Injury Report - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The Campbell Gray injury hurts more than most for me. Poor kid has a limited window to prove himself and this happens at the end of a BOG performance. I hope he gets another crack next year. Terrible luck.

We have nine injured key position players (rucks included). We have seven non-injured key position players, three of whom are rookies who weren't playing in our VFL team until a fortnight ago.
Update*
Eleven injured KPPs (Grimes, Gibcus, Lynch, Naismith, Ryan, Fawcett, Colina, Lefau, Bauer, Young, Gray)
Six non-injured KPPs (Kozi, Balta, Miller, Nank, Blight, Hayes-Brown)

*Forgot to include Bauer last week

Update*
Eleven injured KPPs (Grimes, Gibcus, Lynch, Naismith, Ryan, Fawcett, Colina, Lefau, Bauer, Young, Gray)
Six non-injured KPPs (Kozi, Balta, Miller, Nank, Blight, Hayes-Brown)

*Forgot to include Bauer last week
It's crazy that OHB will be the only AFL-listed tall in our VFL team this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, time for my favourite thing....some numbers. The Count has a lot to answer for. :)

Here are a series of numbers representing the other 17 clubs amounts of players missing through injury this week:

2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 6 6 7 7 11

Low = Hawthorn with 2 injured players this week
High = Collingwood with 11 injured players this week

The median of the other 17 clubs(bar Tigers) is 6 injuries this week.

The mean average of the other 17 clubs(bar Tigers) is 5.4 injuries this week.

Richmond has 17 players listed as missing through injury this week, if you remove Collingwood from the sample we have 10 more injuries than the 3rd MOST injured club in the competition. That is more than twice as many as them. Richmond has more injuries this week than the 5 least injured clubs put together.

Now, let's go a bit further and count all the respective amounts of players missing the remainder of the season injured. For the 17 other clubs that series of numbers looks like this:

0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5

Low = 3 clubs with zero players missing for the remainder of the season
High = Brisbane with 5 players missing the remainder of the season injured

The median amount of the other 17 clubs is 1 player missing the remainder of the season injured.

The mean average of the other 17 clubs is 1.5 players missing the remainder of the season injured.

Richmond has again at least double the amount of players missing the remainder of the season injured when compared to the 3 MOST affected team. Richmond has more players missing the remainder of the season than the 7 least affected teams put together.

Richmond has at least 6 players missing the remainder of the season injured, 7 if you count Colina who has no return date, 8 if you count Gray who is highly unlikely to play again this season.

A remarkable set of numbers, I am sure you would agree. And remember, this is just accounting for this week onwards. Up to now in season 2024 we will also be the club most affected by injuries, by miles.

Thank you Meehan for giving me things to count. :hearteyes:

Using “bad luck” as an excuse for the ridiculously high injury toll is pure unadulterated bull dust…

11 KPP injured…that’s unheard of
Liam fawcett permanently injured since coming to the club….has he even played a vfl game?
Our mids….Ross” injury has been clearly mismanaged …6-8 weeks ongoing …rinse and repeat
Why was Juddy livid when he got injured ….was he rushed back like a host of others?
Prestia,Hopper, Taranto, Graham Lynch et al

Either the fitness staff are totally incompetent or we are covertly tanking

Ok, time for my favourite thing....some numbers. The Count has a lot to answer for. :)

Here are a series of numbers representing the other 17 clubs amounts of players missing through injury this week:

2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 6 6 7 7 11

Low = Hawthorn with 2 injured players this week
High = Collingwood with 11 injured players this week

The median of the other 17 clubs(bar Tigers) is 6 injuries this week.

The mean average of the other 17 clubs(bar Tigers) is 5.4 injuries this week.

Richmond has 17 players listed as missing through injury this week, if you remove Collingwood from the sample we have 10 more injuries than the 3rd MOST injured club in the competition. That is more than twice as many as them. Richmond has more injuries this week than the 5 least injured clubs put together.

Now, let's go a bit further and count all the respective amounts of players missing the remainder of the season injured. For the 17 other clubs that series of numbers looks like this:

0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5

Low = 3 clubs with zero players missing for the remainder of the season
High = Brisbane with 5 players missing the remainder of the season injured

The median amount of the other 17 clubs is 1 player missing the remainder of the season injured.

The mean average of the other 17 clubs is 1.5 players missing the remainder of the season injured.

Richmond has again at least double the amount of players missing the remainder of the season injured when compared to the 3 MOST affected team. Richmond has more players missing the remainder of the season than the 7 least affected teams put together.

Richmond has at least 6 players missing the remainder of the season injured, 7 if you count Colina who has no return date, 8 if you count Gray who is highly unlikely to play again this season.

A remarkable set of numbers, I am sure you would agree. And remember, this is just accounting for this week onwards. Up to now in season 2024 we will also be the club most affected by injuries, by miles.

Thank you Meehan for giving me things to count. :hearteyes:

It’s just bad luck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back