It's time for Brent Harvey to hand over captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
In a lot of his performances this year he has really struggled. Last night was a perfect example. The way he carried on also was very poor.
At his age he probably has 1-2 seasons left max. Why not give one of there younger brigade a chance to lead - they should have moved on to the new leadership with Brad Scott's arrival.
Or does his continual selection of captain highlight a concerning lack of leadership candidates at north?

At first I couldn't think of one damn player to hand it to. Then Swallow smashed into my thoughts and I thought 'of course'.

But then, could this impact his own performance? He is an All Australian IMO and would be sad to see the stress of captaining this rudderless club hamper his performances on field.

He'll hand it over once his career is finished.
3 years ago?

He is useless and should not play again, They have real talent and real young good fellas who have a dip every game.

Go hard and play tuff, he never has and never will. But you can bet he still points his dimond finger and asks when other do not go harder for him to get the ball and look good.

Andrew Swallow or Drew Petrie will be our captain in 2012. Bookmark it.

Harvey's a champ but I get the sense that even he knows its time to pass the torch on.

Dual captains ?

If so sound good both top line players.

By the way Harvey is not a champ in any way at all. He is a squib and a front runner who picks on the kids that have a dip. He showed he does not have the class to captain a club that has so much heart with a heartless captain.

Nth have so much upside with such a great young list they do not need him holding them back.

Just because you have skill does not mean you do not go in or chase when it's your turn and he never has.

Have never had love for Brent Harvey and a huge fan of Swallow he's fantastic to watch. He's also extremely well spoken and polished.

North could do worse than appoint him captain.

Harvey can still add value to the Roos though, but it was great to watch the umpires not get sucked in by his tactics. :)

Play footy properly Harves, he's always been good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can't argue with that. could also see him playing better without the weight of the captaincy in the last couple seasons of his career. always struggles against the saints though for whatever reason.
definitely hand it over to swallow or petrie.

We weren't exactly blessed with leadership options when he took over, and agree with most here its time to hand it over.

he's a good captain when up and about, but when his own game goes missing he really struggles in a leadership role.

his game last night was poor. his behavior even worse. he slaps dempster off play, starts a melee. cops a way ward fist from goddard and then goes off crying to the umps to dob goddard in. all that was missing was a dive. speaks volumes for the character of the bloke imo.

his game last night was poor. his behavior even worse. he slaps dempster off play, starts a melee. cops a way ward fist from goddard and then goes off crying to the umps to dob goddard in. all that was missing was a dive. speaks volumes for the character of the bloke imo.

I'm not a great rap for Harvey either but I cant believe I am reading that a St Kilda supporter is complaining about a captain diving and also crying to the umps for free kicks!!!

FFS, your bloke has built a big reputation for similar antics. Bulldogs supporters will never forget the diving weak antics by your captain in the 2009 preliminary final.

Bulldogs supporters will never forget the diving weak antics by your captain in the 2009 preliminary final.

Actually they have nothing better to remember. In fact it was your moron fullback that cost you a flag, but hey, at least he gave us a chance. :)

Every game he has played he dives.

the guy is filthy.

If only we had a clean captain who gets rubbed out for eye gougi ... sorry ... using pressure point tactics.

Bulldogs supporters will never forget the diving weak antics by your captain in the 2009 preliminary final.

You don't have to tell us mate. The fact that whenever the Saints and Dogs are being discussed numerous Dogs supporters bring it up to have a strong whinge is enough to let us know that your supporters will never let it slide.

Every player has milked a free at some point. Get over it

Remove this Banner Ad

It's time for Brent Harvey to hand over captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back