It's not a classic anecdote, is it? - Not a classic, no. No.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are your non-exciting stories about meeting, or nearly meeting famous cricketers?

1996, Country Carnival in Adelaide. Darren Lehmann made a sponsors appearance at the pub most of the players were staying at. 20 year old me bumped into him and nearly knocked his beer over as he left the bar.

Ray Bright once spoke to me. I asked for his autograph when he was fielding on the fence (I would have been about 9). I didn't have my autograph book open at the right page, and the bowler was turning around. Ray actually spoke the words "quick, quick, quick, quick".

Bought a bat from James Brayshaw at Rowe and Jarman in Adelaide. He wouldn't let me get the Gray Nicholls Powerspot I wanted but couldn't lift, but sold me a Dean Jones autograph County bat. It was a cannon!!

24adc257-a438-4ae7-a413-5c668e29a9ec_text.gif

What are your non-exciting stories about meeting, or nearly meeting famous cricketers?

1996, Country Carnival in Adelaide. Darren Lehmann made a sponsors appearance at the pub most of the players were staying at. 20 year old me bumped into him and nearly knocked his beer over as he left the bar.

Ray Bright once spoke to me. I asked for his autograph when he was fielding on the fence (I would have been about 9). I didn't have my autograph book open at the right page, and the bowler was turning around. Ray actually spoke the words "quick, quick, quick, quick".

Bought a bat from James Brayshaw at Rowe and Jarman in Adelaide. He wouldn't let me get the Gray Nicholls Powerspot I wanted but couldn't lift, but sold me a Dean Jones autograph County bat. It was a cannon!!

View attachment 1595002
I have heard that Ray bright was a bit of a prick to his teammates?

Can anyone confirm?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not a classic anecdote, is it? - Not a classic, no. No.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back