Traded Jack Lukosius - Joins Port Adelaide as part of a 3-way trade with Collingwood and Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

That's simply not true, his best mates are there, he just wants to play half forward, undisciplined football, get the ball on turn over and look a million dollars (which is what we're paying him), live on the gold coast and play finals with this group. The reason he is looking for a trade is because dimma said it's half back or out, and he chose out. He can request a trade to either club, let's say crows, and you offer a f1 and we say no, you don't say yes and then get what you want. We can then say to jack its half back or port and he'll say port and then we negotiate after the houston trade.

Jack has all the choosing power, we have the bargaining power.
And what if houston stays..what are port going to give then..a worse f1🤣

IF luko wants out, he will name a club, it won't be a case of 'oh, i am happy to leave and go anwhere'. Then it will come down to whether the suns will actually let him go and can a deal be struck. If i am being honest, i could see something like this ending up being around the mark IF he wants out and picks the crows

Crows
Out: pick melb 2nd & f1
In: luko and pick 20

GC in my view will want a 1st rounder for him and to balance that out they will be ok to drop pick 20 by 4 or 5 places knowing tgey have 5 & 11 still in their warchest.

Just my take

That is very bais the Crows way.

2nd and a F1st would be the minumum IMO. No pick 20 going back to the Crows.

The pick 20 is a upgrade on the Melb 2nd rounder.

Future 1st could be anywhere from pick 6 to pick 12. Suns been burnt doing that before.

Answer the question...if you are hanging your hat on them trading houston..... what do they have to trade if they don't draft pick wise
It's Port issue to figure it out if they want Luko. Usually teams don't meet players under contract unless they believe they have a shot and can do the deal.

From outside, Port look better option for Luko. Better team playing finals, better situation forward for Luko, best buddy.

Again from outside, the sooner you fire Nicks, the better for the club. I suspect, off-field not only Nicks should go.

Last edited:
And what if houston stays..what are port going to give then..a worse f1🤣
The trade then simply won’t happen, the same as in Rachelle asks to be traded, the Crows would ask for fair compensation for a contracted player not just say ok then, off you go. You would hold him unless it’s to your advantage, we will do the same.

is it possible there will be a salary dump, yes is it possible as we don’t know the state of the cap, is it equally as possible that there is no salary issue, yes. Personally it’s my opinion that after the embarrassment of having to trade off Bowes and pick seven for a bag of peanuts to get our salary cap and order it is highly unlikely that it’s a problem just two years later.

Time will tell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a future first from either Adelaide or port would get this done pretty quickly. Of course teams would be haggling to see if they could get late picks back as well, but it’s a trade I would be happy to do, even if I am in the minority.

It's Port issue to figure it out if they want Luko. Usually teams don't meet players under contract unless they believe they have a shot and can do the deal.

From outside, Port look better option for Luko. Better team playing finals, better situation forward for Luko, best buddy.

Again from outside, the sooner you fire Nicks, the better for the club. I suspect, off-field not only Nicks should go.
You will get no argument from me there

People who grow up in SA know that the Crows is a vastly larger and more significant club, and can offer greater opportunities.
Haha, that’s me! And yet, I still can’t imagine he’d choose to go to a club with years of trash to come, when the one down the road could realistically get him a cup.

#rozeeforthewin

Grapevine is telling me he’ll be at Adelaide next year.

I don't think Port were ever really an option even if he wanted to go there. Clubs meet with players all the time but I don't it was ever a serious approach for this trade period.

From what I understand and Cornes said the same thing that Port really want to go the draft.

I am not so confident he will end up at the Crows though.

Last edited:
Haha, that’s me! And yet, I still can’t imagine he’d choose to go to a club with years of trash to come, when the one down the road could realistically get him a cup.

#rozeeforthewin
Both Dawson and Rankine chose us when we didn't have a quality group of youngsters coming through, Rankine supposedly didn't even talk to Port Power and Dawson had a last minute "discussion" with them.

Both Dawson and Rankine chose us when we didn't have a quality group of youngsters coming through, Rankine supposedly didn't even talk to Port Power and Dawson had a last minute "discussion" with them.
Port wasn’t offering the money The Crows were for Rankine, neither were the Suns.

He’s been worth it for you guys though

Port wasn’t offering the money The Crows were for Rankine, neither were the Suns.

He’s been worth it for you guys though
It has been reported now to be a lot less than what Essendon offered of $900K as he wanted to returned home but easily earning that much and more after his contract extension this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Lukosius - Joins Port Adelaide as part of a 3-way trade with Collingwood and Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back