List Mgmt. It's official. Clarkson says: "The Hawks are rebuilding."

Remove this Banner Ad

And finally Burton. By all accounts it looks like he will make a successful recovery from his horrible knee injury and if he reaches his potential will be an absolute steal for us. I'm probably dreaming but I still can't shake the feeling that he will manage to make his AFL debut this year and be a factor come finals.

I feel like this might happen too. He could totally change the team if he manages to get his body right and come into the team in thecsecond half of the year. Anybody know his status?

Burtons few games in the seconds showed a lot of promise and he will get back this year, just not in the firsts.

Next year though, watch out. We took a risk but I truley believe we took the best player of that draft.

We took a risk but I truley believe we took the best player of that draft.

Could you please elaborate why you think this is so...

I am excited by Burton too. He had me at that nonchalant debut goal for Box Hill right on the 50mtr arc near the boundary line. But surely there are more reasons..

JOM im cautiously optimistic with. I respect that it sounds as though you have some inside knowledge.

I let the whole Danger/Bennell/Carlisle hype suck me in last off season so ill wait to be pleasantly surprised.

You also mentioned a smokey?

Heard Wright on the Road to Draft podcast say that they have little cap space to play with. Is the 2nd statement more wishful thinking or solid intel?
Solid mate. Can't say much more. Maybe Grizzlym might ...

Could you please elaborate why you think this is so...

I am excited by Burton too. He had me at that nonchalant debut goal for Box Hill right on the 50mtr arc near the boundary line. But surely there are more reasons..
Sure. I'm usually very wary of overrating players but I have been following Burton for a while and his is the most exited I have been by one of our draftees since Cyril.

Before he had his injury he was considered a potential number one and a top 5 certainty and even with the injury many thought he would still go top 10 but fortunately for us he slid a bit. This shows that he was very highly rated by many.

But for me personally this isn't the reason I'm so exited by him. He will become a midfielder with great height that can dominate in the middle and also go foward and take strong marks and hit the scoreboard. He his a fantastic disposal on both sides of the body and has brilliant awareness. But most importantly he has a brilliant footy IQ, he just understand the game, something that can't be taught.

If you can get some footage of him on YouTube you'll start to see we have a prodigious talent on our hand.

Of course the injury is an issue and we will have to be patient, he has look nervous about it at times. Stringer had a similar one and he said it took him 2 years since he felt comfortable again.

That goal you mentioned is something we will hopefully seeing a lot of in the future.

This is what i find frustrating. We now have a couple of former Hawthorn employees in AFL administration and things still don't look promising.
Lol. I doubt where they previously worked will have any bearing for their decisions when it come to advantaging Hawthorn. In fact they will probably not favour hawthorn as to not look biased.

Brad Crouch? 90% sure he'll be at Hawthorn next year.

Struggling to get a game at Adelaide not for a lack of talent.

No doubting he is a gun but does he work hard enough? Probably not

Would Hawthorn take a risk on him? Yes

They would definitely back themselves in to get the best out of him.

Any credible source for this?

Struggling to get a game at Adelaide not for a lack of talent.

No doubting he is a gun but does he work hard enough? Probably not

Would Hawthorn take a risk on him? Yes

They would definitely back themselves in to get the best out of him.

Any credible source for this?
Ralph said (think someone else but not sure) he's manger met with both North and Hawks. Seeing he was a Hawks supporter growing up and we need a player like him I think this trade looks likely.

What would you say he's worth?

I feel like this might happen too. He could totally change the team if he manages to get his body right and come into the team in thecsecond half of the year. Anybody know his status?

I really hope we arent so desperate that we rush him back. They extended his contract to encourage him to make the smart long-term decision with his surgery.

We want him 100% during the pre-season and ready for 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope we arent so desperate that we rush him back. They extended his contract to encourage him to make the smart long-term decision with his surgery.

We want him 100% during the pre-season and ready for 2017.
If he progresses with his rehab and increased training load without issues he will get some time at box hill this year, from there it all depends on performance and how the leg holds up

Ralph said (think someone else but not sure) he's manger met with both North and Hawks. Seeing he was a Hawks supporter growing up and we need a player like him I think this trade looks likely.

Probably a first round pick IMO.
Adelaide gave up enough for him to secure him in the mini draft.

If Hawthorn could get two second round picks I would think that would be enough as then Adelaide would be able to trade with GWS for Collingwood's first round pick (Treloar trade) which then would see GWS have enough points for their academy selections.

That would be the best case scenario for all involved. Thoughts?

Probably a first round pick IMO.
Adelaide gave up enough for him to secure him in the mini draft.

If Hawthorn could get two second round picks I would think that would be enough as then Adelaide would be able to trade with GWS for Collingwood's first round pick (Treloar trade) which then would see GWS have enough points for their academy selections.

That would be the best case scenario for all involved. Thoughts?
I think our first round would be likely. Maybe also a exchange of late picks to sweeten the deal slightly for the Crows.
I think he is a great talent although unproven at this stage and we should expect to give up something good for him.

John Ralph has less credibility than Kim Hagdorn

And on the basis of that you are prepared to say you are 90% sure he will be at Hawthorn next year?

John Ralph has less credibility than Kim Hagdorn
I know I'm in the minority but I rate Ralph.

And on the basis of that you are prepared to say you are 90% sure he will be at Hawthorn next year?
Few others things. He's reportedly unhappy the the Crows, We're are looking to give him a good offer, that's a definite and he fits our needs very well.

Nothing is a certainty but this is more likely the not. More will come out about this.

Only danger is North. Very unlikely he signs with Adelaide.

If he progresses with his rehab and increased training load without issues he will get some time at box hill this year, from there it all depends on performance and how the leg holds up

Agree. Any niggles at all and they'll shut down his training /game time immediately. They'll be super cautious until the end of the year as realistically 2017 is expected to be Ryan's breakout year. Anything he does this year would be a bonus.

Also, just hearing that Woodward is about to resume playing again in the Dev Squad.

Hope he pulls a Menzel and shows us what he can actually do. At 23 he is exactly what we need over the next few years.

I can respect the need for low expectations as with Burton but I hope he can translate his VFL dominance across to the seniors.

Our future looks quite bright and if we can add a fit JOM and/or Crouch to our midfield in 2017 then we will bounce back up from the depths of this transitional PREMIERSHIP season quite quickly.

Added a word for you.

Transitional Premiership. Could you imagine..........

Added a word for you.

Transitional Premiership. Could you imagine..........
I can
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Wow people. We have blooded 7 kids this year. Given them a taste of the big stage. Played them in big games and I think they have been amazing. We had a new spine basically with tob. Sicilly and brand all showing some somethings .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. It's official. Clarkson says: "The Hawks are rebuilding."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back