Recommitted Jack Graham [staying]

Remove this Banner Ad

Witts? fringe player

Your premiership analogy has no legs Shane Ellen played in 2 Premierships

Aaron Keating played in a premiership every 6 games he played.

You still don't get it - You bring in Hopper and Taranto it means 2 guys don't play and it probably means you have 1.4 million less Salary cap to spend.

Graham knows he's the one who is going to be pushed out so he's being pro-active leaving.

Witts wasn't a regular at pies.

He played 20 games this season no fringe player

Taranto and Hopper come in has no bearing on his trade value.

read my post its about guys who move to get more games because they aren't playing

Still doesn't make him a fringe player regardless as I said he played 20 games this year that's the facts.How can you predict next year what happens injuries , form etc.

Here's the point that Richmond supporters don't get. They just come chest out saying he's worth this and that.

In general clubs are very good to players who want to move on if their opportunities to play are low and they are being offered a contract with another club that the original club wouldn't match.

And I think this is the case here.

Make no mistake this is about the player and the club saying your opportunities might be less going forward if you have the ability to get a better deal for yourself we won't stand in your way. Thanks for your service.

Here is an example of some trades like that where a player who is on the outer moves on because they are being offered a better opportunity to play at another club.

Lipinski for 43
Markov for future 3rd Round
Hartigan for future 4th Round
Taylor for 48
Butler for 56
Rohan for 62
Lloyd for 64
Colyer for future 4th Round
Lyons for 43
Witts 44 & 62
None of those were regulars for their team unlike Graham, what's your point exactly?

None of those were regulars for their team unlike Graham, what's your point exactly?
My point is Graham is leaving because he's most likely been told he is no longer first 22 and with Taranto and Hopper coming in salary cap will be squeezed for his next contract. Graham is leaving with Richmond's blessing.

Here's the point that Richmond supporters don't get. They just come chest out saying he's worth this and that.

In general clubs are very good to players who want to move on if their opportunities to play are low and they are being offered a contract with another club that the original club wouldn't match.

And I think this is the case here.

Make no mistake this is about the player and the club saying your opportunities might be less going forward if you have the ability to get a better deal for yourself we won't stand in your way. Thanks for your service.

Here is an example of some trades like that where a player who is on the outer moves on because they are being offered a better opportunity to play at another club.

Lipinski for 43
Markov for future 3rd Round
Hartigan for future 4th Round
Taylor for 48
Butler for 56
Rohan for 62
Lloyd for 64
Colyer for future 4th Round
Lyons for 43
Witts 44 & 62

Agree the others are fringe players, but Graham has played 80% of our games over the last 5 years. How many of those others that you have stated, played anywhere near that??? Your narrative is wrong. Your view is that we are bringing in 2 mids (who play different roles to Graham) and therefore Graham will miss out.

Taranto will replace Edwards role in our Premiership midfield
Hopper will replace Cotchins role in our Premiership midfield

Neither of these 2 replace the Graham / Lambert roles which is what Graham will be playing for us

My point is Graham is leaving because he's most likely been told he is no longer first 22 and with Taranto and Hopper coming in salary cap will be squeezed for his next contract. Graham is leaving with Richmond's blessing.
That’s not really what the club is putting out there. He has two years on his contract and is a required player

If he leaves it’s because Port have offered him the chance to go home on a long, lucrative deal

Agree the others are fringe players, but Graham has played 80% of our games over the last 5 years. How many of those others that you have stated, played anywhere near that??? Your narrative is wrong. Your view is that we are bringing in 2 mids (who play different roles to Graham) and therefore Graham will miss out.

Taranto will replace Edwards role in our Premiership midfield
Hopper will replace Cotchins role in our Premiership midfield

Neither of these 2 replace the Graham / Lambert roles which is what Graham will be playing for us
Actually you are bringing in 4 from mid year 2022 - Taranto, Hopper, Sonsie & Cumberland

Lol. That's a nice assumption to fit your narrative. There's a few other guys that would be getting told that before Graham. Plus you're forgetting that Lambert and Edwards have retired so those additions really won't change too much.

Plus there are question marks over Dustys mindset plus prestia and cotchins body holding up. There's no chance the club would he telling anyone around the top 25 or so that they're looking at limited opportunity next year.

Lol. That's a nice assumption to fit your narrative. There's a few other guys that would be getting told that before Graham. Plus you're forgetting that Lambert and Edwards have retired so those additions really won't change too much.
And you've forgotten that Sonsie and Cumberland played every game in the back end of the season playing in Graham's Half forward position.

Well we will see because if you are right he will be traded for the Amon compo and if I'm right he will get traded for something in the 30's or higher.

And in Bizarro world he will be traded for Pick 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You got Aliir for what pick 30?
Yes , I always rated Aliir at Sydney…… but Sydney showed little interest in keeping him…… and he was not on a big offer to come to Port…… he just wanted more playing time - he got the playing time and made the All Australian team ……. this season the syndesmosis injury he suffered in the first round this year, wrecked his season…….. YES he was a steal, but was in and out of Sydney’s team in 2020 and shifted everywhere……. Good recruiting !!

Actually you are bringing in 4 from mid year 2022 - Taranto, Hopper, Sonsie & Cumberland
Cumberland plays a totally different position. He plays as a small forward.

Sonsie probably does play a similar role, but more so on the attacking side. The 2 which are more likely to be pushed out are Cotch (who will maybe play 15 games next year tops) and Short (the coach loves him, but he plays a similar role to Sonsie, neither of them play that defensive role that Graham does).

Well we will see because if you are right he will be traded for the Amon compo and if I'm right he will get traded for something in the 30's or higher.

Interesting that you are looking for a end of first round for Amon but Graham is only worth a second or later - leadership- 2x Premiership player - hard two way runner - contested player who is on contact!!!!!

And you've forgotten that Sonsie and Cumberland played every game in the back end of the season playing in Graham's Half forward position.
Cumberland plays forward and barely left i50. Aarts and Castagna started r1 this year and shouldn't be seen ever again. There is always an injury or two. There will be a spot if he wants one.

20-30. Won't be outside that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jack Graham [staying]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back