MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

If the umpires actually did their job Heeney would have got a free kick 30 metres out for Webster's illegal scragging which was miles off the ball and nowhere near it

This just encourages more defenders to do it so if the retaliators trying to escape the illegal infringement make head eye contact accidentally they pay the punishment not the player who originally infringed

Last edited:

From what I have read, I canā€™t see how they can overturn this based on the Tribunal being unreasonable. The ban should stick.
What ? Like the Cripps unreasonable loophole Brownlow .. Heeney should be cleared. the guy was been molested and the ball was not even in the realms of his vicinity to be contested. Simples

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I have read, I canā€™t see how they can overturn this based on the Tribunal being unreasonable. The ban should stick.
yeah. the issue is the rule. The AFL was told this rule was bad, but they ignored it.

Accidents happen, on and off the ball. He was doing a football action(push off), something which happens hundreds of times. This time, the defender was lower than he should have been, after losing balance. If Webster got hit in the cheek, or chin, this would not have even been sighted. In the chest, we would be praising Heeney. But in the nose with blood....

The issue is the rule, and a lack of common sense in enforcing it. No player should get suspended for an action like that, which is very much accidental with circumstances allying to that fact. Again, it is the MRP punishing the outcome rather than the action. And the AFL are too stubborn to say they are wrong.

It is a terrible suspension..... And surely this confirms that the good bloke discount for Charlie Cameron was racially motivated. A bad day for the afl

Toby Greene and Zac Butters would be pissing themselves laughing at this. Been intentionally hitting blokes all year but this is what gets suspended..

I'd like the AFL to explain what an "unusual" contest is, where their new rule doesn't apply, but it'll probably just get quietly changed in Feb

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back