In's and Outs V's Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

From all reports Dyson wasnt poor , the people who i have spoken to all said he did some good work but wasnt outstanding. The game before he was really good so i dont know where you can pull another poor game from.

Poor from my perspective.

He has to be basically getting close to BOG's to save his career yet can't even make it in the bests.

I classify that as poor.

In - Bradley for Monfries and to play on HFF
In - Stanton for Heffernan, need more run and polish in midfield
In - Campo for Bolton, lets cut the clanger count
In - NLM, Johns or Lovett for Hille, laycock will have to ruck most of the game with support from Ryder, johns to play back half if required, maybe get the extra runner in NLM or Lovett (depending on fitness) as melbourne dont have a tall forward line and between Fletcher, Michael and Mcphee sould be able to match them, only robbo to worry about if neitz doesn't come up.

Michael to take Neitz
McPhee to take Robbo
Fletcher to play spare man and get 32 touches
Ryder to control the corridoor and assist mcphee and michael when required.

From all reports Dyson wasnt poor , the people who i have spoken to all said he did some good work but wasnt outstanding. The game before he was really good so i dont know where you can pull another poor game from.

Ant - do you know who Dyson, Hislop, Jetta etc played on.....??

I would say Jetta's fitness levels would be down - I saw him during the week at the Maribyrnong River (the team was doing some fitness work down teir with Quinnky) and he was behind in the running work (distance based)

Over 20 metres he is actually one of the quickest at our club. over 20 m he has a time of 2.8 seconds. That is the same time as Lovett. Only Davey, Dempsey, Winderlich and Jetta are quicker.

Still a long way to go before being considered a decent KP player. As there is no real urgency for him to fill a gap for us, Id be happy to keep him as a development player for a couple of years longer.

Poor from my perspective.

He has to be basically getting close to BOG's to save his career yet can't even make it in the bests.

I classify that as poor.

Well if you simply just read the best players and judge it on that then you will have no idea. Out of the best 6 for Bendigo there is a spot reserved for a Bendigo listed player (usually the captain) two spots for Essendon to pump up the tyres of young players and three spots for the genuine best players.
The best 6 players given generally dont match the best players given by those who see the games.
From the reports i have read and from those i have spoken to who where at the game i can say that Dyson would have been in our best 6.

Ant - do you know who Dyson, Hislop, Jetta etc played on.....??

I would say Jetta's fitness levels would be down - I saw him during the week at the Maribyrnong River (the team was doing some fitness work down teir with Quinnky) and he was behind in the running work (distance based)

Dont know who they played on as i cant get to any games at the moment.
As far as Jetta goes his endurance running is well behind a lot of the others at the moment.

Well if you simply just read the best players and judge it on that then you will have no idea. Out of the best 6 for Bendigo there is a spot reserved for a Bendigo listed player (usually the captain) two spots for Essendon to pump up the tyres of young players and three spots for the genuine best players.
The best 6 players given generally dont match the best players given by those who see the games.
From the reports i have read and from those i have spoken to who where at the game i can say that Dyson would have been in our best 6.

For a player that's played 50 games of AFL he has to dominate at VFL and be in the best 3 regardless of what the best criteria is.

I recall reading your report from a few weeks back regarding his form in one game. ;)

Unless the reports say "Dyson was great got a lot of it and used it well" then I consider it a poor output.

I know he's pretty quick.

I was referring to him being able to get away with just pace at VFL level.

At AFL level his quickness of thinking and second efforts are what lets him down currently.

Listening to Bomber Radio last week, Knights mentioned some reasons John's has been put down the back: His exceptional closing speed and strong contested marks are the main reasons. Then he said something interesting: it's also so John's can work on his concentration. Of course it only takes one lapse, and your opponent kicks a goal on you, so it's a good lesson to have. I'm not sure we'll see John's play CHB in the seniors with our current senior form back there.

For me:

Out: Hille (Sus), Bolton, Heff
In: Bradley, Stanton, Campo

For a player that's played 50 games of AFL he has to dominate at VFL and be in the best 3 regardless of what the best criteria is.

I recall reading your report from a few weeks back regarding his form in one game. ;)

Unless the reports say "Dyson was great got a lot of it and used it well" then I consider it a poor output.

I remember my own reports, i know he wasnt great 3 games ago. My original point was you said Dyson was poor again when in fact it hasnt been the case. The last two games he has been one of the better players.
I cant see Dyson being around next year. I think he has had his chance but that doesnt not mean you have to consider good performances in the VFL as poor simply becasue you have some sort of unrealistic formular on experienced players and VFL form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i really think its necessary for gus to be dropped.. has had a very poor season and it meant to be improving, this year he has gone down instead of up in form... his meant to be a potential captain of the EFC, and im not seeing the signs.. drop him and make him earn his spot again. Lovett providing his fit should switch places with monfries and play mainly forward for the game so he doesnt get another injury.

Out: Hille, monfries
In: bradley, lovett

Argue against bradley all you want but the fact is that his form warrants selection, also bradley is 199cm tall (2cm less than hille and laycock) and only 3kgs less than laycock.... he can play ruck.. put him as a second ruckman and play him in the forward line for the rest. i dont want to see him in the backline at all... that way ryder can play back

The thing about Monfries he is just as likely to create a spark and maybe even win a game of his own boot, it may be seen as a risk by the selection commitee to leave him out of the side. He is a gun, and if he can get as much senior footy in him, whilst he is still developing, the better for it he will be in the long run... if that makes sense.

INS: Lovett Murray, Jetta, Lovett - If Fit
Outs: Heff, MJ, Bolton.

Leroy Jetta & Houli, wheres there footy at for the remaining of the year !? have both of them (more so Jetta) been back in the two's getting match fit recently or still no certainty's !!

Leroy Jetta & Houli, wheres there footy at for the remaining of the year !? have both of them (more so Jetta) been back in the two's getting match fit recently or still no certainty's !!

Jetta may not play seniors again this year. They will be taking him along easily trying to avoid any OP that may flair up. Has been very quiet for Bendigo in the last couple of games.
Houli may play again but his game for Bendigo last week wasnt anything flash.

Remove this Banner Ad

In's and Outs V's Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back