Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Luko can be a quality player in the right system no doubt. I just have this real uneasy feeling if we don't get something back like what i spitballed to above to mitigate and we do crash (again) next year, we have given up a chance of having draft collateral to make a play for Dyson Sharpe and i have seen this kid live and he is exacly what we need in our midfield.

No offence to luko but if we finish bottom 4 next year, apart from needing to blow the place up, watching a pick 4 in GC hands selecting Sharpe or another top rated mid lets say, i will vomit and then burn my club membership.

After being burnt these last few years, i am glass 3/4 empty when looking at my expectations for the club under the current coaching regime. Call it the bigotry of low expectation now.
Fair enough. I feel it's Port where he is headed.

You will be lucky to have Luko. He will be providing link up, great deliveries inside 50, 40+ goals.
I mean, yeah that's the best-case scenario, but there's clearly a much lower floor with his output, too

I get the feeling Port will have a much more appropriate pick to use, post-Houston deal (their F1 straight up). They'll also have a need, once Marshall retires. Feels like that's where it's headed as of right now

Ignoring ABAB 😂 I feel for you Crows fans.
They ignore him too, I was over on their board a couple of weeks ago and they were very friendly as long as you are respectful, same as our board

I mean, yeah that's the best-case scenario, but there's clearly a much lower floor with his output, too

I get the feeling Port will have a much more appropriate pick to use, post-Houston deal (their F1 straight up). They'll also have a need, once Marshall retires. Feels like that's where it's headed as of right now

I feel sorry for Luko if Port pick him the way they long bomb into the forward line he won't get near it.

I mean, at least I said Rankine was worth around pick 10. What was your call again lol.
We paid overs as we didn't use our leverage.

The club must have had you providing advice to Reid...

We paid overs as we didn't use our leverage.

The club must have had you providing advice to Reid...
Over is when you offer pick 5 instead of pick 10 but your call and then offer pick 5 is considered what the hell is this guy smoking with his lack of basic football knowledge. If you provided advice to Reid, you would have been laughed out of the room.

Over is when you offer pick 5 instead of pick 10 but your call and then offer pick 5 is considered what the hell is this guy smoking with his lack of basic football knowledge. If you provided advice to Reid, you would have been laughed out of the room.
It's interesting your most used term is "basic football knowledge".

No need for me to add anything else. ;)

Hence why they drafted B King, Walter and E Read..when you have 3 huge blokes up there you can play it that way. Luko is a bit of a square peg in a round hole in that regard
I have to say Port constantly bombing it inside 50was so stupid. Playing Dixon was another shocker.

Suns are terrible converting inside 50. Second worst or something like that.

Definitely, I would keep Luko higher up the ground (like in 2023) but Dimma seems having different plans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say Port constantly bombing it inside 50was so stupid. Playing Dixon was another shocker.

Suns are terrible converting inside 50. Second worst or something like that.

Definitely, I would keep Luko higher up the ground (like in 2023) but Dimma seems having different plans.
Without wanting to derail this thread, Port really should have gone another way imo. Go 100% all in for Perryman as a FA, but the other one to have gone really hard at was Pickett - trade Houston for a good pick(s) and then go all in on Pickett. Then look to try and trade in Luko. They are in their window having made prelims this year and recently, Pickett would be huge for them, Lukosius adds a quality forward and Perryman can slot in at half back.

Anyway, enough about them....

I will say that Rankine will want Luko more than anyone else in SA, those 2 combine brilliantly. As soon as luko has the ball Rankine sprints into space and doesn't break stride running into goal. Rankine also has a lovely lob pass that directs Luko's leads instead of bombing it on his head

The rumour has gone to your pick 26 without a F3 going back so this is now 2). We will hold out for 3) which will be your last offer, Lukosius + pick 12 for F1 + $2M salary relieve.

We don’t have the list spots for another pick this year regardless. So we won’t be getting pick 12 this year as part of the deal

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back