Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

What ?
I doubt it . It's not about the extra $ its about the extra years . He is our vice captain and from the yeo interview on the radio the other day the boys are keen for him to stay .

I don't get the he is worth more than his contract .
If he was injured long term would he return money from his salary ?
Wrong thread

What ?
I doubt it . It's not about the extra $ its about the extra years . He is our vice captain and from the yeo interview on the radio the other day the boys are keen for him to stay .

I don't get the he is worth more than his contract .
If he was injured long term would he return money from his salary ?
Lukosius is your vice captain? That escalated quickly!

Port can't offer either the salery or picks we can.
He's still deciding if he wants to stay on the Goldie or not.

I dont doubt that port has less cap room than Adelaide but given it’s been reported port have the space to keep Houston and bring in Perryman and Cummin it stands to reason that they could easily meet his current salary if they wanted to… I imagine the only way he comes in is if Houston goes out in which case they also have trade capital - not as high as you again, but you won’t use 5 on him.

Your second point makes perfect sense.

I dont doubt that port has less cap room than Adelaide but given it’s been reported port have the space to keep Houston and bring in Perryman and Cummin it stands to reason that they could easily meet his current salary if they wanted to… I imagine the only way he comes in is if Houston goes out in which case they also have trade capital - not as high as you again, but you won’t use 5 on him.

Your second point makes perfect sense.
I'd be curious whether Port ever had the cap space to do all those deals, or if they were just keeping a lot of balls in the air hoping one will land

I'd be curious whether Port ever had the cap space to do all those deals, or if they were just keeping a lot of balls in the air hoping one will land
Both Port & Adelaide were two of only a handful of clubs that didn't build indexation into player contracts... so are well placed now there has been a huge increase in cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Port & Adelaide were two of only a handful of clubs that didn't build indexation into player contracts... so are well placed now there has been a huge increase in cap.
I dont thik there would be much indexation at Richmond any longer just about every contract player is getting new deals or being moved on lol.

We could have have 10 m il in the kitty in 18 months time

Houston money vacuum assuming that happens takes care of any cap issues port might have for squeezing in a player
they also might be crazy enough to offer up the first they'll get for Houston in an attempt to fix their forward line, which would be more than Adelaide would be prepared to trade I imagine

Houston money vacuum assuming that happens takes care of any cap issues port might have for squeezing in a player
they also might be crazy enough to offer up the first they'll get for Houston in an attempt to fix their forward line, which would be more than Adelaide would be prepared to trade I imagine
Can’t see that happening. We ll take the Houston picks to the draft

What makes you think Port's salary cap is so stretched?

They bring a lot of players in - and usually you are paying the player overs to get them across. Soldo, BZT and Rat for example - would all be on a fair bit more than if they had stayed with their respective clubs. And then the usual suspects of there midfield. Bergman was looking to go home so would be on better than expected rates.

Having said that pushing Houston out and getting a pick this year (which they will take to the draft) frees up their F1

I suspect that’s what happens and Luko goes to Port. And from a Port perspective - Houston and F1 out - Perryman, Luko and say a pick 10 in strong draft in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They bring a lot of players in - and usually you are paying the player overs to get them across. Soldo, BZT and Rat for example - would all be on a fair bit more than if they had stayed with their respective clubs. And then the usual suspects of there midfield. Bergman was looking to go home so would be on better than expected rates.

Having said that pushing Houston out and getting a pick this year (which they will take to the draft) frees up their F1

I suspect that’s what happens and Luko goes to Port. And from a Port perspective - Houston and F1 out - Perryman, Luko and say a pick 10 in strong draft in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Paid big to attract JHF and paid higher than market for multiple players to come last year.

Their best players are all at their highest earning phase of their career.

They're not walking around with any extra money.
You could be right, but that's all on gut feel, its futile guessing the state of clubs financial position because salaries aren't public knowledge. I just think if they're meeting with luko, perryman and cumming, they've probably got enough cap space to bring them in (or they know houston's gone)

You could be right, but that's all on gut feel, its futile guessing the state of clubs financial position because salaries aren't public knowledge.
Exactly. Anyone that thinks they know the first thing about any club's salary cap is a bit of a numpty.

None of us have any clue and it's all guess work.

Almost all players don't even talk about their contracts with their team, the vast majority don't even care what their teammates are on, just that they are still their teammate.

If the club thinks their premiership widow is open it's exactly thee type of move I would expect, especially if there's a gun going out the door in houston
Just not sure why though when they won't need to. Say they ship houston to Carlton and get pick 11 or whatever their 1st is this year and a 2nd rounder, they take 11 to the draft and use a 2nd on an in all but name salary dump that is Lukosius. If push came to shove and GC demanded more, add in a future 2nd if they are desperate for Luko. Preserve their f1 at the same time. Bring in Perryman.

So Houston leaving, whilst after thursday nights mauling looks daft as they had nothing at half back without Houston, trading him will get them a quality kid in this draft, plenty of trade capital for Luko and they can still look to try and bring in Perryman as an FA.

Paid big to attract JHF and paid higher than market for multiple players to come last year.

Their best players are all at their highest earning phase of their career.

They're not walking around with any extra money.

Interesting take which you haven't backed up by any figures.
The AFL rich list released earlier this week lists the top 100 player salaries. Both Adelaide sides have 3 players represented, which is under the AFL average. None of last years recruits are coming on big money. By comparison, the Gold Coast have 6 players listed, and if the midpoint of estimates are accurate then the top 6 paid Gold Coast players are paid more combined than the top 6 players combined across Adelaide and Port.

Note this is the AFL media guesses based on chats with agents and clubs so its not exact, so we shouldn't read too much into it, but it has more substance than your unsubstantiated bum pluck.

The lowest band in the top 100 list is the $600-$700K bank and JHF or any of the Port recruits over the last 5 years are not listed there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back