Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Until Kennedy can show that he can cause the ball to bend midair at a right angle through for a goal, he isn't the best forward

giphy.gif

with Kennedy we are. Those stats would have been greatly affected by his absence this year
You were 5th last year. Around where you finished on the ladder. Just as you are this year.
If Kennedy played a full year and still had a 4.0 average you would be 5th this year. (That's a stretch)
You have the best current single forward in the game
You are not even close to the top forward lines. You're mid table.
I get that you've gone all cheer squad nuffie, but please be slightly impartial

I will base this off of the top 11 teams - teams who are finalists or in contention to make the finals.
For teams who are top 11 I haven't included the 12th team on the ladder.

35/59 Daniher goals against top 11 ~ 3.18 average a game from 11 matches vs top 11 sides
36/51 Brown goals against top 11 ~ 2.76 average a game from 13 matches vs top 11 sides
25/60 Kennedy goals against top 11 ~ 3.12 average a game from 8 matches vs top 11 sides
32/56 Franklin goals against top 11 ~ 2.90 average a game from 11 matches vs top 11 sides

Edit: Smeg Head requested Hawkins so I've added him & Tex (because Tex has more than Tom)

20/46 Hawkins goals against top 11 ~ 2.22 average a game from 9 matches vs top 11 sides
35/48 Walker goals against top 11 ~ 3.18 average a game from 11 matches vs top 11 sides
24/43 J Riewoldt goals against top 11 ~ 2.18 average a game from 11 matches vs top 11 sides

Last edited:
Score involvements (goal assists, too) is a bullshit stat. Muprhy, Gibbs, Kreuzer had 29 between them in a team that kicked 12 goals.
It seems you mix up "bullshit" with "stats Scotland doesn't understand"

Argument is right there

You don't make it when he kicks 6 goals at home against a possible wooden spoon team however.
OP better hope he puts on a very good show against the top two sides in the next two weeks.

Why is there two Josh Kennedy threads. I mean he´s good but he´s not that good unless one is meant to be for the Swans version.
WCE won the Judd trade.

Buddy had 13 scoring involvements today , could piss the coleman in if he wanted, no one would take kennedy ahead of him surely

Kennedy is great , especially at home v dud teams
Buddy is great in a team that has been propped up by systematic salary cap concessions and academy concessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:rolleyes:

10 players touch the ball in a chain they all get a score involvement. It's nonsense.
Seems like the exact definition of a score involvement (although your hyperbole is noted)

Like it's literally the definition of it...

OP better hope he puts on a very good show against the top two sides in the next two weeks.
Well kennedy often gets trashed about not preforming and being a downhill skiier, but hes not really. being the key forward in a team of flat track bullys your not going to get much chance to prove otherwise

Kicked 6 against the blues tonight and Lions, both home same as fremantle, 7 against the roo's

He kicked 5 goals away in a close loss to the saints, and 6 in a close loss against the pies both at ethiad, kicked 3 in the loss to the giants when he did his calf and was playing preetty well,

This year in particular he's beaten up some weak teams, had another horror game against us. He tends to kick 5-6 against some rubbish teams/

However he still contributes 3 goals a game against solid teams, Kicked 5 against us at home when they thrashed us, 5 against adelaide last year .The MCG excuse is weird because the Eagles might play on the G 3 times a year.

His main issue is The West coast eagles mid-field only looks elite against weak teams at home, away his delivery is shit-house, shorter grounds dont help him but he's still arguably the best KPP in the game

And he averages more a game vs finals aspirants which is a bigger + in my opinion.
Being a Geelong fan, how does Hawkins compare this year? Just curious because he seems to have a few hot and cold (and punchy) games.

Yes. And franklin averages 3.2 goals a game over his career compared to Kennedy at 2.5.
I don't know how many times in the last few years, in the other JK thread someone has posted right now, no one really thinks Kennedy has had a better career than Franklin.

But it's kind of silly to doubt Kennedy hasn't been the best forward of the last 2-3 years.

And he averages more a game vs finals aspirants which is a bigger + in my opinion.

Agreed, he may look like a home ground sniper but he does kick them at most grounds against most teams.

In a contest between the both there are no losers though, but I would take Kennedy for the cap relief and put another gun forward beside him rather then having to kick it most of the time to Buddy, and you know, sometimes to Sam Reid and Money Tippett too I suppose :p

The Hawks prove the point too, they are better without Buddy, more unpredictable, not sure the Eagles would be better without JJK, and for 7 rounds this year they pretty much proved it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back