tess

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2002
"on the prowl"
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Northern Saints/VFL Pies
https://www.clubsonline.com.au/shop/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_main&orgid=1714#
081028_itscoming.jpg

Would be typical for a change to the Jumper to be quietly slipped in without any fanfare after Ed's claim "we will never change our jumper" yet he has seen it changed more often in his ten years than any other President...... :eek: (just wait for the Ed walks on water dollies to come and attack)

Be warned, if the Jumper is changed yet again the Collingwood supporters will revolt Mr Ed.

Its still black and white strips and a added collingwood logo(which should of always been there).

Non issue.

Its still black and white strips and a added collingwood logo(which should of always been there).

Non issue.
"We will never change our jumper. We will never change our jumper. We will never change our jumper"

Eddie tends to say that a lot for a club that's changed it a fair few times since he's been running the show.

^you're an idiot. adding a logo is changing the jumper now?? why dont you tell us all the kind of changes he was speaking against

as for tess. im sure people have learnt by now not to give this attention seeker any notice
There's far less stripes on the jumper.

^you're an idiot. adding a logo is changing the jumper now?? why dont you tell us all the kind of changes he was speaking against

as for tess. im sure people have learnt by now not to give this attention seeker any notice

Oh Mr Jones .... so yet another new design is OK. I thought we had been getting along quite well, are the gloves off?

Yes, Eddie is a hyprocrite in some ways

He's adamant that the jumper of 100 years must stay. Yet he's reversed the black and white stripes and added a big splash of red for the sake of their sponsor

Not that I have an issue with sponsors logos - just with his rhetoric about tradition. Red has never, ever been part of their colour scheme. But it's OK if they make money out of it? ;)

Yes, Eddie is a hyprocrite in some ways

He's adamant that the jumper of 100 years must stay. Yet he's reversed the black and white stripes and added a big splash of red for the sake of their sponsor

Not that I have an issue with sponsors logos - just with his rhetoric about tradition. Red has never, ever been part of their colour scheme. But it's OK if they make money out of it? ;)

wow. complaining about sponsors now?? im dumbfounded lol

whether spicers paper, or wizard, or emirates, of course the sponsor logo has to be there and changes over time...im hoping for your sake you were attempting to be funny

when eddie said our jumper will never change you guys took it serious, huh?? sitting there behind your screens measuring the width of the stripes or counting them to make sure they are consistent hahahaha

for real, i know people like to complain about collingwood or whinge about big mean eddie always getting his way, but at least pick some legitimate complaints. why not go back to "but, but they only travel 4 times a season" that always works a charm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow. complaining about sponsors now?? im dumbfounded lol

whether spicers paper, or wizard, or emirates, of course the sponsor logo has to be there and changes over time...im hoping for your sake you were attempting to be funny

Yawn

I said I didn't have an issue with sponsors logos Mr Sensitive. Every club has them. Luckily, my club was able to convince the sponsor to print their logo in one of our club colours. Unfortunately Eddie wasn't able to remove the red from his so now the Pies have the same colour scheme as St Kilda :)

All I ask is that Eddie not bang on about his precious B&W stripes and his guernsey that hasn't changed in 150 years. And, yes, he's come on Adelaide radio and said exactly that. Quote: "it's the oldest guernsey in the world and we are unique in the world in that we have never changed it". Please, spare us .....

I am sure at one time our sponsors logo had to be in Black and White on the jumper but that was many moons and Presidents ago.

Adidas are changing their jumpers for next year. So I think that means Adelaide, Collingwood and Essendon are wearing more slim line jumpers, nothing major.

I think Essendon wear Puma.

I believe Puma is pulling out of sponsoring AFL clubs. Which means when the contracts are up (like Essendon next year), the clubs will need a new guernsey sponsor.

That means Brisbane, Hawthorn and West Coast will all be changing to something new, when I am not sure, probably 2010 if Essendons is up this year I guess.

I believe Puma is pulling out of sponsoring AFL clubs. Which means when the contracts are up (like Essendon next year), the clubs will need a new guernsey sponsor.

That means Brisbane, Hawthorn and West Coast will all be changing to something new, when I am not sure, probably 2010 if Essendons is up this year I guess.
We're sponsored by Adidas for our uniforms next year.

Oh you serious???

West Coast have been sponsored by Puma since day dot. Like HJs and SGIO.

Cant imagine an eagles jumper without it being a puma one.

slim fit? isn't it like Lycra or something? it goes white when you pull it so the umpire will easily notice if there's a jumper hold...... pretty smart move by Adelaide collingwood and Essendon if they go with a new design they'll kinda get a slight advantage over other teams in that regard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back