Injury Injuries 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth considering perhaps our best (core) 22 players and how many have missed significant chunks through injury or suspension (and who are out now).

IMO our Top 22 (not necessarily in order):

Games missed in brackets. Bolded players doubtful or not playing this weekend.

Bont (0)
Jake (1)
Wood (5)
JJ (9)
Murph (15)
Dahl (5)
Libba (1.5)
Boyd (M) (2)
Hunter (0)
Macrae (0)
Crameri (18)
Morris (1)
Suckling (5)
Wallis (1)
Rough (0)
Daniel (2)
Picken (0)
Smith (13)
Biggs (0)
Adams (7)
Koby (7)
Tory (4)

9/22 could be out this week ...

Note: Toyd will be T22 if he plays like Fri PM for the rest of the year!
You might have to adust your list for this week, Boyd M, Morris, Suckling all playing this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western Bulldogs midfielder Clay Smith has not been ruled out of Friday night’s clash with Collingwood after he suffered a heavy knock against North Melbourne on the weekend.

Smith left the field midway through the first quarter on Saturday night following a tackle from North Melbourne’s Aaron Mullet and did not return.

Speaking with westernbulldogs.com.au on Monday, Western Bulldogs GM Football Graham Lowe said a decision on Smith’s availability will be made later in the week.

“Clay suffered a concussion during the match, but he’s come in well today which is great news, but he’ll have to get through concussion protocols this week before we determine if he’s available for selection this weekend.”

It’s good news for Matthew Suckling who looks set to return on Friday night after recovering from an Achilles complaint.

“Matt Suckling’s been training well and his Achilles has settled down significantly," Lowe said.

“Subject to training and meeting those expectations this week he’ll be available for selection this weekend.”

Lowe also said that Mitch Honeychurch has progressed well through his rehab from a hamstring injury and will be available for selection this weekend.

Also in positive news from the medical room, both Bob Murphy and Josh Prudden will commence outdoor running this week.

“It’s really pleasing for Murph and Josh Prudden, they’ve both been progressing really well through their rehab from their ACL injuries and they’ve both running outside this week which is really good progress.”

Meanwhile first year player Bailey Williams looks set to return after the VFL bye after successfully undergoing a minor knee procedure.

“Bailey Williams has had a successful scope on his knee,” Lowe said.

“He’s presented really well this week and he’s back into full training so we look forward to welcoming him back in the coming weeks.”

Defender Kieran Collins though has played his last game for the season, with a decision made for him to undergo season ending surgery following a shoulder injury in last week’s VFL match.

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Player Injury Estimated Return
Marcus Adams Foot 1 week
Tom Campbell Foot TBC
Kieran Collins Shoulder Season
Tom Liberatore Ankle 2-3 weeks
Jack Macrae Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Robert Murphy Knee Season
Josh Prudden Knee Season
Jack Redpath Knee Season
Matthew Suckling Achilles Test
Mitch Wallis Leg Season
Bailey Williams Knee 1-2 weeks

o_O
Booyah

No major injuries.

Many starting to come back.

Bev in his presser said he expects Libba and Jack to be available for finals.

Booyah.
What is this 'no injuries' thing?

Sorry for intruding but I just wanted to say that the Bulldogs are a very resilient bunch of lads. I think that you guys have had many crucial season ending injuries throughout the year. If it was in other team they would be in the bottom six but for the Bulldogs it is different you guys are 7th. Also next year if you aren't so unlucky with injuries i think that you are definitely a top four side. You are my favourite team in the top 8 right know and I am going for you in the finals series as my hopeless club didn't make the finals.

This season has reminded me of 2006 in terms of injuries. That year we had Murphy, Darcy, Hahn and someone else who all did their knee. Plus we also had Higgins dislocate his elbow in round 13 against WCE, as well as Gian doing a couple of hamstrings. Despite the bad luck we had that year, we still smashed Collingwood in a final.

If you look at our best 22, best case scenario is that 19 of them will play in week one of the finals. No Murphy, Wallis or Crameri. I don't consider Redpath to be best 22 cause IMO he is pretty much equal to Tom Boyd and I'm in the camp that feels only one of them playing together is better than both playing together.

Hopefully Libba, Macrae and Adams play in week one of finals - and if we can have our best available side minus the three mentioned above, I'd be confident of beating North or WCE at the MCG. A SF appearance would be a pass mark IMO as we look ahead to 2017.

Hopefully we can play either Geelong or GWS in a SF, which would be a better result than playing Hawthorn, Sydney or Adelaide.

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Player Injury Estimated Return
Marcus Adams Foot 1 week
Tom Campbell Foot TBC
Kieran Collins Shoulder Season
Tom Liberatore Ankle 2-3 weeks
Jack Macrae Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Robert Murphy Knee Season
Josh Prudden Knee Season
Jack Redpath Knee Season
Matthew Suckling Achilles Test
Mitch Wallis Leg Season
Bailey Williams Knee 1-2 weeks

Question: is week one of the VFL finals scheduled for the AFL "bye" round before the finals? It would be nice to have the option of giving the likes of Williams, Libba or Macrae a run before going straight back into the seniors side. Or will they not qualify because of the VFL regular season game threshold?

This season has reminded me of 2006 in terms of injuries. That year we had Murphy, Darcy, Hahn and someone else who all did their knee. Plus we also had Higgins dislocate his elbow in round 13 against WCE, as well as Gian doing a couple of hamstrings. Despite the bad luck we had that year, we still smashed Collingwood in a final.

If you look at our best 22, best case scenario is that 19 of them will play in week one of the finals. No Murphy, Wallis or Crameri. I don't consider Redpath to be best 22 cause IMO he is pretty much equal to Tom Boyd and I'm in the camp that feels only one of them playing together is better than both playing together.

Hopefully Libba, Macrae and Adams play in week one of finals - and if we can have our best available side minus the three mentioned above, I'd be confident of beating North or WCE at the MCG. A SF appearance would be a pass mark IMO as we look ahead to 2017.

Hopefully we can play either Geelong or GWS in a SF, which would be a better result than playing Hawthorn, Sydney or Adelaide.

There were two more Tim Walsh and Adam Morgan was the other serious knee injuries (ACL).

Sorry for intruding but I just wanted to say that the Bulldogs are a very resilient bunch of lads. I think that you guys have had many crucial season ending injuries throughout the year. If it was in other team they would be in the bottom six but for the Bulldogs it is different you guys are 7th. Also next year if you aren't so unlucky with injuries i think that you are definitely a top four side. You are my favourite team in the top 8 right know and I am going for you in the finals series as my hopeless club didn't make the finals.
Lucky our recruiting has been pretty good in recent years. Most of our depth players (ranked 25 - 35) would get regular games at lesser clubs and only GWS would be comparable in that regard. We're struggling to think of who to delist at the end of the season. Tough calls ahead!

Lucky our recruiting has been pretty good in recent years. Most of our depth players (ranked 25 - 35) would get regular games at lesser clubs and only GWS would be comparable in that regard. We're struggling to think of who to delist at the end of the season. Tough calls ahead!
Especially when the bloke most thought would be the first one delisted this year has just inked another 12 months at the club.

Thanks mate... Support is much appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Injuries 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back