Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon if Iran managed to take out some F-35s at that air base, Israel would be quite worried.

Netanyahu looked and sounded quite shaky at his propaganda conference. Probably just forgot his warm jacket, yeah?

doubtful.

didn't sound shaky to me, each to their own opinion though.

I think if Iran were to begin an offensive with the intent to destroy Israeli cities....you would see very quickly that Iran would wither under the military force it would face. Israel has only sipped the head of its military capability.
Yes, no doubt.
If Iran began to do to Israel what Israel has done to Gaza and now Lebanon, then it would face serious destruction. This is why (in my opinion) they have been extremely cautious about retaliating against Israel. In the scenario where Iran gets rained upon militarily, I think Israel will likewise be destroyed.

Yes, no doubt.
If Iran began to do to Israel what Israel has done to Gaza and now Lebanon, then it would face serious destruction. This is why (in my opinion) they have been extremely cautious about retaliating against Israel. In the scenario where Iran gets rained upon militarily, I think Israel will likewise be destroyed.
The price of oil goes to $200+ a barrel if Iran and Israel go to war. The first thing Iran do in a war is choke off global oil supplies and Iranians fill up their generators and personal storage.

Inflation will be as bad or worse as the start of the Ukraine war.

Apart from the civilian victims directly and indirectly of the war, the toll it would take on the economies of the western world would be huge. Harris can't afford for Israel to go to war with Iran before this election. The price already went up 10% since Iran's strike.

Only Israeli supporters measure attacks in body count. The real measure is taking out military capability. That's why they attacked airfields, and it's why Israel aren't saying how many soldiers and weapons were removed (or why Hezbollah and Hamas don't report that either).

Isn't that one aspect of how one assesses military operations though? You usually hear total deaths and then the civilian deaths after it?

Anyone who thinks Saudi, Jordan, Egypt and others in the region will join with Iran against Israel are deluded
They won't officially join Iran, but if all-out war starts in the region, any monarch who sides with Israel is putting a suicide bombing target on their backs. Jordan and Saudis in particular.

Jordan had an election a month ago and the Islamic Action Front won the most seats, the PM resigned and the King appointed his Chief of Staff in the interim. All reports are that it was a referendum on the Jordan/Israel peace treaty and the people voted against it. The King will not be wanting an Arab Spring popular uprising, which support for Israel could bring.

They won't officially join Iran, but if all-out war starts in the region, any monarch who sides with Israel is putting a suicide bombing target on their backs. Jordan and Saudis in particular.

Jordan had an election a month ago and the Islamic Action Front won the most seats, the PM resigned and the King appointed his Chief of Staff in the interim. All reports are that it was a referendum on the Jordan/Israel peace treaty and the people voted against it. The King will not be wanting an Arab Spring popular uprising, which support for Israel could bring.
They won't take any sides ... war is happening at the moment and not one has budged .... they will condemn Israel verbally and that will be it .... they aren't joining the fight

Yes, no doubt.
If Iran gets rained upon by Israel .... Iran won't be able to retaliate

Israel would have a extremely high understanding of military targets inside Iran and they have the means to take them out .... plenty of groups within Persia that would happily see the current government taken down .... plenty of other countries in the region would be quietly happy as well

If Iran gets rained upon by Israel .... Iran won't be able to retaliate

Israel would have a extremely high understanding of military targets inside Iran and they have the means to take them out .... plenty of groups within Persia that would happily see the current government taken down .... plenty of other countries in the region would be quietly happy as well
I think you're over-estimating Israel's ability to strike Iran. Israel don't have a lot of re-fuelling planes (why would they?) and Iran is well outside the range of their fighters/bombers.

They've flown a lot of missions to hit Iranian targets in Syria and Lebanon and Iraq, but very few into Iran.

They have a good understanding of targets, but they don't have the means to take them out in a large scale strike on Iran itself.

The price of oil goes to $200+ a barrel if Iran and Israel go to war. The first thing Iran do in a war is choke off global oil supplies and Iranians fill up their generators and personal storage.

Inflation will be as bad or worse as the start of the Ukraine war.

Apart from the civilian victims directly and indirectly of the war, the toll it would take on the economies of the western world would be huge. Harris can't afford for Israel to go to war with Iran before this election. The price already went up 10% since Iran's strike.

Do Iran get to dictate OPEC oil prices?

I think if the latest footage shows anything, it shows that if Iran wanted to destroy the cities of Israel and slaughter civilians like the Israelis are currently doing to the Palestinians and Lebanese then they would be able to and there is nothing Israel can do to stop it.
For delusional, trolling, or just trying to incite a response to set this thread on fire, see above.

I think you're over-estimating Israel's ability to strike Iran. Israel don't have a lot of re-fuelling planes (why would they?) and Iran is well outside the range of their fighters/bombers.

They've flown a lot of missions to hit Iranian targets in Syria and Lebanon and Iraq, but very few into Iran.

They have a good understanding of targets, but they don't have the means to take them out in a large scale strike on Iran itself.

If it was to come to that, their submarines would probably be the best bet.
I'm guessing someone would know if they went through the Suez though, and the Gulf countries mightn't like it if they launched missiles from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep thinking that

IDF Spokesperson said -

"This attack will have consequences. We have plans, and we will operate at the place and time we decide,"

Just because they haven't decided to hit Iran yet doesn't mean they can't ...... on a large scale

Do Iran get to dictate OPEC oil prices?
By proxy via the straits of Hormuz, through which 30% of the worlds' oil passes, right past Iran.

If Iran is at war, the price goes up.

The 1979 oil crisis was because of the Iranian revolution and then the Iran/Iraq war.

If there's an Iran/Israel war, Iran can strike from proxies in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon as well as from Iran like yesterday.

Israel trying to fight a war on that many fronts would be madness. And while the US might put up with it during Biden's lame duck period and while oil prices aren't high. If oil prices spike more inflation and recession, the US will have to make a choice to join the war that nobody else in the world will support, even Australia. Or abandon Israel. Either way, it'll be a global disaster.

The only hope of avoiding that is for Israel to actually de-escalate.

Keep thinking that

IDF Spokesperson said -

"This attack will have consequences. We have plans, and we will operate at the place and time we decide,"

Just because they haven't decided to hit Iran yet doesn't mean they can't ...... on a large scale
Yeah, they also said they shot the missiles all down and they were completely ineffective.

But I do believe they will escalate again. Perhaps this puts their invasion of Lebanon on the back-burner, though.

Yeah, they also said they shot the missiles all down and they were completely ineffective.

But I do believe they will escalate again. Perhaps this puts their invasion of Lebanon on the back-burner, though.

What do the Lebanese in general want?
To me it must be equivalent to having Pauline Hanson's one nation party launching missiles into Indonesia , then having the Indonesians invade to stop it.

Obviously the real solution would be not to let the radicals do that, easier said than done in Lebanon.

To me it must be equivalent to having Pauline Hanson's one nation party launching missiles into Indonesia , then having the Indonesians invade to stop it.

Obviously the real solution would be not to let the radicals do that, easier said than done in Lebanon.

They want Israel to stop the genocide.

Israel (and/or US) is the only ones that can stop these wars.

The Sunni and the Shia in Lebanon are against Israel. The christians are seen as collaborators with Israel (because they have been in the past invasions).

That's why the first thing to happen after the invasion will be very bad for Christians in Lebanon. And the next likely thing is that the power-sharing agreement is torn up to leave the radicals in charge.

Don't listen to what Israeli propagandists say about the Lebanese wanting liberation. They do not want Israelis in Lebanon. They remember the massacres of the 80's which the Israelis and Christian militias carried out.

1727855272346.png

Would it mean that Iran stop arming their proxies and renounce their holy aim to liquidate them?

As opposed to Israel's holy aim to colonise and ethnic cleanse much of the region?

What's the difference? Who has done the most killing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back