I'm Ashamed of my Club

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, we are weak.

A change of mentality and on field leadership is needed asap for this issue.

Coach wise, I honestly find it pathetic that people are blaming this loss on craigy.

Unfortunately rightly or wrongly that is all about being the head coach of a footy club.

On the issue of on-field leadership i believe Goody is doing a good job under trying circumstances this year but i feel next year we will see someone else in the hot seat.

WTF are you on about

Im all for the players flying the flag when there is an act that is deemed to be outside the rules of the game however the tackle on Danger was a hard tackle by three opposition players hungry for the ball.

What is there to remostrate? The umpire did not even reward a free kick

grow up

Grow up?

I'm so immature to think I would have seen some kind of physical reaction from our team? I must be crazy for thinking we'd fly the flag when our most talented youngster (who had been ridden like a cheap pony all day with very little support) finally cops it one too many times and gets smashed in an incident that could so easily have left the kid paralysed.

You're just a puppet

Not ashamed ...never ashamed...disappointed once again that missed set shots caused NO SCOREBOARD pressure AT ALL...but ...the last quarter was a real test...the result will and should sit in their guts, but the last quarter should not be what eats at them.

Grow up?

I'm so immature to think I would have seen some kind of physical reaction from our team? I must be crazy for thinking we'd fly the flag when our most talented youngster (who had been ridden like a cheap pony all day with very little support) finally cops it one too many times and gets smashed in an incident that could so easily have left the kid paralysed.

You're just a puppet

I'm beginning to think this is a systemic consequence of the Demetriou regime's war on physicality, 'violence' and bad behaviour rather than any cultural weakness in individual clubs.

Seconds before the quarter time break of the PAFC vs NMFC match Ben Warren crunched into Dean Brogan in a good old-fashioned hardnosed 50/50 contest with Broges coming off second best. Good, competitive, fair, desperate footy.

However nanoseconds later I hit DEFCON 5 as the siren went and every Roos player ran over to Warren, pumping him up and backslapping him while our man lay prostrate holding his shoulder. Our players' only reaction was to stand around nonplussed with an 'o rite o_O' look on their face while Dom checked on Dean and the trainers arrived.

No physicality, remonstrating or even verbals with the visibly buoyed and jubilant Kangaroos whatsoever.

I mean heaven forbid a dreaded melee starts or a free kick is given away at the expense of the team's collective cajones and resolve not to be trodden on or intimidated by another team in our house! :confused:

I'm beginning to think this is a systemic consequence of the Demetriou regime's war on physicality, 'violence' and bad behaviour rather than any cultural weakness in individual clubs.

Seconds before the quarter time break of the PAFC vs NMFC match Ben Warren crunched into Dean Brogan in a good old-fashioned hardnosed 50/50 contest with Broges coming off second best. Good, competitive, fair, desperate footy.

However nanoseconds later I hit DEFCON 5 as the siren went and every Roos player ran over to Warren, pumping him up and backslapping him while our man lay prostrate holding his shoulder. Our players' only reaction was to stand around nonplussed with an 'o rite o_O' look on their face while Dom checked on Dean and the trainers arrived.

No physicality, remonstrating or even verbals with the visibly buoyed and jubilant Kangaroos whatsoever.

I mean heaven forbid a dreaded melee starts or a free kick is given away at the expense of the team's collective cajones and resolve not to be trodden on or intimidated by another team in our house! :confused:

Normally i think you're a ******** but in this instance, i could not agree more about Demetriou. Also, i think there's a cultural issue at the AFC where there's a bit too much discipline... robots, instead of soldiers.

Round 5 could be handbags and pillow fights at 10 paces

Certainly couldn't argue against any of that.

Shits me to tears but. Nobody ever wants to see an injury or potential injury in the mould of Paddy's today but if it does happen surely you want your team taking some kind of advantage from it in terms of a push in motivation or physical aggression.

Judging by some of the comments in this thread there's a mass sanitisation and an acceptance in some quarters of physicality with no retribution.

Three losses and we get these negative threads. Think of the supporters of other clubs that have kept following their sides year in year out while the players got belted spitless on the field. Think of St Kilda for all those barren years, Footscray, North Melbourne, Hawthorn. What about South supporters in the local league?
Do you stop wearing the colours because your side has lost three on the trot? Do you stop going to the footy to support the team? Do you bugger off to support Sydney or Brisbane after three defeats at the start of a season.
Some of you bang on about aggression...show a bit of guts and get behind your team...that is, if you are true supporters.
How many of you will be around if the mighty Adelaide Crows do bottom out and win a couple of spoons in a row?

I'll be there... love em' whether they win or lose. :) Been at their lowest ebb (93 prelim) their two highest achievements(97/98 GF's) and I know, that at some stage, we'll be at the bottom and I'll be there every step of the way. When you experience the heartaches, it makes the achievements that much sweeter. :thumbsu:

Certainly couldn't argue against any of that.

Shits me to tears but. Nobody ever wants to see an injury or potential injury in the mould of Paddy's today but if it does happen surely you want your team taking some kind of advantage from it in terms of a push in motivation or physical aggression.

Judging by some of the comments in this thread there's a mass sanitisation and an acceptance in some quarters of physicality with no retribution.

But what purpose does it serve? Seriously? It takes the focus from the footy and players start playing the man and not the ball. In the end it may make some supporters feel all macho and he-man like but achieves very little in terms of the game. Surely we've grown beyond these neanderthal chest beating moments?

I'll be there... love em' whether they win or lose. :) Been at their lowest ebb (94 prelim) their two highest achievements(97/98 GF's) and I know, that at some stage, we'll be at the bottom and I'll be there every step of the way. When you experience the heartaches, it makes the achievements that much sweeter. :thumbsu:

Err, 93 prelim?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But what purpose does it serve? Seriously? It takes the focus from the footy and players start playing the man and not the ball. In the end it may make some supporters feel all macho and he-man like but achieves very little in terms of the game. Surely we've grown beyond these neanderthal chest beating moments?

People that don't have a feel for the game of Aussie rules (or South Adelaide supporters ) always ask this question.

I try to forget that prelim too..

It sits in the right side of my stomach to offset the weight of the buddy final in 07, the pies one last year among other classics..

*sigh* but the point is - you have to take the good with the bad. Are you a fairweather supporter, where you only proudly wear your colours when the team is performing well, but hide them away when the going gets tough? Or are you a true supporter that proudly owns up to being a Crows supporter despite the bad times.

There are people in here talking about following another team, or stopping supporting the Crows if they continue this way. Well... I say "see ya, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out".

Well for starters Danger had been tackled like that multiple times throughout the game so if we'd had a couple of guys stand up and rough house the tacklers or lay a bump to hurt then you at least put the thought into their mind that every time they try and tackle Danger like that they're going to face some form of physical retribution.

Secondly, Danger going down was horrible so we needed to use that as a physical motivator to at least smash into every contest as hard as possible as a bare minimum and even make some of their talented youngsters hurt (obviously not to the extent of Danger) but make them fear us.

Our reaction both physically and mentally gave them a green light to rough house us with little fear of repercussion or retribution. Furthermore, when Danger does come back and play (barring AFL intervention) I can guarantee you how other teams will be approaching tackling him. Gang tackles all the way. Why? Because we won't put up any resistance or protection for him every time they do.

People that don't have a feel for the game of Aussie rules always ask this sort of question.

So you are saying that I don't have a "feel for the game"??? That's BS and a cop out. I just don't fall for all the macho chest beating BS that you testosterone filled machines scream for. I want to watch a game of footy, not a bunch of thugs belting the crap out of each other because "he didn't play nice". If I wanted that, I'd follow rugby league.

*sigh* but the point is - you have to take the good with the bad. Are you a fairweather supporter, where you only proudly wear your colours when the team is performing well, but hide them away when the going gets tough? Or are you a true supporter that proudly owns up to being a Crows supporter despite the bad times.

There are people in here talking about following another team, or stopping supporting the Crows if they continue this way. Well... I say "see ya, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out".

You should be red carded for sprouting this sort of crap after such a heart breaking day. Its an insult to us in the Crows supporterbase who demand that our club gets better.

I didnt debate the point, just a comment on that final. Ive taken all the good with bad myself, would never abandon ship cos of the bad. But it still doesnt mean we shut up and accept the bad like at present.

To me if we enjoy the good and pat them on the back, we also question the bad. If not, i think it shows a lack of passion.

Abandonment though, no way

People that don't have a feel for the game of Aussie rules (or South Adelaide supporters ) always ask this question.

Without sounding like an elitist w***er here I agree with this. Half the people spouting that we don't need to react give the impression they haven't played/haven't got a feel for the game.

If someone did that to a teammate of mine I can guarantee - accident or not there'd be 10 blokes trying to belt him. That's certainly not the reaction I wanted from the Crows at AFL level but it sure helps build solidarity and a sense of unity when you know someone has your back.

I'm gonna have to go right ahead and disagree with everyone there. Yes, it's good to see Maric step in and have something to say... but we are talking about professional athletes / footballers here... If you want to stick up for your team mates do it by running a little hard into space or at the ball. After todays game... I can in no way question the endeavour of the team... they ran themselves into the ground against all the odds.

If any of you girls feel ashamed of your club at this point in time.. go find another one. You for sure wont be missed. Suck it up.

Well said, I am very proud of my club and players they tried their guts out and ran themselves into the ground until they couldnt run anymore.Good on you Ivan and well played probably one of your best games for our club.

You should be red carded for sprouting this sort of crap after such a heart breaking day. Its an insult to us in the Crows supporterbase who demand that our club gets better.

Got no problems with people discussing the issues facing our club and players in a rational and logical manner. But the knee jerk reactions in this thread are absolutely infantile.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm Ashamed of my Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back