In and Outs vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Johnno looked quite good last night. Just because he isn't in the forward line doesn't mean he isn't doing anything.
I disagree. He looked really slow and a few times on the lead to slowed right down and was spoiled really easily. If he wants to play then play him and therefore no change for me otherwise play ward. This is a big game. It would be awesome to go into the break underfeated.

Umm, how about no to resting people!

This is a must win game against Sydney. I don't care if we don't even show up in Perth to play Fremantle if we win this game, a win here will do a long way.

I wouldn't be to upset if we rested Hill, lets not forget it is his first season of AFL (2nd on the list) we have Harbrow and Ward with Ray that could all come in, though some are saying Ray is under done.

When are our new young kids we picked up this year going to play a game.
Are they injured or what?
Callan Ward?
Jarrod Boumann
Easton Wood
Jarrad Grant
Sam Ried
Are they playing in the VFL? Or injured?

When are our new young kids we picked up this year going to play a game.
Are they injured or what?
Callan Ward?
Jarrod Boumann
Easton Wood
Jarrad Grant
Sam Ried
Are they playing in the VFL? Or injured?

Not sue about Reid....think he might be injured. Ward and Grant played with Willi seniors whilst Wood and Boumann played in Willi reserves.

Ward and O'Keefe appear to be the most ready for promotion to the bulldogs but why upset a winning formula at the moment? Only two players under any sort of pressure in the dogs team...Shaggy and Eagleton. Would like to see Johnno rested and Ward given a chance.

I disagree. He looked really slow and a few times on the lead to slowed right down and was spoiled really easily. If he wants to play then play him and therefore no change for me otherwise play ward. This is a big game. It would be awesome to go into the break underfeated.

He looked like he had improved double on the Richmond game, and if it is an arthritis issue playing and getting joint movement is a better treatment than rest.

Not sue about Reid....think he might be injured. Ward and Grant played with Willi seniors whilst Wood and Boumann played in Willi reserves.

Ward and O'Keefe appear to be the most ready for promotion to the bulldogs but why upset a winning formula at the moment? Only two players under any sort of pressure in the dogs team...Shaggy and Eagleton. Would like to see Johnno rested and Ward given a chance.

I agree Johnno should be rested but Hargy has been good the last 2 weeks and Eagle good at least v Eagles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Farren Ray get best on ground on the weekend? What more does he have to do? He's in my 22 ahead of Eagleton. BUT if they decide to give Ray another week at Willy and leave Eagle in the team then I understand that as well. Very tough being a selector at the moment that's for sure.

That was written up in the paper; I saw the game & although he did kick 4 goals (was on the end of some), he is nowhere near fit enough yet

Not sure why we keep playing Johnno. His body is hampering him. His renowned workrate isn't there. He can't burst into a lead. He isn't jumping for marks. He isn't running and bouncing. He isn't chasing and tackling. He isn't ferocious at the contest with second, third and fourth efforts. He doesn't run and shepherd. He does look like he is trying, but all he can do is use his smarts and experience to make position best he can.

In a year where the interchange is a weapon and players are being physically spent in a game, can we afford to carry a player who's smarts and experience will pinch him a goal or two but physically he offers not much else (intangible stuff such as leadership notwithstanding). It's almost like watching Neitz go around.

OUT:EAGLETON GIA
IN: WARD O"KEEFE
Watched Willy today both can play and hard at it we will need that against the Swans.

You sir are a f---king idiot. Gia has been in fantastic form this year. He has had over 20 possessions in 5 of the 6 games and has kicked 9 goals. How about actually watching the games before making stupid comments on players.

Gia Stats this year;

Round 1: 24 posessions 12 marks 3 goals
Round 2: 20 posessions 5 marks 1 goals
Round 3: 25 posessions 8 marks 0 goals
Round 4: 13 posessions 6 marks 2 goals
Round 5: 22 posessions 3 marks 1 goals
Round 6: 20 posessions 5 marks 2 goals

You sir are a f---king idiot. Gia has been in fantastic form this year. He has had over 20 possessions in 5 of the 6 games and has kicked 9 goals. How about actually watching the games before making stupid comments on players.

Gia Stats this year;

Gia does have impressive stats looking at those above, but i can see the point that he may not be greatly suited to the style of game that could be played against Sydney.
Would like to see Ward & Okeefe get a taste for it at some stage this season, not sure if it's right now though, the team is travelling pretty well.
Definitely wouldn't drop Gia this week, based on his form to date.
I would think that Eagle would be the player most under threat at the moment.

Gia Stats this year;

Joel Bowden Board

(Gia did have a good start to the season and I hope it continues but for the absolute life of me I can't find him when we the going gets tough)

To suggest gia out of the side is crazy, would be no change I'd say, unless johnno's not 90%. Johnno will probably play knowing he's got a break coming up (wouldn't think he'd be in any condition to play for the vics).

No Change this week.

If Josh Hill has another quiet one and Ray, OKeefe or Ward play well next week, I would consider giving Josh a game or two at Willi.

He may not be running as hard as we was earlier in games. I hope he does fire up this week though. I loved his work in the earlier games.

No Change this week.

If Josh Hill has another quiet one and Ray, OKeefe or Ward play well next week, I would consider giving Josh a game or two at Willi.

He may not be running as hard as we was earlier in games. I hope he does fire up this week though. I loved his work in the earlier games.

Agree totally with all that. No change but Hill needs to work harder. Ray would be a good replacement if needed.

Sydney are expecting Everitt & Playfair to play. (will Playfair come in for Davis?)

Remove this Banner Ad

In and Outs vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back