Is Carlton a Shot for the finals if they keep current form up?

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Bulldogs played well then they would have won. At the Doggies best they should make at least the Prelim's, while at Carlton's best-if u actaully call it best, they will get 15th or 16th. If Bulldogs played as they always do they would have won by 60+. If like u say the Bulldogs played good, tehn y does Rodney Eade say that 6 players need to lift their game of they wil be dropped? Exactly, I'm right and u-a Carlton supporter, is wrong. Most importantly, u are wrong.

Blah blah blah.

We got the four points and that's all that matters, so go back to your cave.

And no, we're no chance for the finals. We're just not good enough yet, maybe if we won those 3 or 4 games when we were in winning positions, you'd talk us up. But a 3-7 record still is a 3-7 record, all Carlton supporters can hope for is a miracle. IMO, aim for finals next year if possible - that is, if we can hang on to leads by then!

Carlton will NOT make the finals. They have no good form. They never won the game against teh Bulldogs, the Doggies lost the game, there is a difference between 1 side winning and the other side losing.

No hope for Carlton.

Care to explain how? And don't give me that crap about if the doggies played well.
I could apply the same thought process to the Essendon Carlton game. If Essendon didn't let a 48 point lead slip etc., etc.

they dont have to make the finals, they still will ead u in premierships, at least when we make grand finals we know how to win, not choke so pies wont win a flag not this decade, just pray u dont play us in a grand final or better yet, hope brisbane dont come good again and meet u in another grand final.
u guys arent ones to talk we still have a more recent flag than u, or did u forget

when was ur last victory against us, try two years ago when we got the first four goals, and then tanked to get our priority picks, its a shame and a worry when ur best players are the ususal suspects in hird, loydd, lucas, mal michael and fletcher.
in regards to talent were u speaking of camporeale, cole or better yet that superstar courtney johns.
u know the one thats supposed to be the next best thing, hasnt done a bloody damn thing for u at all, or was it andrew lovett, already 25 and cant develop anymore, when mcleod was 25 he had 2 norm smiths, 2 premierships, a couple of best and fairests.
Or is it davey who himself is a developed player at 23, he isnt an 18 year old kid who needs to develop, where is the serious depth of talent, u played ugly and defensive football against the swans, had the #### been on a bigger ground, u wouldnt have clogged up barry hall, and he would have had more space to lead and mark.
I mean lets face reality, if franklin can tear ur defence to shredds, imagine what a stronger man like hall could do.
besides houli, jetta, and gumbleton who u havent yet tried, there is no one else.
i seem to remember ur supporters also talking up keppler bradley, gee what a trooper he turned out to be.

Current form? We've won 1 game! :rolleyes:

Carlton aren't winning, and may be some time off, but as far as raw talent and potential go were the best in the league,..then Hawks, then a distant murmuring Essendon.

Err.. no. Would rate the Horks well ahead of us in terms of talent and potential.

Nick Stevens?

He's above average but hardly the man to hang your finals hopes on when you're 3-7.

Above average? The bloke is our best player by a fair margin and was 3rd or 4th favorite for the Brownlow early this season. Practically no-one is going to make finals when you're 3-7 but if you had to pick a bloke to 'hang your hopes on' Stevo would most definately be the one.

What do you guy's think, and for god sakes no immature responses!

Then perhaps don't ask immature questions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look its got nothing to do with the facts that we are carlton supporters, if u want to make that claim then sydney lost and didnt play well, u didnt beat them.i detect a sense of jealousy why else attack carlton when they win, do u hate them that much, its people like urself that make me hate essendon even more than i do.
we should have beaten north, i mean really had ourselves in a good nick, should have beaten brisbane, as for collingwood, well although we were in front at half time, the facts are they should have put us away early on.
they were really inaccurate as they were against u guys.
secondly u cannot doubt for even a second that our forward line is super, i mean jarrad waite is exceptional and talented, though his kicking at times is a massive down fall, we honestly should have pinched the #### aggainst the crows.
But dont get disheartened by the fact that we knocked u guys off, i seem to remember a #### that was ours for the taking, and that clown silvagni from full back kicked straight to salmon, for the winning goal in 1998.
The dogs were 25 points up at one stage, its the belief that we can still come back and not allow ourselves to get smashed, its a good team to do that and we are fast becomming that.
though tell me in all honesty do you pagan and sheedy should go?

Current form? We've won 1 game! :rolleyes:

Err.. no. Would rate the Horks well ahead of us in terms of talent and potential.

Above average? The bloke is our best player by a fair margin and was 3rd or 4th favorite for the Brownlow early this season. Practically no-one is going to make finals when you're 3-7 but if you had to pick a bloke to 'hang your hopes on' Stevo would most definately be the one.

Then perhaps don't ask immature questions?

Thanks for answering for me :)

Carlton's problem is defence. Strong defence is vital for getting to and winning finals. A few key defenders and Carlton will be looking a lot stronger.

No. I feel they are the worst team in the comp ATM. IMO. List-wise

Funny you should say that. I reckon that you guys are very close to holding that honor. Once a couple of your older players are gone, I think you guys will be in a bad way.
As for this year, yeah it may be the Blues, I would have said the Tigers but the Blues are definitley down there.

Mate you would seriously be a fool if you think Carlton have not been playing good football for the past 6 matches.

Adeliade - Should have Could have
North- Should have Could have
Fagpies - Should have could have
Brisbane - Let it slip
Bulldogs - :)

Mate, we're 3-7, we've won 10 of out last 54, we've won one in a row, we have a sh1t coach. Let's not get excited over one win. Get your hand off it and at least wait a few more weeks.

if we have a shootout with the hawks we would win clearly as our forward line is clearly better, it is our strength and we are second in the comp for points scored, second only to geelong.
although they run better and have more ruck stocks, we are just as good as the hawks just havent put it on the scoreboard, we worked on that and answered the critics with an 8 goal third term.
In all fairness, we should have posted another 3 wins, mainly crows, brisbane and the roos, we were in great positions for all of them, we just choked.

we are not getting riewoldt, why chase him, its unfair to take him from the saint, we shouldnt kick a team when they are down.
i like the saints leave them alone, lets get pavlich or judd instead, if we can get them that is, dont misunderstand what im saying i would prefer the others because i like the saints to keep their players.

if we have a shootout with the hawks we would win clearly as our forward line is clearly better, it is our strength and we are second in the comp for points scored, second only to geelong.
although they run better and have more ruck stocks, we are just as good as the hawks just havent put it on the scoreboard, we worked on that and answered the critics with an 8 goal third term.
In all fairness, we should have posted another 3 wins, mainly crows, brisbane and the roos, we were in great positions for all of them, we just choked.
It's not about a better forward line, it's about a mid-field getting it in to a good forward line. Hawks will beat us (hope not though). We'll finish 13-15th. We'll push finals next year with a new coach.

Mate, we're 3-7, we've won 10 of out last 54, we've won one in a row, we have a sh1t coach. Let's not get excited over one win. Get your hand off it and at least wait a few more weeks.

Jim, I can't argue with the stats, but I agree with others that we're playing better.

N_AFL_P, we still haven't put 4 quarters together and that's the key before we can claim to have any form that would warrant a "finals" call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Carlton a Shot for the finals if they keep current form up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back