Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA (and then there was one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's face it, he will end up with whoever offers the most $/years. Every other factor is pretty much off the table in FA negotiations and he has this one shot to set his family up long-term.

If Port offer more, that's where he will end up.

Being mates with Tex has no bearing whatsoever.
Which is why we have no reason not to up our offer to 5 years and using more of our cap space.

The same person who told me Luko has chosen Port has told me Crows thought they had Cumming locked away, but has since chosen Port. Let’s hope he’s wrong this time. So over This club if true
Seeing this from you is a kick in the guts, especially given your recent intel.

Let's face it, he will end up with whoever offers the most $/years. Every other factor is pretty much off the table in FA negotiations and he has this one shot to set his family up long-term.

If Port offer more, that's where he will end up.

Being mates with Tex has no bearing whatsoever.

I think in Perryman's case he could pick less money and go to Collingwood. There would be appeal in playing for a big Victorian Club that you supported.

I think in general your right but my guess is sometimes the player picks the club and the Manager gets them to up the price to get the deal done.

Was listening to a couple of pundits last night (I can't remember who) and they were discussing the situation at the power

They, like a lot of folk in media, believe Ken is a good coach and the problem is with their list. They again mentioned the approx bottom 5-6 players picked in the best 23 each week and their lack of depth

Their comments were essentially Ken has 1 year left on his contract. With a little luck and a few extra decent players it's a no-brainer to go all in for 2025. They're convinced Ken won't be offered another contract unless it's GF time

The comparison was Leon Cameron, who went into the last year of his contract with no notable changes to the list. His last year was really just going through the motions. Hence, he was sacked 8 weeks into the season. He and the club realised there was just no point him being there any longer

Picking up all of Cumming, Luko, Perryman and possibly Richardson (Coll)? all of a sudden gives 2025 meaning. And if doesn't work out they'll have time to plan for life post Ken

I don't know if that makes sense, it made sense to me listening to it

I guess what they were hinting at that in another year they may not have pushed as hard to sign all of these players. And by choosing to keep Ken on for the last year of his contract they don't have a choice

People say that, but obviously they aren’t.
JHF, Rozee, Butters would all be taking pretty huge salaries you’d think.

I know they drop off pretty quickly after that, but throw in a few recruits who surely would’ve had to have been lured with above market rates offers (think Rioli, Aliir, etc) and I’m puzzled as to how they can keep bringing more in each year.

The same person who told me Luko has chosen Port has told me Crows thought they had Cumming locked away, but has since chosen Port. Let’s hope he’s wrong this time. So over This club if true
Most rational players would choose PA over us if the $ amount was similar. They play regular finals, and we don't look like being there with the current structure for a few years. They have meltdowns losing GF's and all we look forward to is draft week. Their coach is always under the pump with supporters, and we resign our coach for more of the same. They always appear a destination club over us.:(

Yup, he’s the one who provided us with the selection news well before it was made public. Particularly Smith’s non selection his and disdain with said non selection
How did someone involved in player management have intel on selections? Same agency as Brodie Smith? Don't have to answer if that is confidential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we miss out on Cumming and go into next year with ANB, welsh and pick 4, I'd have to say I personally feel like we are in one of the darkest moments of out club. I know others may have felt it for a while, but it's the first time I've felt that wherever we look at the club, there is just dead ends.
Coach going nowhere.
Nothing from the board.
Nothing from the CEO.
Average List.
Low end assistants.
Nobody to step in an demand change.

Pretty depressing time to be a supporter.

I remember when Melbourne were shit, I respected those supporters who hung in there. I'm trying to do the same but it's so hard

Which means we need to understand better why Luko didn't want to go to the Crows.
In fairness, the appeal to Luko of playing another 8 years with Rozee is a bit different to Cumming playing 1 season with Tex.

If Cumming chooses us he'd be just the fifth player we've recruited in 20 years to meet these criteria
  1. Under the age of 28
  2. Best 22 at their original club

If we miss out on Cumming and go into next year with ANB, welsh and pick 4, I'd have to say I personally feel like we are in one of the darkest moments of out club. I know others may have felt it for a while, but it's the first time I've felt that wherever we look at the club, there is just dead ends.
Coach going nowhere.
Nothing from the board.
Nothing from the CEO.
Average List.
Low end assistants.

I remember when Melbourne were shit, I respected those supporters who hung in there. I'm trying to do the same but it's so hard
I will officially rate us as a shit club on every level. The hole is getting deeper and deeper and the ladder shorter and shorter.

Coach going nowhere.
Nothing from the board.
Nothing from the CEO.
Average List.
Low end assistants.

Yes absolutely. We've been shit before but never completely paralysed like this.

Coach going nowhere.
Nothing from the board.
Nothing from the CEO.
Average List.
Low end assistants.

and yet everything is fine and no change is needed in any of the above departments after a 15th-placed finish and no finals for 7 years

Once you realise success for us is nothing more than a pipe dream, it makes it a lot easier to just treat it as entertainment with little emotional impact.

Which means we need to understand better why Luko didn't want to go to the Crows.
And why Polec didn't want to play with Smith.

Obviously he turned out to be a disappointment, but it's not like we don't have form with missing targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA (and then there was one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back