News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

i don't think will is much of a deep thinker and tends to just spew out hot takes as they come to him. also joins a long line of ex-players who seem to have nfi about list management and trade values. don't know why people get so worked up he puts out some okay products. helps having skeeter there as a more reasoned voice though. i have no doubt that when we're back up and about he'll be our number 1 fan.

i don't think will is much of a deep thinker and tends to just spew out hot takes as they come to him. also joins a long line of ex-players who seem to have nfi about list management and trade values. don't know why people get so worked up he puts out some okay products. helps having skeeter there as a more reasoned voice though. i have no doubt that when we're back up and about he'll be our number 1 fan.

Yeah when him and skeeta debate something it reminds me of a 12 year old that thinks he knows everything arguing with his old man😂

Skeeter must have alot of splinters on his arse cos he sits on the fence so much.

Some nice stuff about improving and that this year wasn’t viewed as a success in anyway but there’s not a lot of specifics

“We’ve got pick No.3 this year and then No.23 as it currently stands. How do we position ourselves to bring in that talent but also, we do have a gap on our list in the 22- to 27-year-olds. If opportunities come up that we can add to it, then we look to do that as well without giving away our draft capital.

This statement is reassuring.

“We’ve got pick No.3 this year and then No.23 as it currently stands. How do we position ourselves to bring in that talent but also, we do have a gap on our list in the 22- to 27-year-olds. If opportunities come up that we can add to it, then we look to do that as well without giving away our draft capital.

This statement is reassuring.

So what he is saying, trade away all barrass picks for some players.

"Several"
Could be 2-3 but several sounds better and more reassuring.

Couple = 2
Few = 3
Bunch = 4
Handful = 5
Several = 7
Burgiellion = 9+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple = 2
Few = 3
Bunch = 4
Handful = 5
Several = 7
Burgiellion = 9+
I'd agree with a bunch of your list (couple, few, bunch and handful) but I have to disagree on several being seven. Even 'few' can be a bit variable, just not as variable as 'several'. And I use few as three.
A few is generally considered to mean between two and several. Some people use a few to mean around three, but this is not a universal interpretation.

Several is one of those more flexible amounts.

From Collins...
Several is used to refer to an imprecise number of people or things that is not large but is greater than two.

From Dictionary.com
being more than two but fewer than many in number or kind:

I'd agree with a bunch of your list (couple, few, bunch and handful) but I have to disagree on several being seven. Even 'few' can be a bit variable, just not as variable as 'several'. And I use few as three.
A few is generally considered to mean between two and several. Some people use a few to mean around three, but this is not a universal interpretation.

Several is one of those more flexible amounts.

From Collins...
Several is used to refer to an imprecise number of people or things that is not large but is greater than two.

From Dictionary.com
being more than two but fewer than many in number or kind:

I can't believe it's not in the Boardisms thread - but some dude on here thought several = 7. So in my usual form of flogging the same jokes to death (but not to Dark Sharks levels) I chucked it in there.

I can't believe it's not in the Boardisms thread - but some dude on here thought several = 7. So in my usual form of flogging the same jokes to death (but not to Dark Sharks levels) I chucked it in there.
Have you got a day off?

Everywhere I go seems to be filled with multiple Bender posts. Even random threads I've never been to before.

Have you got a day off?

Everywhere I go seems to be filled with multiple Bender posts. Even random threads I've never been to before.

No, this is my job. After they fired pantskyle I had to take over as senior board spammer.

Well Whately just admitted he watched all the eagles aflw game on the weekend….
Obviously helps he has a crush on daisy Pearce but anyway

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back