Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Crumpets was saying that Sandi re-injured his calf when running on Wednesday. Could struggle to make an appearance this year.
Would love someone to confirm that Sandi is actually training and it’s bullshite

The afl reported on Wed midday that Sandi was on the track running. Sadly ole crumpets seems to getting a lot more right these days. The big fella may be a chance to move off the list to allow a mid season rookie pick. We have until the close of round 8 to make a decision on that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-26/the-full-afl-injury-list-round-two

“All eyes will be on Hogan this week with the boom forward expected to put his hand up to play Gold Coast after being ruled out of round one. Ballantyne added to Fremantle's soft-tissue woes after going down late in the thumping of North Melbourne last Sunday. Sandilands is back running on the oval at training as he recovers from a long-term calf setback, and Bennell is also building his workload after his latest issue.” – Travis King

I bel
The afl reported on Wed midday that Sandi was on the track running. Sadly ole crumpets seems to getting a lot more right these days. The big fella may be a chance to move off the list to allow a mid season rookie pick. We have until the close of round 8 to make a decision on that.

i believe Dillon OReilly will play down back for East Freo this year or should I say half a year......

Sandi is finished unfortunately. Has been for a couple of years.

I love the bloke but he should do the right thing by the club and retire and allow the club a selection in the mid season draft.

I, along with many others, was flummoxed by the decision last year to re-sign Sandi, Ballas and Harley.

If we are serious about wanting to make finals this season I'd persist with Sandi until the end of season. Even if he only gets up for a handful of games that will be great opportunity to give Darcy a rest. We can of course use Lobb but then we lose the advantage of a good backup ruck in games - do not want Jones coming in or Tabs/Cox having to ruck in games. Sandi would also dominate with Fyfe and Mundy in the middle with the new 6-6-6 rules.

Obviously a lot can change, we don't need to make any decisions yet.

I love the bloke but he should do the right thing by the club and retire and allow the club a selection in the mid season draft.

I, along with many others, was flummoxed by the decision last year to re-sign Sandi, Ballas and Harley.

Only Ballas. The other two I thought deserves one more year.

If Sandi has had a setback then yes I agree he would best serve the club and retire. He's a club champion, but maybe time is up.

I think Crumpets has the ear of ole mate Webber. The TBC actually stands for To Believe Crumpet 😢

Richmond get two injuries and everyone breaks out the violins for them. Poor Richmond. Season-threatening injury CRISIS!!! Spare me.

Will media call for Dimma to be sacked if they don’t push for a flag this year? Doubt it.

But happy to call for Ross’ head despite the injury lists we’ve carried during the rebuild. We wouldnt have won a flag, but we would have had better results for sure. Injuries affect rebuilding teams too (if not more).

A9B63A14-B50A-4A88-856E-C53EAD28FB77.jpeg

Darcy has been learning off of Sandi. More efffective having him there at the club than sending the young blokes texts in between lawn mowing jobs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logue reinjured his hamstring

Valente and Cox should play this week.

No update on Hill, Sandi, Kersten and Bennell

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2019-04-02/cox-a-test-to-return

Brennan Cox Hamstring Test
Luke Valente Groin Test
Brett Bewley Ankle 1 week
Griffin Logue Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Hayden Ballantyne Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Connor Blakely Hamstring 3 weeks
Stephen Hill Quad TBA
Aaron Sandilands Calf TBA
Shane Kersten Foot TBA
Harley Bennell Calf TBA

Noticed Switta not on the list, return this week? Sucks for Logue though :(
Read the report on Fremantle FC website. Switta played restricted mins on Sat night and pulled up well. He will progress further this weekend.

We should have a decent team for Peel with Cox, Valente, Switta playing

Read the report on Fremantle FC website. Switta played restricted mins on Sat night and pulled up well. He will progress further this weekend.

We should have a decent team for Peel with Cox, Valente, Switta playing

Surely as our best pressure forward Switta makes the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back