Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as it pains my soul to say it, Ochre is right

Regardless of whether Rioli blocked Maynard or Maynard blocked Rioli or Sheed played on, that kind of free doesn’t get called that late in a GF inside a 50 anyway so who cares.
Nothing gets called that's not ridiculous... you can rip the afl logo off a blokes jumper and it's play on.

and HTB against Howe in the goalsquare a minute later (after a very clear high free to Sheed not paid).

They put the whistle away - and the 'non-call' of the block was not even close to the most obvious one not paid.

Gerard Healy ran through all the decisions that went against WC on Fox Footy after the GF when Garry Lyon was (predictably) sooking it up. Muffled silence in response.

The biggest laugh I get from this is that Maynard actually blocked rioli. Took eyes off the ball to turn and push rioli front on and stop him from getting to the drop. Sheed was then able to float across and intercept.

Why does nobody ask who was supposed to cover Sheed? It's not like he's super quick.

Maynard then squandered their last chance by launching a torp to the top of the 50m after the rushed behind from Darling's drop. Shuey saw that coming from 10 minutes away.
100% correct, I've watched it a shite load of times and Maynard isn't watching Rioli (he's watching the ball) and he goes to make contact with Rioli fist whilst still watching the ball and his hands go straight into Rioli's head, Rioli then engages back as Maynard is shoving him and then Maynard realises too late that Sheed is there and he can't get to the ball. Then proceeds to sook for a free kick, because he knows he fluffed it.

If you were nitpicking, it was a high free kick to Rioli first as much as it was a block from Rioli. Because Maynard engaged first, it simply cannot be a block! Fact.

Rioli has Howe stone cold holding the ball in the goal square after Darling dropped the mark, now that was a bad decision on the day and the only real one I thought that was clear that wasn't paid.

100% correct, I've watched it a sh*te load of times and Maynard isn't watching Rioli (he's watching the ball) and he goes to make contact with Rioli fist whilst still watching the ball and his hands go straight into Rioli's head, Rioli then engages back as Maynard is shoving him and then Maynard realises too late that Sheed is there and he can't get to the ball. Then proceeds to sook for a free kick, because he knows he fluffed it.

If you were nitpicking, it was a high free kick to Rioli first as much as it was a block from Rioli. Because Maynard engaged first, it simply cannot be a block! Fact.

Rioli has Howe stone cold holding the ball in the goal square after Darling dropped the mark, now that was a bad decision on the day and the only real one I thought that was clear that wasn't paid.

Even before holding the ball in goal square Sheed gets one high which is paid everyday of the week.

The way Shep is underrated here pisses the sh*t out of me. While I love lewis Jetta, he probably had maybe 2-4 years of good footy and a lot of medicore seasons. Shep since 2015 has been at AA level every season bar this year due to injury.
View attachment 1283734

How are Gawn, Cunnington and Gunston ahead of Duncan. Talia can't even get a game now, nor Jetta... terrible list all ends up.

Even before holding the ball in goal square Sheed gets one high which is paid everyday of the week.
The centre bounce preceding that is one of my favourite moments of the game. Sheed has just put us in front, but if Collingwood get a quick reply, we're done. Rioli gets first touch and sheed lays a beautiful shepherd to allow a clean Eagles possesion and clearance. Then manages to get free again and end up in space (where his head is ripped off).

The centre bounce preceding that is one of my favourite moments of the game. Sheed has just put us in front, but if Collingwood get a quick reply, we're done. Rioli gets first touch and sheed lays a beautiful shepherd to allow a clean Eagles possesion and clearance. Then manages to get free again and end up in space (where his head is ripped off).

Its that kind of team centre work that we have lacked for years and its annoying. Its not overly hard to do what they did...

Apparently WC and Dom Sheed are responsible for Buck's axing.
Love it.

Herald Sun.

THE SLIDING DOORS MOMENT
The 2018 grand final was the sliding doors moment that dramatically changed the course of Australia’s most famous sporting club.

Collingwood led until the last two minutes, when West Coast pushed up the field and the ball landed in the hands of Dom Sheed deep in the pocket.

Magpies defender Brayden Maynard had been illegally blocked out of the marking contest by Eagle Willie Rioli, but the umpire ignored his pleas for a free kick.

Collingwood legend Peter McKenna, who is no stranger to grand final heartbreak, was watching from the Olympic Stands as Sheed kicked truly to add to the Magpies’ long history of misfortune on the game’s biggest day.

The impact of the kick is not at all lost on him.

“Nathan Buckley was a kick away from being a premiership coach, and had we won that he’d still be coaching,” McKenna said.

“That’s the amazing thing about it. You’re beaten by a kick and that great mark taken by Jeremy McGovern, then marked in the centre and then in the forward pocket with an amazing kick from the boundary line (by Sheed).

“It didn’t veer of course, and even though he’s a left footer if you had 10 shots from there you’d kick one.

“He’s very unlucky to not still be coaching the club.”

When Sheed kicked truly, Magpies legend and 1990 premiership captain Tony Shaw was standing at the MCG race in preparation for the post-game podium presentations.

He’d been appointed the man to present Buckley, who was a young teammate in Shaw’s final season as captain in 1994, and skipper Scott Pendlebury with the premiership cup had the Magpies prevailed.

Up until the last 90 seconds, it appeared Shaw would get the opportunity.

“No doubt whatsoever that Nathan Buckley would still be there (had Collingwood won),” Shaw said.

Man, I was feeling low on salt, that fixed me right up!

Sheed was a beast in the last 5 min or so, and carried that form into the first half of 2019.

Then the whole team fell in the toilet.

Sheed and TK essentially both suit that balanced role with a bit of forward time. I think we can afford to let them do that with Shuey/Yeo and Clarke being the men three winning it tight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit concerned that we won’t be a serious contender if we can’t get Marcus Bontempelli settled.

Jordan Clark already our best player

Haha came to post our late breaking recruitment of Jordan Clark….knew that one would grab attention.

For gods sake!

Expert opinions aye..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back