News Ivan Soldo's trade to St Kilda falls through

Remove this Banner Ad

According to 7News, Soldo and Becirevic were interstate attending an engagement party. The football club did invite Soldo to attend the John Cahill Medal awards night. News of Soldo’s decision to skip the awards night did not sit well with Collingwood legend Nathan Buckley. The former Magpies coach described the annual best and fairest events held by football clubs as “sacrosanct”. “I cannot for the life of me fathom why a player who has represented a club and shared the blood, sweat and tears of that season with his teammates does not go to a best and fairest,” Buckley told SEN Breakfast.
“That is the culmination of the last 12 months of work. Just go. It makes no sense not to go. You can work your schedule around it. “That is of one a handful of days or occasions that you should be there for the football club. “Individuals and their sense of self worth or they’re wounded in some shape or another, get over it. You’ve signed on to a football club. You’ve signed on to a group of people to commit mind, body and soul and your talent alongside everyone else’s talent to win a premiership and to further the club. “Best and fairests are sacrosanct. You must get there.”

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes was also scathing of Soldo’s behaviour and described the former Tigers premiership player as “one of the more disappointing recruits Port Adelaide has ever had”. “The Saints have dodged a bullet here,” Cornes said on Channel 9’s Footy Furnace in a conversation with Morris. “So not only are they worried about the knee. They’d have to be worried about his character. I know… you reported that they (Power) are happy to have him back. I’m not certain of that. “And certainly, Ivan doesn’t want to go back. He’s got to really look at the way he’s carried himself at Port Adelaide and the character that he is.

“There’s certainly questions whether he fits into a team environment at a football club. He didn’t go to the best and fairest. He came to Port Adelaide to be the number one ruckman, but he was superseded by Jordon Sweet. So the minute it got a little too hard he wanted out. And he wanted out before he had a destination. Cornes went on to say: “He’s certainly one of the more disappointing recruits Port Adelaide has ever had. I’d be worried for his career and the way he’s accepted back into the team environment at Port Adelaide.”

At least it is closer to Dubai
Apparently hIs "influencer" partner, who couldn't stand living in Adelaide, is back in Australia after finding out that being an air hostess isn't the glamour job she thought it would be. My understanding is she's moved back to the Gold Coast.

Apparently hIs "influencer" partner, who couldn't stand living in Adelaide, is back in Australia after finding out that being an air hostess isn't the glamour job she thought it would be. My understanding is she's moved back to the Gold Coast.
lol - being an air hostess is a shit job. What was she thinking?

It evens out because neither Sweet or Dante would be on big money.

One thing I'm not concerned in the slightest is Port's ability to manage the cap. They're arguably the best in the league at that.

Yes and he passed to my knowledge, though they're bailing because they thought they'd get him cheaper given his knee injury.

I suspect his manager has been playing funny business and it's toppled over.

Won't be surprised to see him elsewhere next year though.
Just found out he hasn't had the medical

lol - being an air hostess is a shit job. What was she thinking?
Well they get to take the glamorous Instagram pics at the destinations they fly to... she's probably thinking thats what the life is like.
Completely missing the fact that the instagram feeds don't include the actual work part and the shitty hotels at the destinations, or even the shitty destinations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leave Soldo out for hard rubbish collection. Someone might be willing to take him for nothing if they don't get too long to study him. He's poisoned his own nest at Port and we need to delist more players to participate in the draft anyway. Currently have no selections available for the draft after delisting McCallam to make list room for Logan Evans and reserving two list spots in the hope of adding Lukosius and Richards to the squad with the list spaces opened up from the retirements of Dixon and McKenzie.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Ivan Soldo's trade to St Kilda falls through

Remove this Banner Ad

Back