Jacinta Allan - How long can she keep the wool over the populace's eyes

Remove this Banner Ad

In the lower house it is the same as everywhere else

In the upper house voters can still number every box and therefore retain total control over their preferences

But group voting tickets should be abolished, and Victoria is the only state that has them now (for those who don't know, in the Victorian upper house if you number only one box above the line, the party you voted for then gets to direct your preferences).

My strong advice to all voters in Victoria: number every box in the Legislative Council.
yes the group voting tickets should be abolished and Labor promised to do it but strangely haven't across what three terms now?

my point was that the group voting tickets do exist in victoria and people are lazy

From February this year:

"...CFMEU and its allied construction shops becoming the biggest donors to the Victorian branch..."
"The CFMEU’s biggest contribution of all the states was Victoria..."
"The Andrews government denied there was any deal with the CFMEU in return for donations."

I wonder why Jacinta has no comment?

Jacinta's husband was a senior CFMEU official and Setka attended her fathers funeral.

Her political career is almost dead, there's going to be a mountain of information uncovered from IBAC that even the strongest ALP supporters could only very flimsily describe as "conflict of interest" when it comes to Jacinta's relationship with the CFMEU and her role as the Big Build Minister/State Premier and the "non-action" bordering on blatant corruption that's occured.

Last edited:

Jacinta's husband was a senior CFMEU official and Setka attended her fathers funeral.
And only 3 weeks ago when Setka went ballistic over the AFL and Steve McBurney, Jacinta when asked for her opinion about what Setka had said wouldn't utter a bad word about him, just something glib and completely irrelevant, "workers are entitled to feel safe in the work place".

This, and the fact she had received at least two formal complaints about the CFMEU in 2022 and did nothing on one and claims to have notified Police of the other 12 months later, tells me she is so full of shit. Pretending to be the toughest leader in Australia when it comes to union thuggery....PLEEEEEEEASE!

And only 3 weeks ago when Setka went ballistic over the AFL and Steve McBurney, Jacinta when asked for her opinion about what Setka had said wouldn't utter a bad word about him, just something glib and completely irrelevant, "workers are entitled to feel safe in the work place".

This, and the fact she had received at least two formal complaints about the CFMEU in 2022 and did nothing on one and claims to have notified Police of the other 12 months later, tells me she is so full of shit. Pretending to be the toughest leader in Australia when it comes to union thuggery....PLEEEEEEEASE!

The ALP may have finally found a way to lose the unlosable state, even after everything they dodged during COVID.

The ALP may have finally found a way to lose the unlosable state, even after everything they dodged during COVID.
Makes you wonder if someone like Ben Carrol had been allowed to nominate to succeed Dan would the ALP have been better off. He is from a different faction and less tainted than Jacinta, and probably would have found a way to "pause" SRL. Almost every Ministry Jacinta has held since Dan came into power has been a disaster:

Minister for Commonwealth Games Delivery - abject failure
Minister for Suburban Rail Loop - unfunded but still pressing on with the biggest white elephant in Victoria's history
Minister for Transport and Infrastructure - cost over runs on every project and now the CFMEU scandal
Minister for Major Projects - arguably lost control of many major projects with delays cost blow-outs.
Minister for Priority Precincts - WTF? She only held this gig for 3 months!

Makes you wonder if someone like Ben Carrol had been allowed to nominate to succeed Dan would the ALP have been better off. He is from a different faction and less tainted than Jacinta, and probably would have found a way to "pause" SRL. Almost every Ministry Jacinta has held since Dan came into power has been a disaster:

Minister for Suburban Rail Loop - unfunded but still pressing on with the biggest white elephant in Victoria's history
Minister for Transport and Infrastructure - cost over runs on every project and now the CFMEU scandal
Minister for Major Projects - arguably lost control of many major projects with delays cost blow-outs.

Merlino was OK too

Jacinta

Minister for scoring own goals!

How great is politics that she'll leave a millionaire and get a pension all paid for by tax payers despite clearly not having a brain. Great stuff

The Liberals don't have the talent to take advantage.

They couldn't land a punch during covid. They won't here.

Labor and the "corrupt unions" comes up every so often.

The Liberals don't have the talent to take advantage.

They couldn't land a punch during covid. They won't here.

Labor and the "corrupt unions" comes up every so often.

Not to this extent.

The last time was the early 90's.

With the last Royal Commission into the Unions, the dissolution of the BLF in the late 80's. Which created the CFMEU.

Jeff Kennett absolutely annihilated Joan Kirner in the 1992 State Election.

Some big similarities to Allan in that she wasn't mandated during an election by the Victorian public, she assumed power from a long standing 3 term ALP Premier after his resignation and victory in his third election (John Cain).

She was ousted first time to the polls as leader and straight after the Union scandals of the early 90's.

If Credlin decided to step into the race before (or ever) 2026 it would make things uncomfortable for the ALP in Victoria. Sam Groth as a deputy is another, he may not be too experienced, but it would be an interesting option from a populist point of view in a Trumpist type of tactic.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to this extent.

The last time was the early 90's.

With the last Royal Commission into the Unions, the dissolution of the BLF in the late 80's. Which created the CFMEU.

Jeff Kennett absolutely annihilated Joan Kirner in the 1992 State Election.

Some big similarities to Allan in that she wasn't mandated during an election by the Victorian public, she assumed power from a long standing 3 term ALP Premier after his resignation and victory in his third election (John Cain).

She was ousted first time to the polls as leader and straight after the Union scandals of the early 90's.

If Credlin decided to step into the race before (or ever) 2026 it would make things uncomfortable for the ALP in Victoria. Sam Groth as a deputy is another, he may not be too experienced, but it would be an interesting option from a populist point of view in a Trumpist type of tactic.
The electorate is much different than it was in the 90s.
Both the major parties have suffered major drops in support. The Libs federally were the first the fell that happen with the rise of the teals.

Labor are starting to feel it too with the Greens taking votes.

There's no guarantee the Libs benefit.
The more likely outcome is the votes head off to independents but with a 2 next to Labor. The youngest generation aren't just going to vote liberal

Labor just need to make the right noises and the issue will fade away.

Last edited:
Just on "fall in support in the major parties"...

Kirner was thrashed at the 1992 election.

At that election, the ALP polled 38.4% of the primary vote.

This morning's Resolve Poll has ALP support at 27%.

Just on "fall in support in the major parties"...

Kirner was thrashed at the 1992 election.

At that election, the ALP polled 38.4% of the primary vote.

This morning's Resolve Poll has ALP support at 27%.
The LNP was 51.99 in 1992. They're 37 today in the same poll

It's not going to get any better for the majors.

Last edited:
The LNP was 46.2 in 1992. They're 37 today in the same poll

It's not going to get any better for the majors.

Not sure where you got that number from - according to Wikipedia it was 51.99% LNP primary.

But yes, the prospects of things being better than 1992 for the majors is almost zero.

IMO the LNP are 3 primary percentage points from making this really interesting. Whether they can get to 40 is another matter entirely.

Not sure where you got that number from - according to Wikipedia it was 51.99% LNP primary.

But yes, the prospects of things being better than 1992 for the majors is almost zero.

IMO the LNP are 3 primary percentage points from making this really interesting. Whether they can get to 40 is another matter entirely.
Read the wrong number on my phone. I'll adjust it

I don't think the LNP get 40. The vote is getting split left right and centre. The brand loyalty just isn't there.

Then throw in Millenals and gen z being the majority. Neither group are exactly fans of the LNP

the upside for jacinta is she has deeming beavering away.
That’s an upside? Jacinta’s credibility is completely shot.

Nick McKenzie: “Premier, why did it take you 12 months to respond to a complaint?”
Jacinta: “What…what…what? You have a written letter sent to me?”
Nick: Yes (Jacinta turns white)

24 hours later:
Jacinta: “I am the only premier to take decisive action”

Nick McKenzie: “Premier, why did it take you 12 months to respond to a complaint?”

24 hours later:

That was a very interesting exchange - almost like Jacinta wanted to know what McKenzie was in possession of so she could know how far she could deny knowledge. Dan would have just defaulted to something like "I won't be lectured by..." or "they are entitled to their view" or some other nonsense nomenclature that takes all the venom and danger out of the exchange.

24 hours later:
Leave Jacinta alone.
  • Minister for Transport and Infrastructure December 2022 - October 2023
  • Minister for the Suburban Rail Loop June 2020 - October 2023
  • Minister for Transport Infrastructure December 2018 - December 2022
  • Minister for Priority Precincts March 2020 - June 2020
  • Minister for Major Projects May 2016 - December 2018
  • Currently married to a former CFMEU Victorian official Yorick Piper who lied to the ACCC https://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInf...dpapers/9f620256-754b-440d-ac69-0b1749d7d1c4"
  • Ex husband was the AWU secretary (28 years)

But she never heard of any problems in the CFMEU.

24 hours later:

as per normal you entirely miss the point. deeming is a loose cannon with lots of support from the nutter right. her dislike of your leader is as intense as ever. it was little johnny who said, “disunity is death in politics”. she might just be the reason your second-rate team loses the unlosable election. my guess this far out is a hung parliament.

as per normal you entirely miss the point. deeming is a loose cannon with lots of support from the nutter right. her dislike of your leader is as intense as ever. it was little johnny who said, “disunity is death in politics”. she might just be the reason your second-rate team loses the unlosable election. my guess this far out is a hung parliament.
Pessutto won't be leader in 2026 so its a moot point. I didn't miss your point. Your point was to deflect, as normal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacinta Allan - How long can she keep the wool over the populace's eyes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back