Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Your F1st is going to west coast with your first this year for Barrass.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

According to Rooch and Kimbo, Adelaide is in the box seat with Luko. They are closer to the clubs than either of us.
Rucci think it's us as we have the salary cap to absorb Lukosius heavily backend contract which is why Collingwood withdrew their interest, I wouldn't call that "box seat". Not sure what Dillion said??

According to Rooch and Kimbo, Adelaide is in the box seat with Luko. They are closer to the clubs than either of us.
Luko met with Nicks quite some time ago, both clubs are not playing finals, why the delay if he wants the Crows?
Usually Players nominate the club they want to go to once that team has finished for the year, hmmm

Also Rosas has a contract, can’t be delisted by the Suns, for him to be sacked it would have to be AFL sanctioned

Since when has Rucci been close to AFC?

Luko met with Nicks quite some time ago, both clubs are not playing finals, why the delay if he wants the Crows?
Usually Players nominate the club they want to go to once that team has finished for the year, hmmm

Also Rosas has a contract, can’t be delisted by the Suns, for him to be sacked it would have to be AFL sanctioned
He met with Port this week, so clearly he is still making up his mind.

The odds are he is coming home, just a question of which team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He met with Port this week, so clearly he is still making up his mind.

The odds are he is coming home, just a question of which team.

In today’s day and age he’ll probably pick the club which is able to make the trade happen and has sold a vision on his role that aligns with where he wants to go with his game. I’d imagine that while Adelaide may have more cap room both clubs would be able to rework his contract and extend it to a point he’s happy - the question is whether they want to.

Both clubs have different pros and cons he may look at but I suspect role, contract and tenure are the big ones.

In today’s day and age he’ll probably pick the club which is able to make the trade happen and has sold a vision on his role that aligns with where he wants to go with his game. I’d imagine that while Adelaide may have more cap room both clubs would be able to rework his contract and extend it to a point he’s happy - the question is whether they want to.

Both clubs have different pros and cons he may look at but I suspect role, contract and tenure are the big ones.
What's the thinking at Port of his trade value?

Most Crows supporters thinking a future 2nd, given he has 2x $1m pa contract remaining, which is clearly more than his playing worth.

Don't forget where teams stand with regard to having chance winning premiership could have an impact too and possibly it's the most important aspect.

Port midfield is set up for next 10 years while Crows midfield is the weakest link. If Luko wants success, Port got to be a favourite.

Rozee as best friend got to have an impact too.

Cap, contract, nah. Teams can get around it, especially with cap going up by 2.7M over 2024-2025.

Yeah, I put money on Port 😂 Unless Luko loves Crows. Just make decision already, Luko. So I can enjoy some melts.

Last edited:

Most Crows supporters thinking a future 2nd, given he has 2x $1m pa contract remaining, which is clearly more than his playing worth.
I have said it before but I would think a future first from port, with potentially something else coming back is reasonable. If gc want to pay some of his salary then all the better. I don’t think a future second from port would get it done, whereas it might for Adelaide, judging on our finishing position this year compared to Adelaide. Having said that I think that Adelaide should be big improvers next year. Realistically if they get him for a second it could be a pick in the 30’s which would be a very good deal.

I don’t speak for port clearly but personally I’d be comfortable with a levelled out long term contract and a late first this year or next maybe with something late coming back.

With our list profile I think it’s worth a punt as he does provide cream on top and has never really played in a side travelling well like we (generally) have been. Out issue is we don’t have a first atm and it’s uncertain if we would have access to one to trade next year. (Given we are higher in the ladder atm I’d prefer to hold future picks as there’s more scope for the picks to go up the order than down.

It may be that first rounders aren’t what gold coast need with their academies, it more be about draft points…. So maybe it’s a case of packaging up points for them….. either way we need to trade out something to get picks in to be an option.

Last edited:

Looks like Luko is about to learn that other clubs e.g. the Crows don’t value him after whispering sweet nothings in his ear only to not make good when the chance to get him comes. Humbling and dare I say good for the Suns or even Port Why, a Luko with the chip off his shoulder and pissed at the Crows could be a very good asset

P.S. there is no evidence for the 2M you are quoting, only speculation

Don't forget where teams stand with regard to having chance winning premiership could have an impact too and possibly it's the most important aspect.

Port midfield is set up for next 10 years while Crows midfield is the weakest link. If Luko wants success, Port got to be a favourite.

Rozee as best friend got to have an impact too.

Cap, contract, nah. Teams can get around it, especially with cap going up by 2.7M over 2024-2025.

Yeah, I put money on Port 😂 Unless Luko loves Crows. Just make decision already, Luko. So I can enjoy some melts.
True, Rankine supposedly didn't even speak to Port Power when he chose us and the list didn't have this quality of youngsters coming through. I think whoever can absorb most of his remaining contract will play an important part as GCS don't need to trade him and if the report are correct then Lukosius is still own $2M given he wasn't pay as much in the last 2 years so the club will need to pay him this amount and then probably $800K for his new contract.

Had the crows not signed Walker for next season I believe Luko would fit perfectly.
Port Dixon most probably gone 🤞
Finlayson signed 1 yr but with real life I believe he will be more focused on that.
Marshall is 1 concussion away from retirement
Hence Port are going for him

Looks like Luko is about to learn that other clubs e.g. the Crows don’t value him after whispering sweet nothings in his ear only to not make good when the chance to get him comes. Humbling and dare I say good for the Suns or even Port Why, a Luko with the chip off his shoulder and pissed at the Crows could be a very good asset

P.S. there is no evidence for the 2M you are quoting, only speculation
The $2m has been mentioned in several articles. He has a back ended contract.

Looks like Port value Luko not too differently to the Crows, but will be a matter of his own preference.

Don't worry it's unlikely he will be at the Suns next season so Hardwick will be happy.

Last edited:
The $2m has been mentioned in several articles. He has a back ended contract.

Looks like Port value Luko not too differently to the Crows, but will be a matter of his own preference.

Don't worry it's unlikely he will be at the Suns next season so Hardwick will be happy.
So has $650k, the truth is none of us know, the final deal will tell us something but believing anything in the media is fraught with danger

I have said it before but I would think a future first from port, with potentially something else coming back is reasonable. If gc want to pay some of his salary then all the better. I don’t think a future second from port would get it done, whereas it might for Adelaide, judging on our finishing position this year compared to Adelaide. Having said that I think that Adelaide should be big improvers next year. Realistically if they get him for a second it could be a pick in the 30’s which would be a very good deal.
I could see Ports F1 getting the deal done but the F1 is really of no use to the suns due to their academy kids being rated top 10 next year but there is a possibility Richmond get involved

Luko for ports F1
after the lombard bid comes through GC may want to get back into the draft
Richmonds #21 (1st pick 2nd round day 2) traded to GC for Ports F1

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back