Jacinta Allan - How long can she keep the wool over the populace's eyes

Remove this Banner Ad

“I had been made aware as a local member of parliament of one allegation, and that matter has been referred to Fair Work Commission and was being dealt with there appropriately,” she said. She would not say when she received the complaint other than that it was not this year, and declined to specify which project the complaint related to.

Kilkenny, who represents Carrum in Melbourne’s outer south-eastern suburbs, said she referred the matter internally but did not take it up the chain to either Jacinta Allan – as premier or in her former role as transport infrastructure minister – or to the former premier Daniel Andrews.

RELATED​

Investigation​

Building Bad

Building Bad

“I referred it internally,” Kilkenny said, adding she did not refer it to the Fair Work Commission herself.

Kilkenny said she had not been made aware of any other complaints as the minister for planning.

“And I will say this, there is absolutely no place for this kind of criminal conduct within our unions. The unions are there to protect Victorian workers and to make sure that when Victorian workers go to work, they come home safe and sound,” she said.

“I will also say the premier has come out and has been very clear and very strong on all of this, there is no place for criminal conduct within our unions.”

Given how quickly the Labor party at both Federal and State level have acted to union bust, I don't think the AFR will quite get the mileage out of this that it expects.

The response has been swift and severe.
Didn't they know about over a year ago and ignore it till the media got it? Their response has been pretty weak too.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given how quickly the Labor party at both Federal and State level have acted to union bust, I don't think the AFR will quite get the mileage out of this that it expects.

They acted only because the media found out and then reported it has been going on for years

Didn't they know about over a year ago and ignore it till the media got it? Their response has been pretty weak too.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
How has it been weak?

The state Construction branch will be placed into administration, it's almost guaranteed, and the Union will be suspended from the Victorian branch of the Labor party.

Any criminal conduct is the remit of law enforcement.

They acted only because the media found out and then reported it has been going on for years
Yet they acted.

And unless you have explicit evidence that individual politicians have known about concrete allegations "for years", then I'd cool it with the hyperbole.

I don't remember a single Liberal minister raising these exact allegations in parliament over that period? I also don't recall the prior LNP federal government or the watchdog persuing said recently raised allegations.

that industry is dog-eat-dog. while i make no excuses for some of the behaviour of gallagher and setka, the other side wasn’t the sort of peeps you’d have over for sunday lunch.

On the other hand, I make no excuses for anyone who behaves improperly (or worse), and if developer cowboys are doing the wrong thing, they should be dealt with appropriately.

This can't be a race to the bottom, because we have seen where that gets the taxpayer (billions of dollars wasted in unnecessary salaries to those not providing a service to anyone but themselves).

On the other hand, I make no excuses for anyone who behaves improperly (or worse), and if developer cowboys are doing the wrong thing, they should be dealt with appropriately.

This can't be a race to the bottom, because we have seen where that gets the taxpayer (billions of dollars wasted in unnecessary salaries to those not providing a service to anyone but themselves).

if the developers are doing the wrong thing. showing your colors there t.p. there are a multitude of stories to that effect. going back a bit there was once a gov’t body called something like industrial coordination that was there to mediate seemingly intractable disputes. i know a bit about the body and i promise you a bigger set of bastards you’d go a long way to see on the developer’s side. as with unions not all are in that category. without tough building unions, workers would get walked all over. with fewer rights and worse safety conditions.

if the developers are doing the wrong thing. showing your colors there t.p. there are a multitude of stories to that effect. going back a bit there was once a gov’t body called something like industrial coordination that was there to mediate seemingly intractable disputes. i know a bit about the body and i promise you a bigger set of bastards you’d go a long way to see on the developer’s side. as with unions not all are in that category. without tough building unions, workers would get walked all over. with fewer rights and worse safety conditions.

You should feel encouraged to name the developers and provide the reporting of their improper behaviour.

I was talking about the CFMEU. I didn't say "if the unions are..." - we have reported proof of the CFMEU behaving improperly. I didn't talk about the AWU or any other union for that matter.

Just the last part I have bolded: does this sentence represent an endorsement of the CFMEU's behaviour? I was always taught two wrongs do not make a right. Many on their high horse about the behaviour of certain sectors of the community are happy to excuse it when coming from their own backyards.

It's been anything but. Slow and weak.

You should feel encouraged to name the developers and provide the reporting of their improper behaviour.

I was talking about the CFMEU. I didn't say "if the unions are..." - we have reported proof of the CFMEU behaving improperly. I didn't talk about the AWU or any other union for that matter.

Just the last part I have bolded: does this sentence represent an endorsement of the CFMEU's behaviour? I was always taught two wrongs do not make a right. Many on their high horse about the behaviour of certain sectors of the community are happy to excuse it when coming from their own backyards.

you’re a funny man. it’s not hard to ascertain details of developers’ bastardry if you have a genuine interest in ascertaining the details. there are numerous stories.

i know your interest is being part of the cmfeu pile-on. and they warrant a lot of it. they have also been extremely good at protecting workers’ conditions and, very importantly, workers’ safety.

i get you are only interested in one side of the equation. there’s a reason why the building union - by whatever name - has been successful in protecting workers’ rights and conditions. had they not been tough those who protect the developers would have walked all over workers.

back to your comfort zone of just seeing one side of the story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you’re a funny man. it’s not hard to ascertain details of developers’ bastardry if you have a genuine interest in ascertaining the details. there are numerous stories.

i know your interest is being part of the cmfeu pile-on. and they warrant a lot of it. they have also been extremely good at protecting workers’ conditions and, very importantly, workers’ safety.

i get you are only interested in one side of the equation. there’s a reason why the building union - by whatever name - has been successful in protecting workers’ rights and conditions. had they not been tough those who protect the developers would have walked all over workers.

back to your comfort zone of just seeing one side of the story.

When I discussed the CFMEU's bastardry, I linked to reports in mainstream media. I note your inability or unwillingness to do the same after my invitation to do just that.

The AWU have been successful in protecting workers' rights and conditions, but they've managed to do it without doing stuff like locking a 19 year old kid in a shed for four hours for not working for the right company. The CFMEU's behaviour is indefensible, and to do so while accusing me of "seeing one side of the story" (I invited you to provide proof of the other side, which you have refused to do) is laughable.

When I discussed the CFMEU's bastardry, I linked to reports in mainstream media. I note your inability or unwillingness to do the same after my invitation to do just that.

The AWU have been successful in protecting workers' rights and conditions, but they've managed to do it without doing stuff like locking a 19 year old kid in a shed for four hours for not working for the right company. The CFMEU's behaviour is indefensible, and to do so while accusing me of "seeing one side of the story" (I invited you to provide proof of the other side, which you have refused to do) is laughable.
it took 60 secs to come up with these few. none so blind etc etc

lol reminded me of this one

Thank you.

The standard is well established around these parts: the one making the assertions provides the proof. I did (so you didn't have to), and now you have done the same.

Un-****ing-believable!

We already know the patronage statistics of the government are nothing like the actual modelling and the Auditor General’s figures. Yet, Jacinta presses on signing up tunnelling contractors.

It is verging on criminal. Committing the state to multi billion dollar contracts when the funding isn’t there.

Un-****ing-believable!

We already know the patronage statistics of the government are nothing like the actual modelling and the Auditor General’s figures. Yet, Jacinta presses on signing up tunnelling contractors.

It is verging on criminal. Committing the state to multi billion dollar contracts when the funding isn’t there.

Jacinta and Dan probably cheat in Monopoly games as well.

From hs
Most households who soon will live above the $26 billion North East Link tunnels won’t be able to claim compensation due to sneaky law changes.
Tunnelling for the mega-toll road, which will connect the Eastern Fwy and M80 in Greensborough, is set to begin within a week.

Property owners along the route have been alerted to the construction plan, which includes for boring machines to churn out the project’s 6.5km tunnel structures.

But most residents won’t be eligible to claim compensation for land the Government has acquired under their properties, even if they have titles that run to the centre of the earth.

This is because in 2021, the Andrews Government changed the law to stop underground acquisition payouts for new projects, unless a tunnel is less than 15 metres from the surface.

Last year, about 40 Yarraville residents won what was believed to be $100,000 each due to the fact their properties were above the $10.6bn West Gate Tunnel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacinta Allan - How long can she keep the wool over the populace's eyes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back