with 6 so it can be used for points, as trying to nail a decent player at pick 46 is a gamble anyway...

So GC get Hanley
Lions pick 6 and 46?
Tigers any two of 16, 19 or 21

Not sure who really wins out here...Hard to try and work out, but RFC need to try something and it's a start.

Or we give Lions pick 6, 26 and 46 for picks 16 & 19

Pick 16 to GC, we keep pick 19 and get Prestia

Again, not sure who wins out here but at least there is some discussion

But TBO my preference would be to keep pick 6...

so NO deal!

On a side note, would anyone entertain (Tom Rockliff for pick 6) He is 26 and an attacking ball magnet that would compliment Martin!

If that is the case I'd keep Deledio, hopefully Yarran finds his Mojo, some of the 1st,2nd, 3rd year players step up, we don't get any serious injuries, Hardwick goes missing for a few months so we have a caretaker coach that loves to play attacking football...

Wake me up someone!! The F word nearly slipped out...

Prestia is a natural born leader and is a star player. Has played games where he has had 35 plus possession and is a powerful two way runner. Has had 42 possessions in a game of footy. I'm yet to see anyone in this draft do that at under 18 level.

On a side note, would anyone entertain (Tom Rockliff for pick 6) He is 26 and an attacking ball magnet that would compliment Martin!

If that is the case I'd keep Deledio, hopefully Yarran finds his Mojo, some of the 1st,2nd, 3rd year players step up, we don't get any serious injuries, Hardwick goes missing for a few months so we have a caretaker coach that loves to play attacking football...

Wake me up someone!! The F word nearly slipped out...
Don't worry about Rockliff. We keep pick 6. No need to get involved in trading just for the sake of it.

Don't worry about Rockliff. We keep pick 6. No need to get involved in trading just for the sake of it.

Rockliff is an impact player, would work well with Martin, as also help to release Martin up forward where he is unstoppable

He is strong and a leader. We desperately need a player with presence in our team.

Proven borderline A-grade talent guaranteed to improve our midfield from Round 1 2017.

Cursed draft pick who is no certainty to do anything with their career, especially with Richmond's history of development and drafting.

:$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prestia is a natural born leader and is a star player. Has played games where he has had 35 plus possession and is a powerful two way runner. Has had 42 possessions in a game of footy. I'm yet to see anyone in this draft do that at under 18 level.
Andrew McGrath did that the other week mate. You obviously don't follow it very well.

Watch prestia absolutely towel up rory sloane in round 9 this year who was favoured to finish top 5 in the brownlow. I just watched the replay.

Did Prestia fall out from the sky? Or was he a product from the U18? Amazing

This is what will happen we will overpay to get Pestia by using our pick 6. Great we get our midget injury prone very good footballer.

In 2/3 years time we will no doubt have a very low number 1st round draft pick, which we can use to try and steal Brodie/Taranto/Ainsworth..........insert another 2016 draft kid.

Probably have to overpay to get them as well.

But at least they won't be Richmond developed. Smart thinking Tigers

Did Prestia fall out from the sky? Or was he a product from the U18? Amazing
He was good U18 but height was the issue so went around the 10 mark, in a time when Pendles/Lenny Hayes were the flavour of the month being taller mids.

Height isn't as important these days, but still pic 6 for a injury suspect mid 20s guy is hilarious to even suggest. Nothing against Prestia but unfortunately it's a business.

You could say the same thing about going into next year with only Jack Riewoldt, an injury-prone Griffiths and rookie Mabior Chol.

Worrying!

He was good U18 but height was the issue so went around the 10 mark, in a time when Pendles/Lenny Hayes were the flavour of the month being taller mids.

Height isn't as important these days, but still pic 6 for a injury suspect mid 20s guy is hilarious to even suggest. Nothing against Prestia but unfortunately it's a business.

He isn't injury prone. He hurt his knee in 2015.

People keep banging on about 22 games in a possible 44. This shit happens in the AFL. Using a 2 year window to call a guy injury prone is ridiculous.

Why are Hawks going to give up pick 10 for JOM when he's played even less footy and is more likely to struggle with injuries in the future?

I would take prestia based on our track record for player development

That's the thing though, Pick 6 in this draft would require minimal development. It would be a Golden Nugget of a player.

Anything outside this would. So we're ****ing stupid to get rid of it.

Prestia is a midget with crook knees. Pick 6? What a ****ing abysmal decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

I want Dion Prestia OR pick 6

Back