It's official - Watts to St Kilda pick 17

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know how bad we are at trading, in fact I suspect Essendon is counting on it. I don't think Cole is worth Essendon's frist pick probably around 12 to 15 would be about right.

If they cannot deliver I am quite happy for the club to delist him and put him in the PSD. Enough is enough, time to make a stand.

ComicStoreGuy said:
How is it not a Smart move, Cole for pick 1 is still trading on potenial is that still a bad move?
Watts can't break into the Adelaide forward line, which isn't all that flash. Up until this year Cole had been good.

He has boarded with a Bomber board member in the past (not sure of his current circumstances) and was to be picked up by the Bombers when he was first drafted. However, the Pies drafted him first. It's as obvious as the day is light that Cole has wanted out all year, and playing at the top of his game was never going to help his cause.

Not a bad deal. Previos threads have posted rumours about The Pav heading south. Any chance of pick 17 being part of a deal to the dockers potentially involving perrie or am i just another hopless crows fan dreaming?

MJ101 said:
Not a bad deal. Previos threads have posted rumours about The Pav heading south. Any chance of pick 17 being part of a deal to the dockers potentially involving perrie or am i just another hopless crows fan dreaming?

The second one.

Pavlich would require pick 1 to 3 plus another in the top 10; AT LEAST!

Will not happen, I still bleed over the McKee Roach deal over Pav so I know where you are coming from.

sante said:
Crows should trade that pick to Richmond for Tivendale :p

I don't see why STK need Watts, they have Kosi, Gehrig, Riewoldt and Hamill

Gehrig is 29, Hudghton 29 and Hamill 28. So getting an extra big bloke is handy. Also gives them a lot of flexability ... they can play Riewoldt on the wing and Kosi in the ruck now and Watts at CHF.

B-Rock said:
If Fergus Watts is worth a first round draft pick, how can anyone suggest Daniel Motlop isnt?

Watts has been around two years, not five. Watts, while perhaps a mummy's boy, is not an injury-prone head case.

Don't forget that Watts is also a key position player, without deficiencies in either height or strength.

First trade sets the frame of reference. The fact that the saints have been royally stitched up giving away their first pick for a meat bomb who happens to be their CEO's son doesn't come into it. The standard has been set :eek:

In a different year, you can argue that Cole isn't worth a first round pick.

However, he's young; has played some very good football in the past with the potential to be a valuable midfielder and has years ahead of him.

You reckon Watt's value is up because he's a KPP? Doesn't he actually have to be a good KPP to be worth anything? An the Juries still out on him.

MJ101 said:

not a dream...more like fantasy

Weaver said:
Gehrig is 29, Hudghton 29 and Hamill 28. So getting an extra big bloke is handy. Also gives them a lot of flexability ... they can play Riewoldt on the wing and Kosi in the ruck now and Watts at CHF.

We also have psitzer (sp?) But it probably means the end for Stone and Brooks. I expect the rest of any drafts/trades to be focused around midfields ; powell/thompson/peckett/harvey only have a year left probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stui magpie said:
First trade sets the frame of reference. The fact that the saints have been royally stitched up giving away their first pick for a meat bomb who happens to be their CEO's son doesn't come into it. The standard has been set :eek:

However, he's young; has played some very good football in the past with the potential to be a valuable midfielder and has years ahead of him.

You reckon Watt's value is up because he's a KPP? Doesn't he actually have to be a good KPP to be worth anything? An the Juries still out on him.

Well thats called trading on potential

Bueller said:
If you are saying he is worth more, you are trading on potential, which usually isn't a smart move.

But these are trades for draft picks which themselves are used for picking up players with potential.

stui magpie said:

Ok then I'll trade you Powell for T.Cloke.

And we see it every year. Big young blokes get overrated, Jolly for 15 turned out great for Syd, but we all thought they got screwed. 29 for Johnson was a bargain for WC as he's not worth that. Maybe it's the whole "big blokes play best at 25-30 years old" idea...

Ment to be a bit weak in comparison to other years in this years draft as well... there aren't said to be many superstars that stand out like in previous years..

I think if this is true trading rather than going into the draft with a 17th pick isn't a bad deal.....

what would other teams trade for pick 33 + either Troy Schwarze or Brent Guerra? or even both??

ComicStoreGuy said:
Ok then I'll trade you Powell for T.Cloke.

:D :D :D

******** Yeah, not a problem!!!!

Which pub are you performing at? I love good stand up comedy, I'll come along and have a look.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's official - Watts to St Kilda pick 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back