Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

I was pretty ignorant about the Palestine issue before 7th October, I had heard that they were treated as second class citizens, but my thought has always been that Israel is surrounded by people that hate them (which is true) so they need to be firm. I had seen part of a Louis Theroux show on Zionism in Israel but I never had an appreciation of what the Palestinians have been going through.

I didn't know about the Nakba
I didn't realize how bad the settlers were in the West Bank
I didn't know that the majority of Palestinians in Gaza are refugees that have either been ethnically cleansed from their home, or their parents / Grandparents were ethnically cleansed and they have spent their entire life as refugees.
All of it funded by tax dollars from the West, it's disgusting!

I was pretty ignorant about the Palestine issue before 7th October, I had heard that they were treated as second class citizens, but my thought has always been that Israel is surrounded by people that hate them (which is true) so they need to be firm. I had seen part of a Louis Theroux show on Zionism in Israel but I never had an appreciation of what the Palestinians have been going through.

I didn't know about the Nakba
I didn't realize how bad the settlers were in the West Bank
I didn't know that the majority of Palestinians in Gaza are refugees that have either been ethnically cleansed from their home, or their parents / Grandparents were ethnically cleansed and they have spent their entire life as refugees.
All of it funded by tax dollars from the West, it's disgusting!
All these western countries (Canada, US, Australia, UK, Sth Africa pre 94) saying Sorry about the way they treated indigenous people, then implementing, funding and supporting exactly the same thing being done to Palestinian people.

we should be outraged by the utter inhumanity and wilful cruelty. it’s been going on for months and the world largely watches. we should be ashamed

and the fascists in the admin who authorised this discriminatory action have no business in public administration.

and it’s wilful. the pollies know the details it’s more the powerful and influential israel lobby has them captured. weak, most of them.

And not just the disconnect between people and politicians. The younger generations who mostly use unfiltered social media are pretty much outraged at Israel’s actions as they’re seeing the reality on the ground. The older generations who get spoon fed what corporate media wants them spoon fed think Israel is still the good side.

Sending means selling in that case.
I was querying the "tax funded " thing, then edited my post when i realized it was american.

Selling can be complicated.
Being in a supply chain for an F35?
So they make spare parts to sell to the parent company who then distribute it.
Like if you made oil filters for cars all around the world, and some of them are in Israel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just wondering when it is technically correct to call this a genocide?

When all Palestinians are dead? When they are scattered in foreign refugee camps?

When?

Anyone?

I used to think that Genocide was when someone completely wiped a race out ( or near enough ).

But the definition is much less than that.
Any one of the five actions discussed here can constitute Genocide.
I figure that Israel have committed at least 3 of the five actions.

So i can't see how its not.

I used to think that Genocide was when someone completely wiped a race out ( or near enough ).

But the definition is much less than that.
Any one of the five actions discussed here can constitute Genocide.
I figure that Israel have committed at least 3 of the five actions.

So i can't see how its not.

Ironically it's the survival of the Jewish race and other genocide victims which meant the definition couldn't include the entire race. Otherwise, Germany could claim it was just trying to ethnically cleanse Europe, not kill every single Jew in the world.

Ironically, it's the argument many zionists are making now. They conflate Palestinians with Arabs and then say they're just trying to wipe all the "arabs" out of "Israel" and there's lots of the rest of the world for them to run to.

There's only a small percentage of media left in Israel and most of the rest of the world which isn't blaming Netanyahu for the lack of a ceasefire or hostage deal.

UK's new PM is almost certainly going to recognise Palestinian statehood following statements he's made post-election.

Are we really just as enslaved to Israel junkets or US foreign policy that we're going to be the last western nation to hold out on Palestinian statehood. If the UK recognise Palestine, it will make Albanese's position even the more stupid. Losing a valuable Senator for "solidarity" over a policy which goes against most of the world, nearly all the parties involved and the ALP's own party platform.

Ironically it's the survival of the Jewish race and other genocide victims which meant the definition couldn't include the entire race. Otherwise, Germany could claim it was just trying to ethnically cleanse Europe, not kill every single Jew in the world.

Ironically, it's the argument many zionists are making now. They conflate Palestinians with Arabs and then say they're just trying to wipe all the "arabs" out of "Israel" and there's lots of the rest of the world for them to run to.

The whole Arab / Palestinian thing is debatable. However given that they aren't allowing them into the rest of the world, its Genocide.

The whole Arab / Palestinian thing is debatable. However given that they aren't allowing them into the rest of the world, its Genocide.
The thing is that the people saying "Palestinians are Arabs" are Ethnically European. So it would make just as much sense for them to be ethnically cleansed back to Europe as for Palestinians to be ethnically cleansed into other Arab nations.

For a colonial project, it's an incredibly weak and stupid argument.

The thing is that the people saying "Palestinians are Arabs" are Ethnically European. So it would make just as much sense for them to be ethnically cleansed back to Europe as for Palestinians to be ethnically cleansed into other Arab nations.

For a colonial project, it's an incredibly weak and stupid argument.

The ethnicity of the area is many and varied. Genetically the indigenous people of Palestine, Syria, Jordan etc are very very similar.
In the end it doesn't matter. You shouldn't be killing them because of what they are.

I think this is the clause which seems to most likely categorise the Israeli's of committing genocide.
-------------

Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction Article II(c)

As part of the Native American genocide, the U.S. federal government promoted bison hunting for various reasons, including as a way of destroying the means of survival of Plains Indians to pressure them to remain on Indian reservations.[43]
The third prohibited act is distinguished from the genocidal act of killing because the deaths are not immediate (or may not even come to pass), but rather create circumstances that do not support prolonged life.[11] Due to the longer period of time before the actual destruction would be achieved, the ICTR held that courts must consider the duration of time the conditions are imposed as an element of the act.[44] In the 19th century the United States federal government supported the extermination of bison, which Native Americans in the Great Plains relied on as a source of food. This was done for various reasons, primarily to pressure them onto reservations during times of conflict. Some genocide experts describe this as an example of genocide that involves removing the means of survival.[43]

The ICTR provided guidance into what constitutes a violation of the third act. In Akayesu, it identified "subjecting a group of people to a subsistence diet, systematic expulsion from homes and the reduction of essential medical services below minimum requirement"[45] as rising to genocide. In Kayishema and Ruzindana, it extended the list to include: "lack of proper housing, clothing, hygiene and medical care or excessive work or physical exertion" among the conditions.[44] It further noted that, in addition to deprivation of necessary resources, rape could also fit within this prohibited act.[citation needed] In August 2023, founding chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) Luis Moreno Ocampo published a report presenting evidence that Azerbaijan was committing genocide against the ethnic Armenians of Artsakh Nagorno-Karabakh under Article II(c) of the Genocide Convention by placing their historic land under a comprehensive blockade, cutting all access to food, medical supplies, electricity, gas, internet, and stopping all movement of people to and from Armenia.[46]

And not just the disconnect between people and politicians. The younger generations who mostly use unfiltered social media are pretty much outraged at Israel’s actions as they’re seeing the reality on the ground. The older generations who get spoon fed what corporate media wants them spoon fed think Israel is still the good side.
this is the only hope i have for it improving in the future.

The ethnicity of the area is many and varied. Genetically the indigenous people of Palestine, Syria, Jordan etc are very very similar.
In the end it doesn't matter. You shouldn't be killing them because of what they are.

I think this is the clause which seems to most likely categorise the Israeli's of committing genocide.
-------------

Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction Article II(c)

As part of the Native American genocide, the U.S. federal government promoted bison hunting for various reasons, including as a way of destroying the means of survival of Plains Indians to pressure them to remain on Indian reservations.[43]
The third prohibited act is distinguished from the genocidal act of killing because the deaths are not immediate (or may not even come to pass), but rather create circumstances that do not support prolonged life.[11] Due to the longer period of time before the actual destruction would be achieved, the ICTR held that courts must consider the duration of time the conditions are imposed as an element of the act.[44] In the 19th century the United States federal government supported the extermination of bison, which Native Americans in the Great Plains relied on as a source of food. This was done for various reasons, primarily to pressure them onto reservations during times of conflict. Some genocide experts describe this as an example of genocide that involves removing the means of survival.[43]

The ICTR provided guidance into what constitutes a violation of the third act. In Akayesu, it identified "subjecting a group of people to a subsistence diet, systematic expulsion from homes and the reduction of essential medical services below minimum requirement"[45] as rising to genocide. In Kayishema and Ruzindana, it extended the list to include: "lack of proper housing, clothing, hygiene and medical care or excessive work or physical exertion" among the conditions.[44] It further noted that, in addition to deprivation of necessary resources, rape could also fit within this prohibited act.[citation needed] In August 2023, founding chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) Luis Moreno Ocampo published a report presenting evidence that Azerbaijan was committing genocide against the ethnic Armenians of Artsakh Nagorno-Karabakh under Article II(c) of the Genocide Convention by placing their historic land under a comprehensive blockade, cutting all access to food, medical supplies, electricity, gas, internet, and stopping all movement of people to and from Armenia.[46]
Not these two?

1. Killing members of the group;
  2. Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

Remove this Banner Ad

Back