Speculation Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Likely to join Dockers it seems on a 1 year deal with triggers for a 2nd
sick vomit GIF by New Amsterdam

team america vomit GIF

Likely to join Dockers it seems on a 1 year deal with triggers for a 2nd
Crazy to think that both of the majorly hyped mini draft pick 1 selections for the Suns find their way to big Victorian clubs where they were both pretty average and then go on to end their careers back home in WA with the Dockers. I guess this is probably why the AFL has a rule against drafting players before their 18th year.

icing on the cake player, so long as you don't like having icing too many times a year, or too much at once.

if jack martin is on your list it's because you're all out of options and you know he can catch, kick once in a while.
but you also back yourself to do better than carlton have at managing him.

icing on the cake player, so long as you don't like having icing too many times a year, or too much at once.

if jack martin is on your list it's because you're all out of options and you know he can catch, kick once in a while.
Glowing endorsement

1725455160450.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone take him been a flop for Carlton, as can never stay on the park.
Someone will. He's an excellent player when healthy but would have to be to a team who's just going to try and get him fit and healthy for a finals push.

Going to North or WCE would be a complete waste of resources for them, he likely only players 5-10 games a year for the rest of his career imo. Made of glass

Mate he would slip on the icing, 8 week injury 😉

I'd take him just so we don't have to play against him, one of those guys that always seems to play good footy against us.

Crazy to think that both of the majorly hyped mini draft pick 1 selections for the Suns find their way to big Victorian clubs where they were both pretty average and then go on to end their careers back home in WA with the Dockers. I guess this is probably why the AFL has a rule against drafting players before their 18th year.
I really don’t think you can compare Jack Martin with Jaeger O Meara. Vastly different individuals and circumstances.

Makes alot of sense for fremantle imo

You would have to worry about giving him more than a year contract in min salary which i dont know he would accept to move but freo look destined to take the next step into finals/top 4 area and he adds quality depth if he stays fit but a risk worth taking at low risk.

Only other team would be Hawks that come to mind

I really don’t think you can compare Jack Martin with Jaeger O Meara. Vastly different individuals and circumstances.
There was another bloke taken in one of those mini drafts. Can't remember his name, but I'm sure he spent sometime at Freo before moving to GWS.
He had his issues getting on the field, although not specifically body related. But it appears now he has got his body and more importantly mind right, the mini draft hype was well worth it.

Really feel for Jack, has all the ability in the world. Really is one of the toughest and unique players I have seen. Can play tall, small, inside and out.

Every club should do their due diligence on him, and if by some miracle they can get him fit, on a heavily incentive based offer, he could prove to be a real asset.

Every club has a few project players on their list, some Irish, some cross code converts. Very few of them come on. Can do a lot worse than having this guy as the 38th man on your list. Because if the stars align, he could really be the difference.

I wish him all the best if he does leave, he really deserve one last crack at it, maybe a fresh environment could swing his and that clubs fortunes. Although if reports are true, I'm not sure the Optus surface is the ideal hunting ground for him.

But if all else fails, for a season on min chips, he's a great clubman and a fantastic golfer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back