Player Watch Jack Gunston!

Remove this Banner Ad

No, because we have also got Amon by FA

We only get something if Brisbane choose to trade for him (in order to preserve their own FA compo)

I don't understand why we didn't make it impossible for them not to trade with us by offering to pay most of Jack's salary and asking them for their first round pick and giving them back a bunch of our later picks to help with them getting Ashcroft?

I don't understand why we didn't make it impossible for them not to trade with us by offering to pay most of Jack's salary and asking them for their first round pick and giving them back a bunch of our later picks to help with them getting Ashcroft?

Because screwing over a club champion who gave his all for us is a terrible thing to do.

He wants to go, we let him go, without playing games. We get the best pick we can from Brisbane and move on.

And next year we hope he leads Brisbame to a win over Geelong or Collingwood in the grand final.

you can only pay the salary of a contracted player going forward - Jack is out of contract

Brisbane no longer have that GWS 2nd rounder which I think was the Pies 2nd rounder anyway so ignore my trade proposal. Not sure how the Lions are going to trade for both Dunkley and Gunston and maintain points for Ashcroft and Fletcher? Gunston and 24 for 21 maybe but hardly seems worth it.

Brisbane no longer have that GWS 2nd rounder which I think was the Pies 2nd rounder anyway so ignore my trade proposal. Not sure how the Lions are going to trade for both Dunkley and Gunston and maintain points for Ashcroft and Fletcher? Gunston and 24 for 21 maybe but hardly seems worth it.
We will give them a 2022 pick (likely 52, maybe 65 as well) as they need points, and they will give us a better 2023 pick - hopefully their 2nd, plus maybe pick 70 this year if we intend to use it.

Oh well, could've been worse. 48 plus loose change next year.

Better than nothing. Just.

Good luck for Gunners for the rest of his career. Been a champ for us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because screwing over a club champion who gave his all for us is a terrible thing to do.

He wants to go, we let him go, without playing games. We get the best pick we can from Brisbane and move on.

And next year we hope he leads Brisbame to a win over Geelong or Collingwood in the grand final.
er no.. we hope he stops the cats and lets the Hawks win the granny

I hope he doesn't get booed ridiculously like Isaac Smith did for leaving the nest. Gunston was so good for our club.

I really hope that when Gunston, TOM and JOM line up against the Hawks, that our people cheer and celebrate them.

Lets not act like dudded headf**d supporters and boo them - they don't deserve it. Get around these guys next time - they deserve our applause for the efforts they put in for us.

They did what was asked. Didn't hold back. And they served us well.

All the best to all 3 of them, with my thanks.

Good interview with Gunston. Wonderful player and classy bloke. Thanks for everything and best of luck, Jack! I'm going to have to watch most Lions games again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Gunston!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back