Traded Jack Lukosius - Joins Port Adelaide as part of a 3-way trade with Collingwood and Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

You understand he's contract on a big deal, he's not going for a second round pick. He's only going if they can bring in a player they need a petracca as example. He'd be a good fit at Collingwood, but they have no picks or players
If the reported $1M for the 2 years is correct, the F2 will be the club taking on the entire salary as well.

It has been reported now to be a lot less than what Essendon offered of $900K as he wanted to returned home but easily earning that much and more after his contract extension this year.
What’s “a lot” less and I very much doubt the Dons were offering even close to the number you are making up, I mean quoting

This was Essendon's offer and mentioned we "matched" it which is now reported as incorrect.

Yes of course, every player a club signs takes unders because they are a good bloke. Rankine in fact donates his entire salary to the Crows AFLW program.

Yes of course, every player a club signs takes unders because they are a good bloke. Rankine in fact donates his entire salary to the Crows AFLW program.
Who says it was unders? Clearly we offered more than GCS who reported only offered him $550K but it was a lot less than the reported $900K.

We don't need luko gone, luko can stay, he's good mates with rowell, anderson, king and ballard. We need goal kickers and Luko can kick goals, he just needed to get dropped to ground him and send a msg, this isn't good enough, we expect more from you. Personally i think luko will stay if he is going to play fwd, if dimma tells him he's in the backlines i think he will request a trade, but with both SA clubs and others interested, luko could get a nice looking contract and wherever he goes will have to pay. I don't think we will be interested in a F1 if that is going to be swallowed up by a bid on Uwland. So unless Rachele is up for offer GC will steer the trade to Port or keep him
Lol

It's Port issue to figure it out if they want Luko. Usually teams don't meet players under contract unless they believe they have a shot and can do the deal.

From outside, Port look better option for Luko. Better team playing finals, better situation forward for Luko, best buddy.

Again from outside, the sooner you fire Nicks, the better for the club. I suspect, off-field not only Nicks should go.
It's 100% up to Luko where he goes. Not Port, and not GC.

This was Essendon's offer and mentioned we "matched" it which is now reported as incorrect.

All this article points out is that the Suns offered $650,000 which I know is correct. The crows made a significantly higher offer and that was then put in front of Essendon and Port to say don’t bother as you can’t match this enormous offer.
It doesn’t say anything about Essendon offering $900,000 as you have suggested, just that the crows made a Godfather offer. One that has proven to be a good call at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this article points out is that the Suns offered $650,000 which I know is correct. The crows made a significantly higher offer and that was then put in front of Essendon and Port to say don’t bother as you can’t match this enormous offer.
It doesn’t say anything about Essendon offering $900,000 as you have suggested, just that the crows made a Godfather offer. One that has proven to be a good call at this stage.
It was $800K offer by Essendon (I incorrectly thought it was $900K) and it was reported we end up offering him $850K but some ITK poster mentioned it was a lot less at $750K which seem to be correct as he wanted to return home.

Why did the media talk about his lucrative contract at GCS, I wouldn't say $750K as lucrative?
The only article I have seen talk about it is Cal Twomey who was suggested it would take up to $1,000,000 to get him out of the Suns. It doesn’t say that he is on 1 million at the Suns, some people have just run with this as if it was quoting what the Suns are paying him which it clearly isn’t

Last edited:
The only article I have seen talk about it is Cal Twomey who was suggested it would take up to $1,000,000 to get him out of the Suns. It doesn’t say that he is on 1 million at the Suns, some people have just run with this as if it was quoting what the Suns are paying him which it clearly isn’t
He also said Lukosius is on a "lucrative" contract for the next 2 years and that you can smooth out the contract, $750K is quite standard so isn't "lucrative".

He also said Lukosius is on a "lucrative" contract for the next 2 years and that you can smooth out the contract, $750K is quite standard so isn't "lucrative".
Mate I do admire your passion, seriously the world could use more of it but you keep making shit up, putting 2 and 2 together to make 7. You note something and then get fact checked then ignore it and move to another falsehood and so the circle goes, credit where it’s due, you won’t let anything get in the way of your preferred narrative

Mate I do admire your passion, seriously the world could use more of it but you keep making shit up, putting 2 and 2 together to make 7. You note something and then get fact checked then ignore it and move to another falsehood and so the circle goes, credit where it’s due, you won’t let anything get in the way of your preferred narrative
Go and listen to Gettable and you might learn something, hence I asked you what "lucrative" means to you ;)

Oh the irony of this post ……….

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Lukosius - Joins Port Adelaide as part of a 3-way trade with Collingwood and Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back