If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask the question in reverse would you prefer to have the period mentioned earlier in the first half of the year? or just before finals? or do you see it as being completely neutral?
This is the crucial point. Would Richmond want that draw again? The answer or me is a definite no. It’s easy in hindsight to make out like the flag was inevitable, but at the start of 2019 a lot of tigers fans were shutting themselves about that draw, for exactly the reason I mentioned - the pressure of winning on the road early in the season just to stay in touch with the top 8, and if you lose a couple, the pressure of having to win 7 straight at the back end. I wouldn’t want a block at the G at the start of the season either - much prefer to have home and away games more evenly dispersed throughout the season. Our draw in 2019 was high risk high reward. It becomes an advantage if and only if you win early in the road, and is a disadvantage if you don’t.

Im sure they would rather be staying at home mate.

"ah i'm sure they would've preferred to be at home over a six star resort doing coke off their teammates wives asses" ahhh yes i too would turn down eyes wide shut psychedelic sex romps for a quiet night in watching the block

"ah i'm sure they would've preferred to be at home over a six star resort doing coke off their teammates wives asses" ahhh yes i too would turn down eyes wide shut psychedelic sex romps for a quiet night in watching the block
Don't forget the midget throwing.

If West Coast had jagged the flag in 1990 it would have been the best travelling performance bar none

Round 21 - played Bris in Qld at Carrara

Round 22 played Geel at Kardinia Park

Finished 3rd in a final five

1st week of finals - drew with Coll at Waverley

2nd week of finals - replay of Coll game at Waverly which they lost

3rd week of finals defeated Melb at Waverley

4th week of finals - lost to Ess in PF at Waverley

I know Eagles supporters these days whinge a bit - but back then they had a right to whinge .

A year later I think they won 10 matches outside of WA as well.

lolol nice try mate, we all knew the original argument was tiges cant win flag away from g

we won the flag away from g yet there is still cry babies peddling excuses.

mate the flag will always mostly be at the g, this year due to covid was a great chance to see if we could win away from the g like you desperate oppo fans wanted, and we did that lol. even though we didnt have to we passed all your desperate attempts to downplay our flag, win with injuries? done, win a final interstate ? done win a flag away from home ? done

what do you guys want lol for every team to play at their home against us in the season for our flag to count? LOLOL , even if that happened we would still win, we are a great travelling side anyway as we are a close group

so your argument of can we win away from home is invalid now as we did that the FIRST chance we got hahahah

its over oppo fans, we are the best and you just gotta live with it. other teams did it is irrelevant as we won the flag so obviously we handled it better.

What are you even arguing with? Is anyone actually bothering to say "it doesn't count."

F*** me the world will literally recover from any trace of covid before Tigers fans run out of things to fake-argue.

Fact: If more than half the competition is playing all their games out of their home state then there is a strong chance that the winning team in the competition would play all their games out of their home state.

We've been told for the best part of a decade that the only reason we even make finals is because - wait for it - our ground cheats on our behalf. We made a grand final going 11-5 away from there. It wouldn't have miraculously made a flag win last Saturday week the footballing equivalent of the 300 Spartans beating the Persian army.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you even arguing with? Is anyone actually bothering to say "it doesn't count."

F*** me the world will literally recover from any trace of covid before Tigers fans run out of things to fake-argue.

Fact: If more than half the competition is playing all their games out of their home state then there is a strong chance that the winning team in the competition would play all their games out of their home state.

We've been told for the best part of a decade that the only reason we even make finals is because - wait for it - our ground cheats on our behalf. We made a grand final going 11-5 away from there. It wouldn't have miraculously made a flag win last Saturday week the footballing equivalent of the 300 Spartans beating the Persian army.
i just said it mate, the original argument last year was we cannot win away from the g , something stupid like that, but we did it. peoples hypothetical situation of can richmond win a flag away from the g actually happened and now ppl are melting like butter in the sun. it does not matter that other teams did the same thing because we won it, so thus we are better than them AND you lot will go on about we cant win away from the g if we had lost. so again nice try, we are better than all of you, its hard for you to take since we used to be the laughing stock, but yes now all you clubs are the laughing stock and playing catch up lolol, byeee

i just said it mate, the original argument last year was we cannot win away from the g , something stupid like that, but we did it. peoples hypothetical situation of can richmond win a flag away from the g actually happened and now ppl are melting like butter in the sun. it does not matter that other teams did the same thing because we won it, so thus we are better than them AND you lot will go on about we cant win away from the g if we had lost. so again nice try, we are better than all of you, its hard for you to take since we used to be the laughing stock, but yes now all you clubs are the laughing stock and playing catch up lolol, byeee

I don't think anyone thought that. They think having all those games at the MCG helps - and it does, you'd be hard pressed to mount an argument that it doesn't - but it's not the reason you won the competition.

The mere fact that you think 17 clubs are a laughing stock because they didn't win is laughable in itself. You are why the world can't have nice things.

I don't think anyone thought that. They think having all those games at the MCG helps - and it does, you'd be hard pressed to mount an argument that it doesn't - but it's not the reason you won the competition.

The mere fact that you think 17 clubs are a laughing stock because they didn't win is laughable in itself. You are why the world can't have nice things.
ooooooHHHHHHH alll those games at the mcg, hmmmm yes , thats what im saying mate, winning away from the g, no ALLLLL those games at the mcg,

and look what we had this year, NO allllll those games at the mcg LOL, and we still won

the point is , at the g, at the gabba, at your mates front yard, we will still win, because we are the best.

"but it's not the reason you won the competition." then why even sook about games at the mcg, every year we will always get the same amount of games there or similar amount as we have always done since the afl started. the point is , dont sook about these dumb things, we will win anywhere , and we have proven that

ooooooHHHHHHH alll those games at the mcg, hmmmm yes , thats what im saying mate, winning away from the g, no ALLLLL those games at the mcg,

and look what we had this year, NO allllll those games at the mcg LOL, and we still won

the point is , at the g, at the gabba, at your mates front yard, we will still win, because we are the best.

"but it's not the reason you won the competition." then why even sook about games at the mcg, every year we will always get the same amount of games there or similar amount as we have always done since the afl started. the point is , dont sook about these dumb things, we will win anywhere , and we have proven that

I don't sook about you getting all those games at the MCG. Again, who the f*** are you arguing with? Anyone with half a brain knows that a decent football side will win wherever they play.

What do you want mate, the people of Big Footy to send you cards in the mail?

you didn't travel, you played in a hub like every other team

comparing it to a side who travels to the other side of the country every 2nd week and plays at the oppositions home ground is LAUGHABLE

well done on winning the flag when you were in the same boat as every other team (bar a couple)...makes a change from the massive advantage you usually have

you didn't travel, you played in a hub like every other team

comparing it to a side who travels to the other side of the country every 2nd week and plays at the oppositions home ground is LAUGHABLE

well done on winning the flag when you were in the same boat as every other team (bar a couple)...makes a change from the massive advantage you usually have
but your team gets the dockers twice a year. So that's 2 automatic wins at the start of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back