Toast Ivan Maric - Thank you and best of luck

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Best, to the bigfella Ivan. You always played wth great aggresion and absolute commitment.
To all the Richmond fans out there sayin this bloke is no better than Graham you are clearly mistaken. Ivan will become the heart and soul of Richmond very quickly, a favourite amongst players and fans.

All the best Bigfella, and thanks!

I think I actually have a favourite player from another club now.

I feel sick.

Same here. I honestly haven't felt this sad at a loss of a player since Modra. That is how much i loved the guy. Still, i wish him all the best and hope he becomes the standout player for them, if he doesn't, at least you know it won't be for lack of trying.

Thanks for everything Ivan.

I hope he tears it up with the Tigers even against us and has a long career.

Must be one of the most popular all-time favourite Crows player amongst supporters and one of only a handfull of players who leave a Club and still retain the best wishes.

Good luck mate. Always gave your all for this side, ripper bloke and loved a good goal celebration too!

His move to the Tigers is the right decision for his career.

Well done Adelaide supporters for sending off one of your players with such decency and respect, we had a few of you over at the Richmond board and they were very positive about Maric, hope this is one of those win win win trades where all clubs and players do well out of it :thumbsu:

Very sad to see the big Eeeeevvaaannn go, but absolutely understand his reasons for seeking "better" opportunities elsewhere, always been a big favourite of mine, loved his passion and 100% commitment to the AFC on and off the field.

I'm sure I'll watch every game Richmond play from now on just to keep an eye on the big fella, hope you get to have a long and personally satisfying time at the RFC Ivan. :thumbsu:

Good luck to the big Ivan, always loved his passion and his character, gave his all, hope he continues to have a successful AFL career at Richmond:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thread Stiffy, I echo your thoughts.

Sad to see Ivan go, a true clubman, will be the first to defend his mates. Leaves it all out there for his club.

All the best Ivan!!! :thumbsu: I'm glad he's gone to Richmond as they are probably my 2nd favourite club, I love watching them play. Tear it up at the Tigers!

Ome of the best guys in the club to chat with after a game at the Shed. Gonna miss the big lug. Hope he tears it up against every side but us.

Richmond supporters, remember his name is Ivan, not Ivan.

Maybe he will tear up after he plays us. Rather than tear it up during the game. Bit like Ivan and Ivan there...

Best of luck to the big guy though. Great clubman, sub rule killed his AFC career. Hope he does really well at the Tiges!

Great to see the Adelaide supporters giving him a warm send off.

I must admit, I have never noticed him that much in the past and couldn't understand why Dimma wanted him so much. But after reading this thread I now know what the fuss is all about. Dimma expects 100% effort especially on the defensive side and that is what this bloke will give. A common trait with our other trade, Steven Morris; guys that give their all at the contest.

Finally the RFC is growing some big kahunas and wont be someone's b*tch.

Thank you Adelaide.

Goodluck Ivan

My favourite moment was when he played against Essendon ('Phoons 300th game)...kicked a snap goal and then done the celebratory sprint along the pocket fence to the stunned mullet open jawed bummer supporters!:thumbsu:

I'll miss him although he didnt figure much this year - I liked his grunt

Question has to be asked though: is he a good ruckman though? And is he better than our current ruckmen?

Solid and yes.

Still needs to develop week in week out consistency - he's prone to shockers from time to time (and I mean shockers) which has betrayed his good form otherwise. Doesn't have much of a leap so don't expect much at centre-square stuff, but boundary throw-ins/stoppages he's more than capable. Offers a bit around the ground and is quite a good forward. Can kick a goal and is pretty reliable by hand and foot.

You're not getting a gun but you are getting a proven AFL player who is an enormous competitor and still has a bit of improvement left in him that should come with a permanent no.1 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back