Is Carlton a Shot for the finals if they keep current form up?

Remove this Banner Ad

:rolleyes:

Essendon pffft!

Start a poll see which team people would want in three years based on current players mate !

Carlton aren't winning, and may be some time off, but as far as raw talent and potential go were the best in the league,..then Hawks, then a distant murmuring Essendon.

And what do you base that on Einstein?

Carlton will NOT make the finals. They have no good form. They never won the game against teh Bulldogs, the Doggies lost the game, there is a difference between 1 side winning and the other side losing.

No hope for Carlton.

Did you watch the game did you? Carlton beat the dogs. aker on footy classified said the bulldogs played well but Carlton just played better, so yeah there goes your theory, unless of course you know better than the bloke that was actually on the park.

Carltons form has been o.k apart from fadeouts which let us down, wont make the finals, nor do i want us too really, need this year as a development year. And anybody that was at the G on Sunday would realise that development is coming along just fine thank you very much!

See you all in a few years when we will be nigh on unstoppable for a prolonged period of time!

Start a poll see which team people would want in three years based on current players mate !

Thats all we keep hearing from carlton supporters, 3 years time, 5 years time, when is your time? :eek:

Just a copout for no one rating your ordinary club atm.

Did you watch the game did you? Carlton beat the dogs. aker on footy classified said the bulldogs played well but Carlton just played better, so yeah there goes your theory, unless of course you know better than the bloke that was actually on the park.

Carltons form has been o.k apart from fadeouts which let us down, wont make the finals, nor do i want us too really, need this year as a development year. And anybody that was at the G on Sunday would realise that development is coming along just fine thank you very much!

See you all in a few years when we will be nigh on unstoppable for a prolonged period of time!

If the Bulldogs played well then they would have won. At the Doggies best they should make at least the Prelim's, while at Carlton's best-if u actaully call it best, they will get 15th or 16th. If Bulldogs played as they always do they would have won by 60+. If like u say the Bulldogs played good, tehn y does Rodney Eade say that 6 players need to lift their game of they wil be dropped? Exactly, I'm right and u-a Carlton supporter, is wrong. Most importantly, u are wrong.

Thats all we keep hearing from carlton supporters, 3 years time, 5 years time, when is your time? :eek:

Just a copout for no one rating your ordinary club atm.

Please your a melbourne supporter ffs! You can blame injuries all you want! but one flag in fifty years and bugger all GF appearances since does not qualify you for an opinion on ordinary clubs!

Our time is when the following players in

Murphy
Gibbs
Kennedy
Blackwell
Fisher
Carrazzo
Waite
Walker
Grigg (You'll realise in a few weeks who i am talking about)
Anderson
Betts
and a handful of others get up to the one hundred game mark together and the likes of Fevola, Stevens, Scotland and Houlihan are still around then we'll see how good we'll be. On occasions during games we see it we saw it for four quarters on the w/e and we beat a side who according to one of their players in aker played well on the day but were pipped by the better side. So by my reckoning in two years we'll be cherry ripe.

Please your a melbourne supporter ffs! You can blame injuries all you want! but one flag in fifty years and bugger all GF appearances since does not qualify you for an opinion on ordinary clubs!

Our time is when the following players in

Murphy
Gibbs
Kennedy
Blackwell
Fisher
Carrazzo
Waite
Walker
Grigg (You'll realise in a few weeks who i am talking about)
Anderson
Betts
and a handful of others get up to the one hundred game mark together and the likes of Fevola, Stevens, Scotland and Houlihan are still around then we'll see how good we'll be. On occasions during games we see it we saw it for four quarters on the w/e and we beat a side who according to one of their players in aker played well on the day but were pipped by the better side. So by my reckoning in two years we'll be cherry ripe.

Murphy = Gun
Gibbs = Talented, young, but shown to be very soft on a couple of occasions, will probably be very good though.
Kennedy = Jury is well and truly out
Blackwell = Has a chance
Fisher = Lots of injuries, but good player
Carrazzo = Handy type
Waite = Gun
Walker = See Kennedy
Grigg (You'll realise in a few weeks who i am talking about) = Unproven at Senior Level
Anderson = See Grigg
Betts = LOL

If the Bulldogs played well then they would have won. At the Doggies best they should make at least the Prelim's, while at Carlton's best-if u actaully call it best, they will get 15th or 16th. If Bulldogs played as they always do they would have won by 60+. If like u say the Bulldogs played good, tehn y does Rodney Eade say that 6 players need to lift their game of they wil be dropped? Exactly, I'm right and u-a Carlton supporter, is wrong. Most importantly, u are wrong.

bzzz wrong again if you were actually at the game you'd realise they played well and we played well, we were better on the day, harder at the ball and the man and it paid off, don't blame the Carlton boys for the softness of the dogs when the pressure was on, we stood up and they fell short at the last hurdle it is that simple it's not rocket science, if we belted them by 10 goals which we have the fire power to do then i'd say the doggies did not show up but they showed up and we beat them and were better on the day. On paper they are a more seasoned side but on the day we beat them.

They kicked 128 points without a key forward doing sfa if thats playing bad then i'll go stupid. We kicked 138 points though and hence won the game. Still nobody credits us for a good performance against a good side. Oh well thats what happens when you are the most successful club in the history of the comp (along with essendon) you get no acknowledgment from supporters of other more historically challenged and success devoid clubs.

I'm sorry but I can't fit 'Carlton' and 'finals' in the same sentence.
They impressed the other day - no doubt. They won after all.
As others have mentioned - their 3-7 start to the season has done their chances of making the 8 no favours.
I do think they will improve somewhat in the next few years, but i do not think they will feature in September either this year or next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you would seriously be a fool if you think Carlton have not been playing good football for the past 6 matches.

Adeliade - Should have Could have
North- Should have Could have
Fagpies - Should have could have
Brisbane - Let it slip
Bulldogs - :)

If they win 2 in their next 10 then their stuffed I reckon.

Seriously though, if their current form has only rendered one win and that's what they keep producing their will be encouraging signs but probably not enough wins to see finals footy this year.

I'm sorry but I can't fit 'Carlton' and 'finals' in the same sentence.
They impressed the other day - no doubt. They won after all.
As others have mentioned - their 3-7 start to the season has done their chances of making the 8 no favours.I do think they will improve somewhat in the next few years, but i do not think they will feature in September either this year or next.

That is true, but if you put Nick Stevens back into our midfield, we could have won a couple of the games we were well and truly in at 3/4 time.

Murphy = Gun
Gibbs = Talented, young, but shown to be very soft on a couple of occasions, will probably be very good though.
Kennedy = Jury is well and truly out
Blackwell = Has a chance
Fisher = Lots of injuries, but good player
Carrazzo = Handy type
Waite = Gun
Walker = See Kennedy
Grigg (You'll realise in a few weeks who i am talking about) = Unproven at Senior Level
Anderson = See Grigg
Betts = LOL

Still more than the Bombers have to look forward to when the master in Hird and his mates in Fletcher, Michael, Lucas and Lloyd pull the pin in a few years.

Your captain even wants the master to continue cos once he pulls the pin watch your mob fall like a sack of spuds. Still leading the way and good on him but who's standing up behind him? Name your Stantons, Watsons and Houlis and your midget in Davey all your like but you and i know they are nowhere near the talent that we have on our list. (Sure we've been crap enough lately to compile it but that's the way it works)

Gibbs actually reminds me alot of hird, the way he moves is majestical, he will be an unbelievably good player, better than Murphy in my opinion.

Still more than the Bombers have to look forward to when the master in Hird and his mates in Fletcher, Michael, Lucas and Lloyd pull the pin in a few years.

Your captain even wants the master to continue cos once he pulls the pin watch your mob fall like a sack of spuds. Still leading the way and good on him but who's standing up behind him? Name your Stantons, Watsons and Houlis and your midget in Davey all your like but you and i know they are nowhere near the talent that we have on our list. (Sure we've been crap enough lately to compile it but that's the way it works)

Gibbs actually reminds me alot of hird, the way he moves is majestical, he will be an unbelievably good player, better than Murphy in my opinion.
Please don't compare Gibbs to Hird, it makes you look utterly foolish.

Please don't compare Gibbs to Hird, it makes you look utterly foolish.

I said the way he moves around a football ground looks very similar so similar in fact blind freddy could see it, he has not achieved anything yet i understand but the similarity in the way they move is there. I'd go even further to suggest that the way he moves around the ground i.e runs and positions himself and his sublime decision making and football ability(100%efficiency in just about every game) is a mixture of Hird and Buckley rolled into one. Thats not bad is it? we have a 'potential' mixture of two of the greats in one package along with little number three who reminds me alot of voss/greg williams so i'm entitled to be a little excited:D

Grovel and deny all you like but you all know who's coming to town very soon and chances are they'll be making more than one appearance!It's about bloody time as well been away for long enough!

You and a lot of your mates over at the 'board of hate' think just because you have a kid that is X tall can run 20 mts in X and 100 in X and jump X etc etc he will be a gun.
It doesn't work like that, and only very few players drafted go on to have sucessful careers.

You guys have been sprouting off about your talent year after year, and all the while winning wooden spoon after wooden spoon.

We have HEAPS of young talent on our list, but of course you wouldn't even know who they are because you just sprout off crap without even knowing who they are.

The thing is, they might ALL be duds, who knows?
I will answer the question for you...NO ONE

We have high hopes for them and they have great credentials on paper and by the way they perform at VFL level, but that is no guarantee they can make the step up to the next level.

So you and your mates like in_like_flint, parrot:) etc etc can rave on and speak crud all day long about your youth, and how good they will be but you have no idea if they will make it or not.

As for your "core" senior youth, some have already proven they will be good players, some have more to go, some have proven they won't be, just the same as EVERY other team out there.

As for our ageing stars, no doubt they are, but they are either Champions or very close, and you don't just toss them on the scrap heap because they are at a certain age.

Our youth will learn off Top class players with leadership qualities like Hird, Fletcher, Michael, Lloyd, Lucas etc
Can you say the same?

Some of these guys still have 3-5 years left and when there time comes, we will have the players coming through to fill there POSITIONS, whether they can fill there SHOES will be the issue, as it is with EVERY single club in the league.

Not quite yet, but I like what the Blues are doing. Maybe when Vossy's coaching them next year, they might enter the stratosphere. I'll give you a tip, though, they'll win a flag before Richmond do!!

You and a lot of your mates over at the 'board of hate' think just because you have a kid that is X tall can run 20 mts in X and 100 in X and jump X etc etc he will be a gun.
It doesn't work like that, and only very few players drafted go on to have sucessful careers.

You guys have been sprouting off about your talent year after year, and all the while winning wooden spoon after wooden spoon.

We have HEAPS of young talent on our list, but of course you wouldn't even know who they are because you just sprout off crap without even knowing who they are.

The thing is, they might ALL be duds, who knows?
I will answer the question for you...NO ONE

We have high hopes for them and they have great credentials on paper and by the way they perform at VFL level, but that is no guarantee they can make the step up to the next level.

So you and your mates like in_like_flint, parrot:) etc etc can rave on and speak crud all day long about your youth, and how good they will be but you have no idea if they will make it or not.

As for your "core" senior youth, some have already proven they will be good players, some have more to go, some have proven they won't be, just the same as EVERY other team out there.

As for our ageing stars, no doubt they are, but they are either Champions or very close, and you don't just toss them on the scrap heap because they are at a certain age.

Our youth will learn off Top class players with leadership qualities like Hird, Fletcher, Michael, Lloyd, Lucas etc
Can you say the same?

Some of these guys still have 3-5 years left and when there time comes, we will have the players coming through to fill there POSITIONS, whether they can fill there SHOES will be the issue, as it is with EVERY single club in the league.

Fair points there i'll give you that but our young players are proving more and more each week that alot of them will be very handy players for a very long time, learning off Kouta, Stevens when fit, Lappin, Whitnall (can't deny he is a smart player along with a very fat man ;-) ) that is not a bad apprenticeship imo. And you can't deny we have more doing that than Essendon who have more senior players to choose from than us, therefore having less young kids on the park showing off their ability.

I believe we are in a better position for prolonged success than Essendon is .

I cant believe nobody has mentioned that mathematically, Carlton are still a chance. Or maybe they have, I couldnt be bothered reading 4 pages of Essendon tripe :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Carlton a Shot for the finals if they keep current form up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back