Toast Jack Darling - 250 AFL Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Club legend. Hope he does well next year and becomes an Arden St cult hero just like Drew Petrie!

Right thing for both parties going forward but very sad at the same time as he has been one of my favourite Eagles player.

On the other hand congratulations for finally landing a big fish even tho he was past his best years ago

Loved watching him play, this actually is making me feel old, one of the few players who I remember seeing from the very start and knowing he'd be there for a while.

I think he's in for a shock when he rocks up to pre-season and sees the only cable machine has an out-of-service tag dated 2017 and nobody knows when it is going to be fixed.

I would actually love to see Jack trigger his third year and finish off in style. 68 more goals to 600 and I think he thoroughly deserves to get there. Been a huge polarising player but even with the brain fades and what not he was an elite player in his day and one of the modern day games second fiddle forward

My sister who passed away in July has finally gotten her wish that darling has been moved on… … I’d like to think a star is shining brighter tonight with this knowledge

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Still in disbelief that we basically gave him away for free. :sadv1:

We could have done something like 52,70 and 88 for 54,72 and Darling.

That’s what the Sam Mitchell trade looked like and he was the Hawthorn B&F that year

Trading Darling frees up ~$800k of salary cap money, opens up a list spot and will allow us to play Allen, Waterman and Jack Williams in the forward line without being too tall like we were with Darling as a 4th tall this year

Darling gets to play 1-2 years longer than he would’ve had he stayed so we weren’t going to stand in his way of achieving that by haggling over a draft pick or two

It’s been a well managed exit for a loyal player who gave everything to the club over 14 years. No malice or ill will from either side

It’s a better result than watching him spend 2025 playing WAFL like Gaff did this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jack Darling - 250 AFL Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back