MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Guilty, Isaac Heeney’s suspension has been upheld. He will miss this week’s game against North Melbourne and is ineligible for the 2024 Brownlow Medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting aside the comedy distractions like the Bushranger and Underarm- it's taken two pages for the discussion to arrive back at my point, posted 2 pages back.

It’s all in the wording of the directive - it says something like - ‘will USUALLY result in a grading of intentional’

I would argue this is not ‘usual’

- The tackling player CONTRIBUTED by slipping and this brought his head down to waist height

- the tackling player was actually ‘hanging on’ and Heeney’s clear intent was to clear the tackle, not strike the player

-Heeney was not watching the tackling player at poc.

- Contact was with the back of the hand and his nose was NOT the 1st POC.

There is simply no way the mechanics of this accident fall into the USUAL actions this rule was drawn up to prevent.

He’ll get off and we can all enjoy watching these poisonous bomber flogs calling for a lynching , burn up in the flames of their own straw arguments.
Turns out it wasn't so unusual after all.

lol how can anyone, even sydney fans, legitimately argue that turning and deliberately punching someone in the face, causing a bloody nose, isn't worthy of at least a week. he's honestly lucky it wasn't more than one

you lot are seriously taking the piss haha

he didn't deliberately do it.

But he still did it.

Guy has no dog in fight but yarps loudly

Guy prays he’ll get suspended to make him feel good.

Suspension occurs, guy seeks kudos.

Now that is ‘simple’.

just another neutral who likes seeing justice done.

I accepted Peter Wright got suspended, you should do the same.

Of course they will say 'look we are not afraid to rub out a browlow favourite'.

As long as he doesn't play for a vic team .

Clearly looks like he was trying to stop his jumper being pulled while leading and carelessly got him high .

Not like he jumped off the ground and KOed him

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back