If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

end of day who gives a fook .home games wooy fooy. The best team still wins the granny
Cats fans have been pretty humble in defeat,even Gerard Whateley sung our praises and his call of Martin’s last goal will go down in folklore.

They beat Gold Coast and Brisbane, and lost to Brisbane. They lost to GWS in Sydney, then went 1-1 v Port and beat Adelaide...

That's 4-3.

Every other match was a neutral venue or a game v Victorians in Victoria. Qld became their home state, and by the time WC and Freo arrived, they were well entrenched as Qlders, unlike those two sides who were genuinely flying in for an away game. No different to a cricket team basing themselves across the world somewhere, getting acclimatised and then taking out the world cup, as happened the first 9 times in the 12 tournaments so far...which could have been 10 if Stokes didn't accidentally stick his bat in the way while sliding...

Nothing special in this category. Good team won the flag, but no GOATs can be claimed here...

Richmond fans are those same people who talk about the final episode of a tv show for months, it's just entertainment. There's no value in winning a game of football beyond the enjoyment in the moment.
Not going to get into a "How good are Richmond" argument, because it's pointless and meaningless but .................. Do you really believe that quote of yours?

You mean you never get out an old dvd, or click on youtube, and watch a great performance from your team from yesteryear, whilst getting enjoyment from it?

Yes, the victories are great in the moment, but so is the re-living them weeks, months or years later.

Not going to get into a "How good are Richmond" argument, because it's pointless and meaningless but .................. Do you really believe that quote of yours?

You mean you never get out an old dvd, or click on youtube, and watch a great performance from your team from yesteryear, whilst getting enjoyment from it?

Yes, the victories are great in the moment, but so is the re-living them weeks, months or years later.
Nah not at all, find them boring. I have no self worth invested in the team I support, I enjoy watching them in the moment and I've always really enjoyed the list management side of things in sport. Two things I don't get: people who gain confidence because the sporting team they support do well, and people who worship sports players.

yeah...imagine not getting that travelling is the act of you know...actually travelling...spending an hour or two at the airport before getting on a plane for 4-6 hours, then spending a couple of hours getting out of an airport and into a hotel. playing a gruelling game of football and then having to spend another day getting home.

Yeah, congrats Richmond, you won the flag, you were the best team this year and while hub-life or whatever other lame-as-fu** name you want to give it would have sucked, living in a hotel for 4 months straight is not the same as actually TRAVELLING

Which team is flying for 6 hours?

I don't think you quite understand the word advantage...

Imagine you and 17 of your classmates are sitting an exam. I give everyone else a 10% advantage. Is it possible that you still can out perform them all? Of course it is. Now you were top of the class well done (credit where credit is due), but do you think it was fair that the other 17 were given an advantage? Of course you wouldn't.

Just because you won the flag doesn't eradicate the fact that 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals was an advantage. One that you obviously didn't get this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back